Author Topic: "the look"  (Read 25944 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: "the look"
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 02:46:23 AM »
Since no true romance has even started that look would be really pushing for a I love you. I was either reassurance or execute the plan.

Hey ChrisB!

Offline Yaggleberry Finn

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »
I could go with the look being more along the lines of Kate's just really scared and is telling Jack that he's her rock or something like that.

But I can't see how it would be feasible for them to have a Plan B.  Up until they got to the pile of canisters, they thought Plan A was working out great.  They thought Michael was leading them to the beach, and it wasn't until they saw Sayid's smoke that they realized Michael was leading them somewhere entirely different.  At that point they knew Sayid was miles away and wouldn't be able to help them out.  That's when a Plan B could've been devised, except that they promptly began to run for their lives, which could hardly be viewed as things "going as planned".

I don't think Sayid will be coming to the rescue, I don't think he has any idea where Jack, Kate and Sawyer are.  But I also don't think Sayid will want to sit back and do nothing, even if Hurley tells him to.

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 01:47:36 PM »
I think we missed a whole chunk right after Michael confessed to killing Ana-Lucia and Libby and it might be revealed in a flashback in season 3, perhaps in an overlap, much like we have seen in this episode with Locke and Desmond.

I think Jack would have said something along the lines of: "lets do what we've got to do, even let them think they've captured us in order to see this thing through and perhaps find out more about these animals (oh, and get Walt back)". They knew they were being followed and pretty much everything was out in the open between them. The fact that Michael was leading them to the wrong location isn't really relevant because they could still follow it through whether they were caught there or at the beach.

I wish it was a look of love but everything points to it being some sort of signal IMHO.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 02:14:22 PM »
a_dot_out   I too rewathced it last night.Jack looks at kate, she then very vey slowly closes her eyes as if to say yes I understand.Sawyer is looking at them and watching, stilll not sure if he in on on what they are eye communicating or just observing, .But Kate closing her eyes was a big clue to whatever Jack was trying to communciate to her.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 02:18:17 PM »
I agree with PLP, I think tht there was more said after they confronted Mike and that the look was a signal that everything will be ok  just stick to the plan
I don't see how everyone is getting the idea that Sayid is anywhere near the dock ( Icould be wrong) he was on the boat with Jin and Sun and they all looked relaxed ( not like they were getting ready for a fight )
I also don't think that it was Sayid that sent up the black smoke I think that it was a signal for the others to make there move on the 5  
Sayid was supposed top signal when he wasin position to help the 5
after finding the camp abandoned why would he signal that he was ready to help in the attack ?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 02:23:48 PM »
Sayid was inded on the boat paused my VCR tape on him last night.Jack was told by Sayid not to let them know anything about Michael. But as the producers say on podcast a lot of dialouge was cut from the scene in their reaction to finding out Michael had set them up and killed Ana Lucia and Libby.Maybe then they made their plan.One thing I noticed in rewatching it is how slow and deliberate kate closing her eyes was..Sawyer watches her do it, but to me looks puzzled or angry, the anger could be like okay let's get these guys.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 02:32:35 PM »
I think so to it really looked to me like Sawyer was puzzled by the exchange

he has been left out of the loop before  8)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 02:40:04 PM »
But he does join in really fast once he knows about the loops or joins in when it fits him to do so :)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 02:47:09 PM »
oh ya if the plan is to kick some OTHER butt then Sawyr will be all over it
LOL

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »
Got that right jack goes into angry mode watch out and we know kate can kick butt,.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 03:13:27 PM »
I agree with PLP, I think tht there was more said after they confronted Mike and that the look was a signal that everything will be ok  just stick to the plan
I don't see how everyone is getting the idea that Sayid is anywhere near the dock ( Icould be wrong) he was on the boat with Jin and Sun and they all looked relaxed ( not like they were getting ready for a fight )
I also don't think that it was Sayid that sent up the black smoke I think that it was a signal for the others to make there move on the 5  
after finding the camp abandoned why would he signal that he was ready to help in the attack ?

It woudln't be the first time we were not privy to a conversation that later unravels out confusion.

The signal was to say he was ready and in position, in this case ready and is position and the Camp in empty.   He want to make sure he talks to Jack so the smoke is to say I am here come talk to me.

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 03:19:29 PM »
Just to play the Devil's advocate.....didn't TPTB say the "Him" would be identified by a blink and a nod?  Not only did Kate blink slowly, it looks like they ran the film slow.........Could Jack be Him????????

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 03:21:59 PM »

It woudln't be the first time we were not privy to a conversation that later unravels out confusion.

The signal was to say he was ready and in position, in this case ready and is position and the Camp in empty.   He want to make sure he talks to Jack so the smoke is to say I am here come talk to me.
I agree tha the smoke could be from Sayid saying just what you believe but for now i am sticking with the thought that it was from the others letting them know they had a green light to grab the 5

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 03:23:13 PM »
Just to play the Devil's advocate.....didn't TPTB say the "Him" would be identified by a blink and a nod?  Not only did Kate blink slowly, it looks like they ran the film slow.........Could Jack be Him????????

Out on a limb here but there is No Way that Jack is Him
IMHO  :)

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 05:57:56 PM »

Out on a limb here but there is No Way that Jack is Him
IMHO  :)

hehehe... unless they try turning HIM into some sort of hero like character...

Neo... I mean Jack is The One... I mean him...