Author Topic: Fenry pushed the button!  (Read 10022 times)

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Fenry pushed the button!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 04:38:22 AM »
Geronimo Jackson said- "But why then since Locke helpedHenry wasn't Locke part of the ones to go with Michael? Did Henry want him to stay and punch the numbers?"

maybe they didnt want Locke because that list wasn't a list of helpful people, the "good ones".  After all, would you put Locke in the same category as Sawyer, a general no-goodnick, Kate, a murderer, and Jack, who is the polar oppositte of Locke? as for Hurley, they did send him back....

Yeah, but should Fenry be thankful to Jack.  I mean Jack did keep Sayid from beating him to death?[

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 05:42:11 AM »
Yeah, but what are the odds he had a conveniently placed blood packet in his scalp?  That was quite a bit of blood for a non-lethal blow.  If he ISN'T dead, I will feel cheated by the writers.

theatrical glue... blood packs...

hmmmmmmm....
I really hope you're joking here lol  ;D

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 05:48:28 AM »
of course Fenry entered the numbers

the big question is why did he want to shake Lockes faith in entering the numbers
was it to help in his plan to escape , if that is, he ever had a plan to escape

so many questions so little time  ::)
I think it was to shake Locke's faith in having any reason for remaining with the crash survivors. Fake Henry told Locke that his "mission" was to come get him and bring him back. I think the first thing he did was return to Locke after the blast doors went back up, as a way of getting Locke to trust him and believe in him. He didn't think Sayid and Anna Lucia would actually dig up the grave so his story would check out and Locke would have a "bond" with him and would more easily accompany him back to the Others' camp (which would mean he'd have to eventually confide in Locke once he determined he was far enough inside Locke's head to do so). Once he realized his story was found out, he decided to screw with Locke's head and tell him that his reason for staying in the hatch--pushing the button--was all a joke of sorts, to basically say "You're not needed here, your reason for being here is a false one. But we need you back at our camp. You're one of the good ones."

Apparently it worked.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 11:42:12 AM »

And now that I think about it... When Desmond ran back to the hatch he would have taken the boat... and then 45 days later when Desmond ran away the boat would have been gone.  That is assuming that Kelvin wasn't just going somwhere else (PALA Ferry).  (Maybe Kelvin was an Other posing at a Dharma-mite)

I also am wondering, I know he had three years to do it... but MAN he did a stellar job fixing that boat for having "messed it up pretty bad."  Where he get the supplies?  Fiberglass, white marine paint, pristine polished hardware, and a finely refinished mahogony deck.   Maybe before he as a spook he was a boat maker. :)  (Or maye the boat wasn't really messed up in the first place.)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 12:36:46 PM »

the big question is why did he want to shake Lockes faith in entering the numbers

I think it was to shake Locke's faith in having any reason for remaining with the crash survivors. Fake Henry told Locke that his "mission" was to come get him and bring him back. I think the first thing he did was return to Locke after the blast doors went back up, as a way of getting Locke to trust him and believe in him. He didn't think Sayid and Anna Lucia would actually dig up the grave so his story would check out and Locke would have a "bond" with him and would more easily accompany him back to the Others' camp (which would mean he'd have to eventually confide in Locke once he determined he was far enough inside Locke's head to do so). Once he realized his story was found out, he decided to screw with Locke's head and tell him that his reason for staying in the hatch--pushing the button--was all a joke of sorts, to basically say "You're not needed here, your reason for being here is a false one. But we need you back at our camp. You're one of the good ones."

Apparently it worked.

I like your thinking on this but i would disagree that it worked
from what i saw in the last epi  i would conclude that Locke is now of a mind to disbelieve anythng fenry had told him 

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 04:19:02 PM »
like your thinking on this but i would disagree that it worked
from what i saw in the last epi  i would conclude that Locke is now of a mind to disbelieve anythng fenry had told him

I agree thats why I thought Locke was going to find Henry(before finale) and have a few choice words to say to him  tos ay the least.But he went the other way.I did find the scene of Locke crying very touching along with his I was wrong statement.Poo rLocke he just can't find his destiny.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 04:39:02 PM »

Apparently it worked.

