Author Topic: The Great Leg with 4 toes  (Read 33189 times)

Offline reminQo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
The Great Leg with 4 toes
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:50:21 PM »
What do you think about it, i mean , i thought that all the story is just about science or perhaps something supernatural (blach smoke), but it seems like a part of a big colossus....like was on Rhodos, do you have any idea ...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 12:55:01 PM by PandoraX »

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Leg with 4 toes
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:57:51 PM »
Hi reminQo!  Welcome to SWLS.  I think it's a good topic, one I'm curious about, at any rate, but hope you don't mind, I changed the title to "4 toes" so people don't get confused.

Check the Investigations section, also, because sledge and I found a good reference to an old Peacock novel about a statue with 4 toes.  I don't know if its an allusion to that.

I agree that it makes you think the Colossus of Rhodes.  Other random imagery it brings up, include Atlantis and even Planet of the Apes.  I personally think they are trying to suggest an ancient civilization which had evolved to be a little different from modern humans.  But you could go a million different ways on it.  I think it was one of the most striking scenes in the finale, now that we're introduced to another island mystery.

Offline Warren

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 01:04:56 PM »
I was so intrigued by that one little scene.  Part of a statue with only 4 toes.  I immediately thought "Atlantis", but the island is in the South Pacific, far away from any Atlantis mythology at all. 

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 06:09:04 PM »
Does anyone think this statue has anything to do with "Adam & Eve"? An as far as the four toes go, my guess is that "4" is one of "the numbers".

Offline Jason001

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 06:19:17 PM »
"lemuria "  it says something ???? search with google...

If not mistake "lemurians"  they had four toes...

Offline FallenAngel

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:36:20 PM »
I immediately thought "Atlantis", but the island is in the South Pacific, far away from any Atlantis mythology at all. 
Same thing came to my mind.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 06:39:26 PM »
Wow Jason... that Lemuria link is fascinating.  I googled it and found some very interesting connections as well, it's like the Pacific counterpart to Atlantis.  I didn't read anything about 4 toes, though... just rumors of 3 toed horses. 

Nice find!

Offline Jason001

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 07:43:32 PM »
 ;D

digit on your keyboard

alt + 4815162342  =   µ   <--- Mu (uppercase Μ, lowercase μ) is the 12th letter of the Greek alphabet

Mu is the name of a supposed ancient advanced civilization that existed 78,000 years ago in the Southern Pacific. It lasted many thousands of years and eventually was sunk by large earthquakes. They were, of course, well advanced beyond our current civilization and may well have been populated by aliens. Written about at length by James Churchward in his series of five books written in the 1920's and 30's.
Sometimes considered to be the same as Lemuria.

BIG coincidence or...  :o :o
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 07:47:21 PM by Jason001 »

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 07:50:04 PM »
Was anyone else reminded of the end of the Planet of the Apes when they saw the foot?

Offline Mr Aragorn86

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 06:52:44 AM »
;D

digit on your keyboard

alt + 4815162342  =   µ   <--- Mu (uppercase Μ, lowercase μ) is the 12th letter of the Greek alphabet

BIG coincidence or...  :o :o

Nice find dude  ;)

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 08:50:05 AM »
LOL, Jason, are you replying to yourself now??  I don't think you needed to be the one to pat yourself on the back... cuz I would have done it for you.  NICE FIND!  :)

But where do you get the alt + 4815162342  =   µ  stuff?  Is that the full code for the greek letter in ASCII or something?  (not that I know a lot about ASCII)

Just curious... if that's a real tie-in, then thats HUGE.

Offline Johanna

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 12:47:47 PM »
About the whole Lemuria-thing..I found a link about that:http://www.crystalinks.com/lemuria.html
And I don´t know much about symbols and stuff. But I just thought that one of the images were a little bit similar to Hanso Foundation..only upside down or something.

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 12:56:49 PM »
Wow, that's a great find. It looks just like the Hanso symbol. But I really can't see this leuminara thing tieing in. Does any one else have more info on these guys? Maybe something to do with Adam & Eve or the black and white stones or something (I've been waiting for some info on those stones and  it's like they've just forgotten about them...)

Offline Jonny_BB

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 01:01:44 PM »

Actually, anything followed by 15162342 = µ in Windows alt codes.  µ is also representative of magnetic permeability, apparently.  I like this find though, good one!

Offline andersinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2006, 01:23:47 PM »
According to the ABC podcast, the statue doesnt rele mean anything.