Author Topic: "The Other's" Boat  (Read 3647 times)

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
"The Other's" Boat
« on: May 26, 2006, 07:06:12 PM »
I know this episode forum may not be the best place to post it but i need to hear some thoughts on this. The Other's have a boat, which in it's self brings up enough questions (How did they get it? Is it how they arrived on the island? etc.) but what I'm wondering is: where are they getting the fuel to run it? My first thought was that there is another hatch near the dock with necessities for the boat, but I'd love to hear some other theories!

Offline eYeBall

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: "The Other's" Boat
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:32:27 PM »
My thinking is that the others have  resources based on the fact that the others are pretending and according to the "lockdown" map there is some sort of maufacturing area with light industrial equipment on the island.  I think the others might have a station that is well equiped and more boats and gasoline. 

?

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:38:00 PM »
Nice idea. I just had another theory. The Black Rock, would it have something they could use for fuel? Or is it too old?

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:42:41 PM »
Because of their costumes and because of some of the stuff seen in Claire's flashback to when she was abducted, I don't think the others are wanting for anything. They were completely set up with a baby's nursery, among other medical equipment and such. I think they have everything they need tucked away somewhere.
And plus, if they only had 1 boat, why give it to Michael? I'm sure they have other boats.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 07:50:08 PM »
I know this episode forum may not be the best place to post it but i need to hear some thoughts on this. The Other's have a boat, which in it's self brings up enough questions (How did they get it? Is it how they arrived on the island? etc.) but what I'm wondering is: where are they getting the fuel to run it? My first thought was that there is another hatch near the dock with necessities for the boat, but I'd love to hear some other theories!

we've seen that dharma has an uncanny ability to get things in an unconventional manner... food, boat, computers, brand new washing machines... gas doesn't seem to be too out of the question... direct tanker or airdrop seem to be likely explanations

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 12:38:09 AM »
We know that delivaries are made to the island (food drops) and they have a large dock that could handle shipments by sea. They have all that they need.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 04:55:39 PM »
In the movie 'The Beach', when they are on the beach it seems as though they are miles and milesaaway from civilization when in fact they are a quick rowboat trip away. The others have their costumes. Why in the hell would the others have costumes? If the losties werent there, there would be no reason for them to have costumes. I think that they have quick access to civilization where they can refuel the boat, pick up things for nurseries as well as costumes. The costumes also give the appeal to the losties that these others have been here for ages.

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 08:36:03 PM »
i definetly don't think the others have a easy access to things they want from the mainland but dharma / widmore has easy access to the island by means of an air drop im not 100% sure that the others and dharma are in league with each other i think its more likely that they are separate entities and the others have been stealing the dharma supplies or have there own means

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 11:15:32 PM »
Pala ferry takes them to their dorms. Most likely on another island. easy access.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 02:56:45 AM »
Orientation film in the pearl said they had a ferry to take them to the barracks two people need a ferry? Since Michael go the boat  it's obvious they have other boats and the barracks are in under water hatch ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 02:28:10 PM »
They have to have other boats. Barracks on another island.

The clones are in the underwater hatch. ;)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 02:30:46 PM »
How do you get around these boards so fast?No clones allowed in my underwater hatch. >:(

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 02:34:08 PM »
NO CLONES ANYWHERE!!!!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 02:38:14 PM »
No refuse to allow them  IF one ever appears I'm outta of Lost.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 02:48:08 PM »
Deal. I will stop immediately.