Author Topic: "We're the good guys" - Fenry  (Read 15135 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: "We're the good guys" - Fenry
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 08:32:14 PM »
I lean towards the others being leftover scientist from the original dharma experiments who believe that they were betrayed or the work veered of course. They are still there doing the work that they believe is "good". SO the "bad" definetely could be dharma/hanso people.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 01:14:12 PM »
Kelvin used the term Hostiles referring to where the others were at other end of island. Ans he was a memebr ofDharma.Henry  could have been playing with Locke about HIM and  other mean people.But I dont think there are two separate grous.Liek any orgnazation dissent among the ranks.Henry afraid of HIM yet obvious by fianle henry is also a powerful man in the ranks.So could be as this showis based on perpespective there is differign perpsectives on how things shouldbe run by Dharma and hanso and possibly Widmore.Pecking order.

GJ: I have to disagree that we know who the Hostiles are.  There is absolutely no way anyone can say that difinitively--it can be speculated, but not supported at this point.  The audience, and our Losties for that matter, have no idea who else is on the Island, let alone that there is one specific group of people running the show.  A direct example of this is that NONE of us knew about The Tailies before we saw The Other 48 Days. 

As the subject of this thread states, and Fenry himself said, "we're the good guys, Michael."  and it begs the question, then who do his people think are the bad guys?  Are they there on the Island? 

Kelvin's choice of wording was very specific and I think it was a clue.  I've posted this before, but "hostiles" is a military term.  He didn't say "insurgents," he didn't say "scientists," he said "hostiles."  I guess we'll find out soon enough!

cheers
*Des8

Iwas just speculating.I would  personally prefer that the old Dharma people were forgoten about  and were still doing their experiments from the 1980's but food drop shows  "they" know poepl are still there.could be two different groups.i like your miltray explanations about the Hostiles and Kelvin did say he worked for Dharma.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 11:14:19 PM »
Yes, Kelvin told Desmond he did join Dharma, went to work for them in the S2 finale, LTDA.

Thanks for your comments re: "Hostiles."  It is indeed a military term and he was quite specific about it.... so many possibilities.

cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 01:33:30 PM »
Yes, Kelvin told Desmond he did join Dharma, went to work for them in the S2 finale, LTDA.

Thanks for your comments re: "Hostiles."  It is indeed a military term and he was quite specific about it.... so many possibilities.

cheers
*Des8
And he said it very sarcastically almost spat the words Dharma.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 01:32:16 AM »

cheers
*Des8
GJ:
I had forgotten that Kelvin told Desmond in the hatch something to the effect of "I joined the Dharma Initiative because soldiers followed my orders.
cheers
*Des8
And he said it very sarcastically almost spat the words Dharma.

Offline Sheverllu

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 04:43:02 AM »
So what do you think this means?
I'm thinking a lot about author's point of view. I mean so far we're hearing the story of the island through the people on the airplane (and Desmond).
Is there a bigger story out there that the Others really are the good guys and the losties are getting in the way of something very important that they're doing?

You can't believe Fenry though, he lied to Locke that he didn't push the button during the Lockdown.
Cus we all know he did. Or else all magnetic hell would have broken loose like the finale.

Anyway, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this statement he made.

This is the topic that we should answer..... Anyway my thought about this is that the cast feel they doing something really good with them selves or with other cast in that island.  They feel it is important because they felt they done good!   Well any other thoughts?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »
I'm thinking a lot about author's point of view. I mean so far we're hearing the story of the island through the people on the airplane (and Desmond).
Is there a bigger story out there that the Others really are the good guys and the losties are getting in the way of something very important that they're doing?

You can't believe Fenry though, he lied to Locke that he didn't push the button during the Lockdown.
Cus we all know he did. Or else all magnetic hell would have broken loose like the finale.

This is the topic that we should answer..... Anyway my thought about this is that the cast feel they doing something really good with them selves or with other cast in that island.  They feel it is important because they felt they done good!   Well any other thoughts?

The themeofthe showis oe abot perpsective I think this applies here, to Fenry tye may be the goodguys but some of their actions by is the viewers seem questionable, but what are they really up against that is worse than  what they have done to our people?

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 05:01:04 AM »

This is the topic that we should answer..... Anyway my thought about this is that the cast feel they doing something really good with them selves or with other cast in that island.  They feel it is important because they felt they done good!   Well any other thoughts?

The themeofthe showis oe abot perpsective I think this applies here, to Fenry tye may be the goodguys but some of their actions by is the viewers seem questionable, but what are they really up against that is worse than  what they have done to our people?

As always, GJ makes a salient point: "It's all a matter of perspective."  Having said that--I'll say this for the million and oneth time:  If TheOthers think they're the good people, how bad are TheOtherOthers?  They must be serious bada$$es.

cheers
and love ya doll
*Des8

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 07:07:41 PM »
I agree with you Des, BUT there's a possibility IF the OTHERS are bad, then the OtherOthers may be good.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 02:38:02 AM »
I agree with you Des, BUT there's a possibility IF the OTHERS are bad, then the OtherOthers may be good.

You are just simple out of your hobbitloving mind JB 

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 02:53:57 PM »

This made me laugh - I have a hobbitloving mind too ;D

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 03:11:10 PM »
me too :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2006, 06:34:13 PM »

Very true.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 11:58:24 AM »

This made me laugh - I have a hobbitloving mind too ;D
I'm a hobbit... ;) Does that mean two people have a JB lovin' mind? ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP