Author Topic: "the look"  (Read 29831 times)

Offline Cinsin

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: "the look"
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 06:27:21 PM »
I also don't think that it was Sayid that sent up the black smoke I think that it was a signal for the others to make there move on the 5  
Sayid was supposed top signal when he wasin position to help the 5
after finding the camp abandoned why would he signal that he was ready to help in the attack ?

This has been bothering me, too.  I just don't think Sayid would have sent the smoke, as his mission was not accomplished. Could it have been the smoke from Mr. Eko's dynamite? All I know is that when I saw the smoke I kept yelling at the TV (as I often do) "That's not the right smoke!!"

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 06:40:41 PM »

This has been bothering me, too.  I just don't think Sayid would have sent the smoke, as his mission was not accomplished. Could it have been the smoke from Mr. Eko's dynamite? All I know is that when I saw the smoke I kept yelling at the TV (as I often do) "That's not the right smoke!!"

ROFPMSL

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 06:49:58 PM »
I also don't think that it was Sayid that sent up the black smoke I think that it was a signal for the others to make there move on the 5  
Sayid was supposed top signal when he wasin position to help the 5
after finding the camp abandoned why would he signal that he was ready to help in the attack ?

either that, or there is a whole brand new "medicinal plant" that a lot of people like to use in groups...

those dharma dudes were hippies, weren't they?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 06:54:17 PM »
When you burn these leaves they produce a black smoke and a great buzz

LOL

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 06:57:51 PM »

LOL

might be purple after a while

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 08:12:53 PM »
I agree Demra , why would he light it? He said he would light it when he was in position unless he lit before he climbed up and saw the camp empty.Ourguysneed soemcluetheywere nowhere near the ocean so it could have been his which led to the big confrontation with Michael and being captured.

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »

LOL

might be purple after a while

That would be great!

I have to say I was somewhat confused when Jack pointed out the smoke, I guess because we don't know which way they were going so we weren't to expect that Michael was taking them the wrong way (or did I miss something there?). Also, I thought Michael was taking them to where that camp was - how did he know the way to the other place? Do we know how far the pier was from the fake camp?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 08:33:56 PM »
These threads have gotta getbetter organzied I just posted on some thread about the smoke.I can't tell you PLP where it was but a whole bunch of theories going on in there about Sayid and the smoke.

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 08:45:02 PM »
OK, I'll go and have a look, I hadn't seen that one.

Before I depart to another thread, I'm blinking at you very slowly so you can reeeeeally notice it and read my mind! LOL

Michelle13

The look of Jack and Kate
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2006, 07:00:06 AM »
I was just curious. The look and nod between Jack and Kate...what was that all about? As a female and someone who loves Jack, I first assumed it was something romantic/heroic...but now I'm not sure. Maybe a theory out there?

Offline spyhunter

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: The look of Jack and Kate
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 08:57:30 AM »
Maybe it was just to say don't worry the cavalry, Sayid, is coming.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 11:52:22 AM »
Hi Michelle & spyhunter... just merging this with a previous thread we had (which drifted down from disuse), called "the look"...about the same subject.  Please continue discussing it if you wish here.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 04:17:56 PM »
WHen they saw the smoke, Jack yells at Micheal that he is not taking them where they need to be. Michael lies at first and then says they made me do it. So I am assuming that the smoke is coming from the area that sayid was, by sayid and Michael took them somewhere else. Sayid was in position just no one else was there. He does the smoke to identify where he was.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2006, 10:13:06 PM »
WHen they saw the smoke, Jack yells at Micheal that he is not taking them where they need to be. Michael lies at first and then says they made me do it. So I am assuming that the smoke is coming from the area that sayid was, by sayid and Michael took them somewhere else. Sayid was in position just no one else was there. He does the smoke to identify where he was.
Exactly Jugdish thank you.

Offline JackSaw

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 10:44:46 PM »
I agree that "the look" was suggesting they have something up their sleeves.....surely they do the Sayid plan was so lame as soon as he said it I'm going what kind of a lame ass plan is that and the way Jack just bought right into it was so weird there has got to be something else going on none of them are that dumb they all suddenly seemed so gullible & naive I can only imagine it was for Michaels benefit & there is a double cross in the works.....speaking of Michael & looks I also thought his last look seemed to be hiding something It's hard for me to believe he's just going to sell everyone out & abandon them.....I hope the look means he has something up his sleeve too.  Although he was never my favorite character this about face seems too much...I can't imagine he won't try to redeem himself somehow.......We'll see