Author Topic: The canisters and the notebooks...  (Read 14584 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: The canisters and the notebooks...
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2006, 02:31:14 PM »
Lock(e) this thread up. GJ is in charge.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2006, 08:11:41 PM »
It looked like years worth atleast. Season three will hopefully clue us in on pre-crash happenings.
and to think they did it all for nothing!

i think the people in the pearl found that pile of cannisters and knew they had just wasted years doing it so they abandoned that hatch.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2006, 04:53:55 PM »
HAHAHA!!  That's a great point, Amazon.  I'm guessing there is a writer oversight on this one and not that it is a clue, but a great point nonetheless...

Actually, the tube Jack picked up had Locke's Lockdown map on it; this was to let us know that not all of the books or observations that were there were old.  It was current.  It was a big tube to nowhere.

cheers
*Des8

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2006, 05:14:38 PM »
dharma is just plain useless now

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 05:51:24 PM »
Yes, but someone else, or something else is in control now... but who or what...

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 06:11:27 PM »
We will probably find out next season.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2006, 01:19:51 PM »
HAHAHA!!  That's a great point, Amazon.  I'm guessing there is a writer oversight on this one and not that it is a clue, but a great point nonetheless...

Actually, the tube Jack picked up had Locke's Lockdown map on it; this was to let us know that not all of the books or observations that were there were old.  It was current.  It was a big tube to nowhere.

cheers
*Des8
Actually Des it was Sawyer who picked it up and it was loose and not in a tube. Just proves the tube system still works but not still in use?

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »

cheers
*Des8
Actually Des it was Sawyer who picked it up and it was loose and not in a tube. Just proves the tube system still works but not still in use?

GJ exactly.  I remember when Locke first put the copy of the map into the vacuum system and sent it up I thought "ut oh....now someone's going to know he's not only there, but that he's got a map of the hatch system," but in LTDA I realized that scene was to let us know the vacuum system works, is operational, that the huge pile of tubes is relatively current, and came from the Pearl.  It was a pretty effective way to establish all of those points with just one scene--clever writing.

cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2006, 07:36:38 PM »

cheers
*Des8

GJ exactly.  I remember when Locke first put the copy of the map into the vacuum system and sent it up I thought "ut oh....now someone's going to know he's not only there, but that he's got a map of the hatch system," but in LTDA I realized that scene was to let us know the vacuum system works, is operational, that the huge pile of tubes is relatively current, and came from the Pearl.  It was a pretty effective way to establish all of those points with just one scene--clever writing.

cheers
*Des8
Exactly dear friend.