Author Topic: What about the other hatches?  (Read 1300 times)

Offline ragedBR

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
What about the other hatches?
« on: May 26, 2006, 09:19:45 PM »
Hmmm, none of you have addressed this as of yet.
First of all, I am new here, I have been reading these boards since last night..
I came across this website's link on spoilerfix.com and I am amazed about how much information there is here that I would've never though about.

I like the magnetic theories more and more as I read them, but as I am not really big on magnetics I don't really have a clue on what repels and what not.. I was hoping an expert would come here and clear all of this for us.

Now on to the topic, the control center that corresponds to the "?" mark of the map shows lots of monitors but only one active station, that is the station of our dear LOST friends. If the other (5?) stations were similar to the Swan station, if the Swan station is the only one still active, it may be responsible for discharging ALL of the margnetic energy the Island can build (what should've been the task of all stations)..OR maybe all stations have different purposes, and the ? (Pearl??) station monitors all of them.

Ok, so the Island builds a lot of magnetic energy naturally or from the device that was build so that it requires the 'discharge' by the button pushed. The first question that comes in mind is that WHY IS THIS NOT an automatic thing?

We do know that if the energy is not DISCHARGED , that it can cause catastrophic damage like causing an air plane crashe. What bugs me is that the so called 'others' were not worried AT ALL about the button or what the stations can cause. Why is that? They seem to be 'in control' of the "snow globe" environment, though they wouldn't want the whole Island to implode, would they? Thay payed no attention to that station, and if it wasn't for desmond, they would most likely be all dead.

The others do seem much like hillbillies to be in control of ANYTHING...
ALso, I do not think that the fact that desmond made the plane crash makes the 'fate/destiny' theory go to waste.. Their fates/destinies had already been crossed before, why not again in this peculiar "world"??

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: What about the other hatches?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 09:40:30 PM »
great first post!! 

i, too, have been wondering why the "others" were not concerned with the swan hatch.  if it will really cause the end of the world, or at least the end of the island, don't you think they would make sure someone THEY trust was in there pushing the buttons.  even when fenry was there, he didn't seem all that concerned with the buttons.  in fact to me it seemed like it was a new concept to him. 

Offline ragedBR

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 09:44:48 PM »
I'm not sure.. If they have been around the Island for years (Well, Russeau has been for 16 years, we don't know about the Others but they might have been there for many more years than that), they for sure had come across Dharma's stuff before and some of the hatches on the Island.. they even faked their own hatch on their fake camp, so they must know *something* about that.

It does looke like Henry Gale didn't know much about it, that's why he didn't pay much attention altho he DID press the button.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:35:11 AM »
Love your sig photo ladybug formother heroies posted on this boad i say Henry knw allabutthe other hatches, all the Others do, use tunnels