Author Topic: Why no black lights in fake lock downs  (Read 7889 times)

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Why no black lights in fake lock downs
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006, 11:54:58 AM »
as I posted in another section, if the blacklights were used for sterilizing cultures, why would they be hidden behind the doors. The blacklights dont come on in every lockdown. In the flashback to des and kelv, there were no blacklights. Kelvin, however, was painting the map on the door in invisible paint. What if Kelvin was watching the events going on in the hatch from the Pearl. He was sitting there smoking his cigarettes and when the Hostile was out of the room, he triggered the blacklight so John could see his map. (maybe to find him?)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 12:26:12 PM »
The panel used to create the fake lockdown was in the lockdown area methinks. However, Fenry could easily have hot-wired the black light from the computer room if he was familiar with the swan station.

What I think is that it may have been a NORMAL part of lockdown procedure. Lockdown occurs, after a few minutes, teh UV light sterilizes everything. Viola! Lockdown over n'est-ce pas?
Desmond had to put that file cabinet or safe or whatever it was beneath one of the hatch doors in order to trigger the fake lockdown and still be able to return to the room where Kelvin was, so I don't think the panel is in the same room as the lockdown area.

Also, as others have mentioned, during Desmond's stay with Kelvin the black lights never came on during their fake lockdowns, so that would seem to indicate that the black lights are manually manipulated and not triggered by some hidden timer.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 09:11:25 PM »
In th reallock down  Locke heard the ladies voice come on the loud speaker, said he had about about twenty minutes.when kelvin and Desmond faked the lock down her voice would start up then stop. Something triggers a real lockdown that causes the black lights to come on.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 09:29:31 PM »
I think we should agree that their is a manual trigger to the black lights. The more important question is, even if there was someone with a manual trigger for the blacklight, why would they want Locke to see it? Why would they want Locke to see it and not Fhenry....and, if the video feed in the Pearl is on a time delay and assuming that the smoking man in the Pearl was the one who set off the manual trigger, how would he know when to trigger the lights. Why the hell are those cameras on a time delay??? Whats the point!

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2006, 09:43:04 PM »
validkeys, I completely agree, in fact I think they are on a massive time delay. I posted this somewhere else before. My observation was that when Locke and Eko found the Pearl and saw the Swan on the screens, they showed a completely different time (I'm not getting into the whole time manipulation thing here because I don't think I agree with it!LOL). Locke was looking at Jack walking across the screen and the sink area was completely clear but we know from seeing Jack washing his hands that the sink area was in fact quite messy and there were lots of other people in there too. I posted a load of links to screencaps proving this too, it's within the '?' board somewhere.

Because of this, I don't feel that there is a switch/manual trigger within the Pearl that controls the black lights. There may well be within the Swan, but I'm convinced that Fenry didn't fiddle with it during the 'Lockdown' episode. Just my hunch...

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 09:49:31 PM »
Alright, then lets assume for a second that Fhenry had nothing to do with it. The only time that the blacklights came on was when Fhenry was there. He had an agenda the entire time that he was there..obviously a scholar in social dynamics. What was his agenda by telling Locke that he didnt push the button if not to entice Locke to do the same? People are saying that Fhenry looked angered after the button wasnt pushed in the last episode, but if this were so, why would he tell Locke not to push it? Unless Fhenry wanted to die but couldnt bring himself to do it, then after the bright lights and him realising that he wasnt dead, maybe then he would be angry, but I dont see Fhenry as having a death wish. I think that this could uncover something big...Fhenry's agenda.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2006, 11:54:48 PM »
Alright, then lets assume for a second that Fhenry had nothing to do with it. The only time that the blacklights came on was when Fhenry was there. He had an agenda the entire time that he was there..obviously a scholar in social dynamics. What was his agenda by telling Locke that he didnt push the button if not to entice Locke to do the same? People are saying that Fhenry looked angered after the button wasnt pushed in the last episode, but if this were so, why would he tell Locke not to push it? Unless Fhenry wanted to die but couldnt bring himself to do it, then after the bright lights and him realising that he wasnt dead, maybe then he would be angry, but I dont see Fhenry as having a death wish. I think that this could uncover something big...Fhenry's agenda.

Fhenry's agenda is the key, definitely. The only agenda we've possibly been given any insight into by him, though, is when he told Locke it was his mission to come and bring Locke back. So assuming he was being truthful, at least at that point, how does telling Locke that he didn't push the button help him accomplish that goal, fulfill that agenda?

