Author Topic: Kelvin - Desmond connection  (Read 2463 times)

Offline intimate rush

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Kelvin - Desmond connection
« on: May 30, 2006, 05:40:18 PM »
with all the strange connections going on.
they cant miss the chance of a des and K connection in the gulf war.

id go with something like Kelvin doesnt know its him, but a mistake Desmond made during the gulf war is the reason Kelvin had to leave the army and the reason Des went to prison.

i was thinking surely over 3 year they would talk about their time in the army, but maybe Des is so ashamed of what happened that hes never mentioned it.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvin - Desmond connection
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 05:45:12 PM »
Des was sent to prison because he had a problem with authority. Klevin said that he was discharged because people followed his direction. He for sure ordered tons of innocents to be killed or tortured..I like the idea that they had met but throughout the show, the connections in the past seem to be the least likely people you would have thought would have crossed paths. jacks dad and anna lucia case and point. Klevin is tied to Kate's Dad as seen in the helicopter scene with Sayid. Thats Klevin's connection. It seems though that there may be some second link for Klevin..Someone that hasnt been center-stage in the show for a while...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 11:19:35 PM »
Mr. Widmore said that des was a coward. Maybe he was afraid or refused to fight.

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 11:21:21 PM »
But remember too that Penny said something to the effect of "it wasn't your fault what happened" - reminded me of when Hurley was in SRMI and the Doc told him the people dying due to the deck collapsing wasn't Hurley's fault.   Anyone else pick up on that?

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 11:43:45 PM »
Very interesting. It has been touched upon throughout the various posts but it would be interesting to start drawing connections to characters based on their persona's and past emotional traumas and not just them having met. For example, both Locke and Eko dont want to be told what to do. Why is that? For Locke it was either because he was in a wheelchair or was constantly put down at the Box Company. Eko was a drug lord (perhaps he wasnt used to people bossing him around.) Perhaps both des and hurley feel that everything they touch dies or goes wrong. I know that my insight here is rather limited but if well all put our heads together this would be an interesting topic.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 11:52:51 PM »
Not necessarily emotional, but both Micheal and Desmond sent tons of letters to someone which were never delivered, and which were handed back to them unopened years later (Michael's letters to Walt, and Desmond's letters to Penny). I can't tell if it has meaning or if it's just laziness on the part of the show's writers to use that "unopened letters" cliche' twice lol.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 09:26:31 PM »
It'sa cliche but it works for me.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 09:28:27 PM »
validkeys it wasn't Kelvin in the helicopter with Sayid that was kate's dad.kelvin was the CIA Ops who trained  Sayid.Sledge even did a screen cap of the two guys to put this confusion to rest two different guys with Sayid.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 09:38:44 PM »
you're right, sorry about that...

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »
Just a minor nitpicky thing, but there was never a helicopter either. :)  Sayid was riding with Inman and Austen in an army truck we commonly nickname a "Deuce and a half"  (for the weight of the vehicle, supposedly).

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 10:48:08 AM »
PandoraX, have you ever seen the show John Doe? It was on Fox like 3-4 years ago. Anyways, the guys wakes up on an Island and doesnt remember his past but knows absolutely everythin in the world....I think this story was loosely based on you...your knowledge is incredible..Im still working on multiplying 'the numbers' haha

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 11:05:30 PM »
Thanks for correction pandora. The showJohn Doe was a ripp off f ofThe pretneder that ran forfourseasons.