Author Topic: "...when Walt joined us."  (Read 5938 times)

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: "...when Walt joined us."
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 04:27:19 PM »
There's been some great conversation on this one. There has been argument over whats Fhenry meant by bargained for etc...We all say that maybe the others got more from Walt than they had anticipated. What did they want from him? He said that they make him take tests. The Mrs. 'Clue' (whats with that last name)..Perhaps the clue was in her question to michael abotu walt appearing in places that he wasnt supposed to be. Are these others still conducting experiements? Are they still learning? Are they acting on any of this learning?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
I guess it all goes back to Point of View.   Hopefully we will find out next season.

I still think that the creators of the show realized that Walt's very noticeable growth spurt and maturing of his facial features made it next to impossible to feature him as much as they originally planned, so they diminished his role and importance on the show and had the Others give him back to Michael and say "thanks, we're done with him" lol. Now the focus is not on Walt being captured, but on Jack, Kate and Sawyer being captured.

he's gonna be a gruff little man before long

Seriously lol! I think in the pilot episode Walt only comes up to like Michael's chest. Now he comes up to Michael's shoulder or chin. He had a growth spurt like nobody's business.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 04:45:02 PM »
Be creative and write it into the script. 60 odd days eaing mangos = 1 foot growth

Offline Cinsin

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 04:48:36 PM »
I think he became very dificult to handle. Plus he could appear to shannon and sayid and send messages. That couldn't of gone over well.

Why do you think Walt was speaking backwards when he appeared to Shannon and Sayid (not to mention he was wet, but I think that's another discussion!)?  He was using his "powers", but they aren't quite honed properly?  The Others were scrambling his message?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 04:51:44 PM »
I think he became very dificult to handle. Plus he could appear to shannon and sayid and send messages. That couldn't of gone over well.

Why do you think Walt was speaking backwards when he appeared to Shannon and Sayid (not to mention he was wet, but I think that's another discussion!)?  He was using his "powers", but they aren't quite honed properly?  The Others were scrambling his message?

Not sure...but when he said "Paul is dead" it freaked me out.  :P

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 04:57:52 PM »
There is another post where they unscrambled walt's backwards talk. He said something like push the button..the button is good or dont push the button....no button is good

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 08:11:46 PM »

Not sure...but when he said "Paul is dead" it freaked me out.  :P

LOL that's a good one... maybe the others eat "beatles"

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 11:16:45 PM »
He was still working on his skills. He hit the reverse button in his brain.

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 11:19:15 PM »
He was still working on his skills. He hit the reverse button in his brain.

Maybe if he keeps pushing that button he'll grow smaller (and get his contract renewed!).

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006, 11:21:03 PM »
All with practice.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2006, 02:49:45 AM »

I'mnot sure if it's on this site or another but there is a translation of what Walt was saying and it was backwards.Check investigations. Henry said we got more than we bargained for wit a big grin on his face.