Author Topic: The Other's Hatch?  (Read 14636 times)

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The Other's Hatch?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 06:08:18 PM »
Right it will be interesting as they reveal what is in all of the other hatches...

Offline ChrisB4290

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 06:22:29 PM »
Under water hatch... very cool. But if the blast door map was right. They're are 6 hatches not counting the one found by Eko and Locke in "?".

The one that Ecko and John found is the ' ? ' in the center.

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 10:11:10 PM »
Right it will be interesting as they reveal what is in all of the other hatches...
That's not what I meant Phsyco. What I meant was that no underwater hatch appears on the blast door map.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 12:18:57 AM »
but we still all believe in the underwater hatch. It must be out there!

Offline ragedBR

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 11:29:50 AM »
where does the underwater hatch theory come from?
based on hints or facts or just simple guessing?

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 12:24:39 PM »
 i think it's just a wild guess. I don't buy this "underwater" thing. Lost has done some pretty weird things but that seems ridiculous.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 08:41:39 PM »
There is a forum thread all about the under waterhatch and all the theories why we believe it exists.For one on map blast door the word Pearl iswritten out by ocean yet it was the hatch under the question mark.Visit the thread on under water hatch it exists.!!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 02:57:39 AM »
Also the big chord going into the water to the Underwater hatch perhaps

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 02:54:50 PM »
It's in theories spoilers and discussion may have to go back a few pages to find it,it's called underwater hatch.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 04:17:34 PM »
In another post, it was mentioned that the map shows where people can leave and come back from within 108 minutes. The theory of interconnecting tunnels make this much more plausible.  Therefore, if the others are all-knowing and as smart as they seem to be, I doubt highly that they would leave a map to themselves for their new neighbors to find. I believe that they are at-least outside of this maps borders

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 10:57:06 AM »
I just rewatched the episode, the hatch doors in the fake Others camp, although it seemed to be a door to nothing, look around the edges where the doors are connected to the rock...Its smoothed out almost like concrete. Theres is no reason for them to dig out a big chunk of the moutain, smooth and concrete a door frame just to stickl fake doors on it.. anyone else catch this?

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 03:40:14 PM »
I just rewatched the episode, the hatch doors in the fake Others camp, although it seemed to be a door to nothing, look around the edges where the doors are connected to the rock...Its smoothed out almost like concrete. Theres is no reason for them to dig out a big chunk of the moutain, smooth and concrete a door frame just to stickl fake doors on it.. anyone else catch this?

I didn't see what you mean, but I would imagine you need to mount the heavy doors somehow,no?

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 03:43:16 PM »
yeah you would have to mount them, but I just dont see the reason to hollow out a mountain and concrete some walls just to fake a village to Michael..When Claire was abducted, it seemed as though they were all in the medical station, they abandoned that. So either, there is another hatch with doors missing or that mountain is somehow still a hatch with some secret entrance

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 04:14:07 PM »
Think passages amongst stations were walled off at some point.  I seem to recall that at least twice a blocked section was referenced at some point.

I'm not so sure that's an '8' on the primitive camp station door.  The first thing I thought about when I saw this episode was that in certain of the website 'games' that come about as part of The Lost Experience through the fake commercials, some of the cyphers don't work out unless you substitute a G for an S or vice-versa.

It's a stretch, but the icon could be one of those letters:
http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=1075&pos=386

Offline toomuchrock

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2006, 11:25:25 PM »
They are not hillbillies

We know this because of the episode involving clair and the baby in the hatch with the doctors.

I am convinced that these people are all researchers, working in shifts, who live off the island, either in an underwater hatch or somewhere nearby.

The village is just a front to make the losties think that they are hillbillies.