Author Topic: The Great Leg with 4 toes  (Read 35592 times)

Offline Warren

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Leg with 4 toes
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »
I really can't belive that they would have taken the time to 1) make a statue with only 4 toes.  2) point it out so blatently, even if only for a few minutes.  and 3) not have a plan to include it somewhere in the future.

The official podcasts don't always tell us everything.

Offline andersinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 02:53:35 PM »
Ill have another listen a bit later but if i remember rightly they flatly say, its not important

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 07:23:13 PM »
No the producers said they wee going to explore more about the archaeology adn who was o the island beforeDharma.This opens up a whole new world of possibilites.I'm working on one now but will take awhile to post it.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 07:52:24 PM »

The statue mos likely predates the Black Rock, so we have a lot of timeline to fill. 

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 08:14:07 PM »
Yes a lot of time  :) :)and still need to know how a Nigerian slave ship ended up on the island(Nigerian beehcraft too by a hundred years later).

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 03:06:14 AM »
The mysteries of the island are not all related to dharma. There is history there before those guys turned it into craphole island. The rectangle rock structure and 4 toe leg are from earlier inhabatints on the island

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 09:17:42 AM »
I really can't belive that they would have taken the time to 1) make a statue with only 4 toes.  2) point it out so blatently, even if only for a few minutes.  and 3) not have a plan to include it somewhere in the future.

^^  I agree with this.  Also, I did listen to the podcast, and I got the impression from listening to it that it DID have meaning to the story (I don't recall them saying anything about it not being important).  What they were trying to communicate was pretty much what jugdish was saying... that there are ancient secrets to the island that predate DHARMA.  Much as Adam & Eve and the Black Rock seem to suggest.  Damon & Carlton were just doing it in their usual glib way of joking around, but I agree that they did this for a very intentional reason they will get into in later seasons.  They said in the podcast that they only had 17 days to shoot everything, including build and film the big foot sequence and ALL the other scenes, so I dont think they would have taken this much time out of their schedules over something totally insignificant.  And yes, the fact that Sayid has specific dialogue about the foot ("I don't know what's more disquieting...") also puts an exclamation point on the fact that they wanted us to notice this element.

Offline reminQo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 09:41:08 AM »
if somebody thinks that the statue "doesnt realy mean anything" ...

Offline reminQo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 09:42:46 AM »
how can you explain these pictures from the movie?

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 11:01:15 AM »
if somebody thinks that the statue "doesnt realy mean anything" ...

If those are real, and not shopped, that is Wilde!

Offline Warren

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 12:46:39 PM »
I watched all of the sequences with the "others" in slow motion looking for 4 toes on the "others", and never could find those shots.

Offline reminQo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 01:48:08 PM »
well, i watched those sequencies too, and im not sure, not everybody's got 4 toes, for example "HG" and Bea hasn't, but few of them relay look like they HAVE only 4 toes

Offline reminQo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 01:49:37 PM »
ooops, sry for the grammar  ;D

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 01:57:09 PM »
If the others have only four toes I can't wait to hear what Sawyer will come up with as a nick name for them LOL

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 02:16:57 PM »
Touche Demra. I rwatched it ast night did pause on my VCR a bunch of tiems i didn'tsee four toes on them.On another thread someone has photos of a couple of them with for toes.I didn't see it.