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2006, 12:13:11 AM »
Locke believed that the Island was some spiritual being..ex. When Charlie lost his guitar, Locke said that he had to give the Island something in return for his guitar. He lost this faith (mainly because no one else on the Island believed like he did.) Whether or not Fhenry has the same belief or knowledge about the Island, I think that he comes across to Locke as a believer...the same as Locke. Locke became disconcerted with the skinner box type button pushing experiment and FHenry again came across as a team player. He wanted to bring Locke back but he wasnt on the list..Why?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2006, 02:57:39 AM »
In th reallock down  Locke heard the ladies voice come on the loud speaker, said he had about about twenty minutes.when kelvin and Desmond faked the lock down her voice would start up then stop. Something triggers a real lockdown that causes the black lights to come on.

Hey GJ  I am still of the opinion that Fenry for some as yet unkoown reason triggered the black lights

this is one mystery I am affraid that we may never find out the answer to

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2006, 10:06:42 AM »

Fhenry's agenda is the key, definitely. The only agenda we've possibly been given any insight into by him, though, is when he told Locke it was his mission to come and bring Locke back. So assuming he was being truthful, at least at that point, how does telling Locke that he didn't push the button help him accomplish that goal, fulfill that agenda?

the key or The Key?  Maybe he was mad because the event wasn't the event that he expected, maybe he was mad BECAUSE of The Key being used.   Man this is going to me a long summer.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2006, 10:34:47 AM »
haha you know we are getting in too deep when we are not sure what the word key means! This is a great forum! I think that Henry deserves his own topic. Im going to start one so we can get more people involed. We'll start from the beginning and work forward and try and establish some kind of agenda for Fhenry.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2006, 11:03:23 AM »
I started a FHenry post, lets figure out who this guy is:

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=1737.0

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »
Howdy...Great forum.

I remember that fHenry didn't want Locke to go under the propped-open blast door in Lockdown ("wait!").  He probably wanted John to remain in the living area during a lockdown that he (fHenry) may have known about in advance.  It is my opinion that fHenry's intention all along was to get Locke to question his own faith by providing fruits from the Tree of Knowledge.  He either triggered the black lights from within the computer room (isn't that where Desmond and Kelvin fiddled with the wiring?) or he at least knew it was coming.  Kelvin also wanted someone to take these fruits (so he surveyed and created or added to the map), but he didn't want it to be Desmond.  My understanding is that not only is the map blast door not visible in the raised position but it is also not in view of the cameras which Kelvin probably knew about either from having lived there for a long time (dusting cobwebs?) or from having found the Pearl.  The interconnecting lines among the stations on the map may represent many things such as...who can see who or the relationships regarding various experiments.

Henry is The Devil (...but still not 'Him').  Everything he says is a lie.

Anyone else think he is Verbal kent AKA Keyser Söze?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2006, 04:21:48 AM »
Howdy...Great forum.

I remember that fHenry didn't want Locke to go under the propped-open blast door in Lockdown ("wait!").  He probably wanted John to remain in the living area during a lockdown that he (fHenry) may have known about in advance.  It is my opinion that fHenry's intention all along was to get Locke to question his own faith by providing fruits from the Tree of Knowledge.  He either triggered the black lights from within the computer room (isn't that where Desmond and Kelvin fiddled with the wiring?) or he at least knew it was coming.  Kelvin also wanted someone to take these fruits (so he surveyed and created or added to the map), but he didn't want it to be Desmond.  My understanding is that not only is the map blast door not visible in the raised position but it is also not in view of the cameras which Kelvin probably knew about either from having lived there for a long time (dusting cobwebs?) or from having found the Pearl.  The interconnecting lines among the stations on the map may represent many things such as...who can see who or the relationships regarding various experiments.

Henry is The Devil (...but still not 'Him').  Everything he says is a lie.

Anyone else think he is Verbal kent AKA Keyser Söze?

Loved the usual suspects 
so if fenry is verbal kent and kent was keyser  then wouldn't fenry be Him ?
or am just lost

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2006, 08:56:11 AM »
Hmmmm. I just watched episode 2-23 again. I noted this exchange:

INMAN: Are you HIM?

DESMOND: What?

INMAN: What did one snowman say to the other?

DESMOND: What are you talking about? Who are you?

Is this the generic "him" or THE HIM that Kelvin is referring to???? Puzzling.  :-\