Author Topic: Libby/Elizabeth  (Read 3605 times)

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Libby/Elizabeth
« on: May 27, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »
First off, I know this sounds farfetched, but hear me out. We know island Libby was hospitizided to SRMHI, but she claimed she was a phyciatrist. I know it's possible that she's telling the truth and just had a crisis, but, what if she had a twin. Elizabeth. On the island, she could be hiding her past and telling the islanders that she's a phyciatrist because she's worried she wouldn't be trusted or something like that. I know it's confuzing but I'd like to hear some thoughts on it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 05:25:53 PM by sam_i_am »

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Libby/Elizabeth
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 07:45:55 PM »
First off, I know this sounds farfetched, but hear me out. We know island Libby was hospitizided to SRMHI, but she claimed she was a phyciatrist. I know it's possible that she's telling the truth and just had a crisis, but, what if she had a twin. Elizabeth. On the island, she could be hiding her past and telling the islanders that she's a phyciatrist because she's worried she wouldn't be trusted or something like that. I know it's confuzing but I'd like to hear some thoughts on it.

Maybe....

Spoiler
She killed her husband and pleaded insanity to get offf...

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 08:38:45 PM »
No it'sourlibby she was by the way stating she was a clinical pyshcologist.  She obvioulsy works for Widmore.She could have been in there to spyon the guy rattling the number not hulrey he didn't use them until much later,or she went in becuase her husband wasreal and did die and she got depressed.

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 09:24:39 PM »
Libby is a common nickname for people named Elizabeth.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 09:39:23 PM »
Yes it is my cousin goes by Liz lizzie Libby.drives me crazy.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 02:54:25 AM »
No it'sourlibby she was by the way stating she was a clinical pyshcologist.  She obvioulsy works for Widmore.She could have been in there to spyon the guy rattling the number not hulrey he didn't use them until much later,or she went in becuase her husband wasreal and did die and she got depressed.

Thanks GJ this is the theory I have been pushing since Wednesday. It is nice to see someone else on the  same wavelength. She starts checking out Hurley after he uses the numbers and she wants to know what else he knows

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 06:07:39 PM »

Thanks GJ this is the theory I have been pushing since Wednesday. It is nice to see someone else on the  same wavelength. She starts checking out Hurley after he uses the numbers and she wants to know what else he knows

I was thinking that Libby became obsessed w/ Hurley in the hospital... but I like this theory better.  Why else would Libby who is I would say at least ten years older than Hurley  start anything w/ him while on the island. I mean Hurley is not the most attractive person on the island... especially since he is sweating ALL the time.  I think this makes more sense as to why she is "attracted to him"... just trying to see what he knows!!  Good theory Guys!!

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 06:15:43 PM »

I forget do we know why Libby was is Australia?  They show her interupt Eko and the drowned girl when their conversation gets hot, but I don't recall seeing her there before this.  Maybe she was following Hurley.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 07:34:01 PM »
WE don't know that yet. Could be an important piece.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Bad Twins...Are we reading into this correctly?
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 03:47:52 PM »
As I have been reading through thousands of posts, many alluding to the possibility of a good twin/bad twin gary troupe scenario. We look at libby and think maybe her bad twin is in the mental hospital while the good twin is out giving strange men boats. In Gary Troupe's interview he talks about the origins of Bad Twin as a man who lead a normal good life but covertly was doing something bad. This something bad was smuggling illegal immigrants out of (cuba?). What if the word 'twin' is taken to litterally. What if its an emotional twin? Multiple personality disorder? The others say that they are the good guys. What if they are working wonders but have to kill some people to do it. On one side they look like the good twin...curing disease etc.. but their tactics to do such are of the Bad Twin variety. This theory could possibly be taken back to the juxtaposition of the others and the losties. What if the others play the bad twin role and the losties play the good twin? What do you guys think?

What if the losties are the others?

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Twins...Are we reading into this correctly?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 03:48:42 PM »
As I have been reading through thousands of posts, many alluding to the possibility of a good twin/bad twin gary troupe scenario. We look at libby and think maybe her bad twin is in the mental hospital while the good twin is out giving strange men boats. In Gary Troupe's interview he talks about the origins of Bad Twin as a man who lead a normal good life but covertly was doing something bad. This something bad was smuggling illegal immigrants out of (cuba?). What if twin is taken to litterally. What if its an emotional twin? Multiple personality disorder? The others think say that they are the good guys. What if they are working wonders but have to kill some people to do it. On one side they look like the good twin...curing disease etc.. but their tactics to do such are of the Bad Twin variety. This theory could possibly be taken back to the juxtaposition of the others and the losties. What if the others play the bad twin role and the losties play the good twin? What do you guys think?

What if the losties are the others?

paging Lost ranters on line 2...

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 03:49:47 PM »
haha sorry for the rant. This was my first topic starter. Try to keep it down next time :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 03:52:44 PM »
That was good. The others think they are the good guys but their tactics (kidnapping) are not great traits.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 03:54:54 PM »
haha sorry for the rant. This was my first topic starter. Try to keep it down next time :)

hehe... nah, i wouldn't call what you said a "rant"... but there are those who hate any sort of bad twin theory...

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 04:01:11 PM »
haha, I hate the twin theory more than anything. But I think that it means something or else it wouldnt be such a big part of the experience. Im searching for alternate meaning for Bad Twin. The author, the manuscript, the burning of the ending (was that siginificant..was there something he might have found out)? I just cant believe that the answer would be that there is some alternate Jack doing bad things etc.. (even though Jack does look like the Portuguese guy)