Author Topic: Dynamite/Blast Doors  (Read 1761 times)

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Dynamite/Blast Doors
« on: May 26, 2006, 05:38:45 PM »
Look, I know this is a really stupid question and maybe it's bluntly obvious, but how did Desmond know that the blast doors would withstand the explosion when Eko set the charge? Has he has experience with this or is it just simpley because "They're Blast Doors"? I just wanted to see what some other people thought of that, so please reply.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 06:10:24 PM by sam_i_am »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamite/Blast Doors
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 03:07:51 AM »
Sorry for the sarcasim but they were blast doors.

Offline abaymomma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 03:11:11 AM »
I thought it was strange that as he was telling Locke that the blast doors could withstand the well, blast, there was the flashback to him simulating a lockdown and the doors crunching that metal cart. How is that supposed to prove to us, the viewers that the doors can indeed withstand a blast?  Maybe the flashback was just randomly placed there.  It did prove that they were strong enough to bend metal....

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 01:18:20 AM »
The balst doors held up not the cart. There is a reason theya re called balst doors.Michalewas first one to spotthemway backearly inseason two liewhy owuld you need blast doors?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 01:30:28 AM »
as always my wise friend got here first

the doors are like what 8 9 inches thick and made to withstand explosions
hmmmmmm

sorry if that offended anyone

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 01:33:43 AM »
And as isaid somehwere here on one of these threads underneath the hatch Sayid said it was builtlieCherboynl,not direct quote.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 01:39:02 AM »
exactly like we were saying in a different thread

hate to do it but some times it is just silly

but don't stop posting your ideas sam_i_am

i don't want to shut down anyones input

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 03:41:44 AM »
YepDemra been repatig  alottonight ,bottom line that's why they are called balst doors.iagree keepup  the ideas and the postings sam-i-am

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 08:47:48 AM »
I thought it was strange that as he was telling Locke that the blast doors could withstand the well, blast, there was the flashback to him simulating a lockdown and the doors crunching that metal cart. How is that supposed to prove to us, the viewers that the doors can indeed withstand a blast?  Maybe the flashback was just randomly placed there.  It did prove that they were strong enough to bend metal....

I think the backflash was to show people how he learned to close the doors and simulate a lockdown. (and to asnswer some of the map questions.)... Also maybe I am just making things up now because it has been some time... but does it seem like Desmond has that dreamy posed in thought look more than most of the other people with backflashes?