Author Topic: Why no black lights in fake lock downs  (Read 7888 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Why no black lights in fake lock downs
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 06:08:32 PM »
You mean the sheep who are too lazy to gol ookfor Eko,locke and Sawyer.Jack did say let the CAMP know Desmond is back.How did the CAMP even know about Desmond.Only ones who met himwere  Locke, Jack, Sayid, and Kate.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 07:39:05 PM »
Producers have hinted that this may go on off screen, time to put it on screen,.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 12:37:55 PM »
Locke had only experianced one lockdown and had no way of knowing that he could ge the blast doors to come down on command  and I am not sure if Desmond knew anything about the black lights so now that they are together maybe just maybe they will put thier notes together and be able to copy the map in detail then start checking out the islands other hatches
That would make for an interesting season 3 plot line

Then they can finally find the underwater hatch where they make the time traveling evil clones
LOL

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »
But Desmond never saw the map hence his surprise about the other hatch.No when they get into the under water hatch they will find the doorway to the Hollow Earth and the island inside the earth.LOL>(seemy posting on Hollow Earth may not agree with it but found similarties to Lost too coinincendental.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 12:31:14 AM »
Wrote this on another thread, but...lol

The only way the lockdowns make a lick of sense (lol) is if they have nothing whatsoever to do with the food drop. As others have stated, the crash survivors would have seen whatever the lockdown was supposed to keep the hatch dwellers from seeing, yet nobody saw anything, whether inside or outside the hatch. Not to mention who cares if the hatch dwellers see a food drop. What would be the purpose in keeping that from their observation?

As for the black lights not coming on during the fake lockdowns, the only way THAT makes a lick of sense (lol) is if the black lights work independently of the blast doors being triggered. Perhaps the black lights USED to be triggered at the same time, but Rudisnky disabled it once he started creating his invisible map on the blast door. And just like the lockdown, he could also fiddle with the wiring to make the black lights come on...this way he could control who sees the map. If you recall, the black lights didn't come on immediately, they came on much later after the lockdown had been instigated. Enough time passed between the lockdown and the black lights for Locke to attempt to lift the door on his own, for Locke to let Fenry out of the armory, for Locke and Fenry to attempt to lift the blast door together, for Locke to get caught under the door, for Fenry to fall while trying to climb into the air ducts, and for Fenry to have been gone for a few minutes causing Locke to yell out to him. That kinda hints at the blacklights not being an automatic part of a lockdown, whether "real" or "fake".

And of course the only way either of those two scenarios make any sense at all is if the "real" lockdown was not actually a real one, but one triggered by someone else outside of Locke's vision. But who would it be, and why would they do so? Well, the "why" could be because whoever triggered the "real" lockdown wanted Locke to see the map. Or...there's yet another map on yet another blast door that the person who triggered the lockdown needed to see. Not likely, but..lol. Maybe Fenry did it all: pushed the button, triggered the black lights, then triggered the blast doors to go back up again. Afterall, whoever was in the Pearl station had seen what was going on, so I'm pretty sure the Others are well aware of the fake lockdowns and the map that can only be seen during one.

*edit*...Now that I think about it, the black lights were only on for a very quick moment. Perhaps Fenry was trying to hotwire the blast doors to go back up so he could help Locke, and in attempting to do so he accidentally turned on the black lights for a few seconds. This lead to Locke seeing the map, which was not Fenry's intention, his intention was only to get the blast door off Locke's legs. Once Fenry finally figured out how to trigger the blast doors back up, the black lights went back off and the doors came back up.

And how would Fenry know how to trigger the doors? He knew because he was one of the people originally stationed in the Pearl hatch. He watched the fake lockdowns himself so he knew what to do. And perhaps, there's no video camera in the room where the map is being created, so when the blast doors went down, nobody in the Pearl station could see what Kelvin and Rudisnsky (sp?) were doing. Fenry (or whoever was manning the Pearl station) knows about the blast doors, but has no clue about the map.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 01:03:31 AM by WhatThe »

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 02:05:43 AM »
very well thought out

could fenry be radzinsky and like you say have wanted Locke to see the map ?

We only have Kelvins word that Radzinsky is dead Its not like Kelvin has not lied before

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 02:33:03 AM »
In graduate school, we used ultraviolet light prior to doing a tissue culture in order to kill any micro-organisms. Thus our tissue cultures would be sterile and would not be contaminated with foreign microbiota. I wonder if the black light is actually UV light used to decontaminate the Swan Station during lockdowns..... HMMMMMM.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 02:41:42 AM »
that could very well have been the original use of the lights  but as pointed out in the above post  they did not come on until well into the lockdown and after Fenry was out of sight so I am guessing that Fenry wanted Locke to see the map or should I say someone wanted Fenry to see the map I am assumeing that the lights are triggered from inside the Swan it is possible that they vould be triggered from somewhere else like the pearl or another station

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 03:11:42 AM »
The panel used to create the fake lockdown was in the lockdown area methinks. However, Fenry could easily have hot-wired the black light from the computer room if he was familiar with the swan station.

What I think is that it may have been a NORMAL part of lockdown procedure. Lockdown occurs, after a few minutes, teh UV light sterilizes everything. Viola! Lockdown over n'est-ce pas?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 03:14:09 AM »
so why no lights in the 40 min that Des and Locke waited for the countdown to reach zero

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 03:22:25 AM »
I was always under the impression that lockdown was different from the countdown expiring...... Is that not so?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 03:25:45 AM »
During the lockdown that Locke saw the map it only showed up late into the final part of the countdown
and this last epi it reached 0 and still no black lights

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 03:41:00 AM »
That's my point. The black light only shows during lockdown, not countdown.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 08:46:25 AM »

Well there is a countdown (a choppy voice over PA one) but not THE countdown... I think it warning to get ONE person to the computer room, and the others in the living space. (or something like that).

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 10:40:04 AM »

so the black lights only show  during " real lockdowns then