Author Topic: Libby/Elizabeth  (Read 4197 times)

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Twins...Are we reading into this correctly?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 04:02:27 PM »
haha, I hate the twin theory more than anything. But I think that it means something or else it wouldnt be such a big part of the experience. Im searching for alternate meaning for Bad Twin. The author, the manuscript, the burning of the ending (was that siginificant..was there something he might have found out)? I just cant believe that the answer would be that there is some alternate Jack doing bad things etc.. (even though Jack does look like the Portuguese guy)

I do like how you hinted at split personalities, and I do believe we'll find out what a bad twin is on the island in due time

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Libby/Elizabeth
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 09:20:54 PM »
I merged the two twin idea threads here... I think they've hinted at this since they introduced the Bad Twin book (we have discussion on the topic in Book References forum as well)... though I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of it either.  I hope they are more original than the whole clone idea, which has been done to death in sci fi... just my personal opinion.  I would rather they put them in as genuine connections to show karmic relationships.

But valid, I do like your variation on this idea, that it's not to be taken as literally.. the emotional twin idea. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 09:23:30 PM by PandoraX »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 11:13:01 PM »
Pandora join me in the no clone talk club! I think it will have to do with a person being both good and bad. DOing bad for the better good.

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 11:48:18 PM »
I mean Hurley is not the most attractive person on the island... especially since he is sweating ALL the time. 

EXCUSE ME!!!!!  Attractiveness is not just the physical you know........

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 02:16:12 AM »
Ididn't fidmuch on Libby/Elizabeth but as forend of the book bad twin noLibby is ot a twin,ask Hurley guys on island he read the wholemanuscript before Sawyer.