I like your thinking on this but i would disagree that it worked

I say it worked only because Locke seriously questioned pushing the button after that...even in the same episode in which fake Henry told him he never pushed it, Locke was seen banging on the door and yelling, demanding to know if he really did push it. It didn't necessarily work in the sense that Locke wanted to go join the others, although he DID lie to everyone about Fake Henry trying to choke Ana Lucia. I always wondered why he would, and the only reason I came up with was because of Fake Henry's confiding and saying he was there to get Locke because he was one of the good ones. Maybe Locke didn't want anything happening to him at that point because he head was still getting screwed with by his doubts about the button and his "knowledge" that the Others felt he was somehow important or needed. Let's face it, Locke was someone who was deserted by everyone in his life. Here's a group of people who were actually seeking him out and wanting him to join them. That had to effect his mind. Throw in the lie about the button, and I think Henry's plan started to "work".

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 11:39:25 PM »
Oh there is no doubt that Fenry got into Lockes mind and had him questioning everything hathe had thought up to that point  after the pearl he was sure fenry had told him the truth about the button

But in the end  i still think that fenrys plan did not work if he ment to convince Locke to join him
if on the other hand he wanted the button not to be pushed then Fenrys plan worked like a charm
and I stand be my first statement 

Fenry did push the button

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 11:49:22 PM »

"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common." [The] John Locke

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 12:07:49 AM »
Fenry pushed the button, we see what happens when you don't. Fenry got in Lockes head and got him to doubt himself. But why would henry want the button to be stopped being pushed, unless he is not dharma?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 01:24:03 AM »
why would henry want the button to be stopped being pushed, unless he is not dharma?
I believe that is the true question that needs an answer

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 01:25:57 AM »
Oh there is no doubt that Fenry got into Lockes mind and had him questioning everything hathe had thought up to that point  after the pearl he was sure fenry had told him the truth about the button

But in the end  i still think that fenrys plan did not work if he ment to convince Locke to join him
if on the other hand he wanted the button not to be pushed then Fenrys plan worked like a charm

But what would be the reason for Fenry not wanting the button pushed?...And if Fenry didn't want it to be pushed, why did he himself push it while Locke was trapped beneath the blast door and nobody else could have or would have pushed it?...Why not just run out of the hatch and let whatever happens, happen? Makes more sense that Fenry knew the importance of having that button pushed and so pushed it...but later decided to use that knowledge to screw with Locke's head and instead tell him he didn't. In that scenario he simply wants Locke to detach himself from the hatch, not for the button to no longer be pushed. There were like 41 other people who could still push the button...lol...Fenry just didn't want Locke to be one of them anymore.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 08:44:43 AM »

But what would be the reason for Fenry not wanting the button pushed?...And if Fenry didn't want it to be pushed, why did he himself push it while Locke was trapped beneath the blast door and nobody else could have or would have pushed it?...Why not just run out of the hatch and let whatever happens, happen? Makes more sense that Fenry knew the importance of having that button pushed and so pushed it...but later decided to use that knowledge to screw with Locke's head and instead tell him he didn't. In that scenario he simply wants Locke to detach himself from the hatch, not for the button to no longer be pushed. There were like 41 other people who could still push the button...lol...Fenry just didn't want Locke to be one of them anymore.

You make a good point, it may have been just to get Locke out and get some fresh air.  Unless Locke has done something terrible we don't know about yet, he does have a history of getting attached and not knowing when to let go... if Fenry has any good at all like he says he does, he may have been doing Locke a favor in a round about way.  Creepy and almost cruel, but saved from from the obession.  We know he is good for his word, because they gave back walk and gave Michael a boat.... whether or not its a trap they never said they would let them go, they just said he could have Walt back and have a boat.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 12:10:48 PM »

Oh I agree that there is an ulterior motive for fenry messing with Lockes head  I am hoping that in season 3 we will get a lot more info to work with
Then again it could have just been part of his plan to plant seeds of decent amongst the losties
Locke was very sure of his "  purpose " and Fenry totally shook that foundation

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 12:25:51 PM »
When the bright light happened Fenry looked pissed. If he needed the button pressed to hide the island then shouldn't they be seen now that the equipment (computer) is destroyed. How do they now release the built up magnetic power. And if it isn't built up how is the island hidden?