Author Topic: Going where Lost has never gone before..  (Read 13383 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Going where Lost has never gone before..
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 02:35:55 PM »
It was fun to post the whole theroy with the  tie in with the game.If you read it you would see the proudcers have obvioulsy read Kirscher's works from the 17th century. No science fact does not have them inside the earth (Actual posting in spoilers theories)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »
I don't go in spoiler threads. I don't want any of the anticipation ruined when watching the show.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 07:29:55 PM »
You could still have posted somehting in there ;D ;D

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Going where Lost has never gone better...
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 07:50:40 PM »
I agree that this last scene is a HUGE indicator of what is to come.  Here are my thoughts...
1) it puts to rest the whole 'time travel/twilight zone' theory
2) it links the island to current day (as in Nov 2004 - 60+ days after the crash.)
3) How does Penny know what to look for?  Is her dad involved in the Dharma project?

I think it was very important to show the connection to what we call the 'real world' compared to the 'island world' and will make for continued story lines in the next few seasons.

Hurley:
Actually, the writers have indicated that time on the Island is not the outside world's "real time" so time speculation is exactly that--speculation.

I believe the writers have shown us the "outside world" so as to later compare it to "Island time".... the very mention by the writers that Island time is in question should be an indication that it's not exactly the time we think it is.

For example, they're going to explain why Walt is so big in S3, as opposed to being 10 for the first 3 mos on the Island.  The indication being that which I posted above.

It'll be freaky to see what the explanation is, but I do not believe Island time is the same as outside world real time.

cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 03:51:23 PM »
I agree that this last scene is a HUGE indicator of what is to come.  Here are my thoughts...
1) it puts to rest the whole 'time travel/twilight zone' theory
2) it links the island to current day (as in Nov 2004 - 60+ days after the crash.)
3) How does Penny know what to look for?  Is her dad involved in the Dharma project?

I think it was very important to show the connection to what we call the 'real world' compared to the 'island world' and will make for continued story lines in the next few seasons.

Hurley:
Actually, the writers have indicated that time on the Island is not the outside world's "real time" so time speculation is exactly that--speculation.

I believe the writers have shown us the "outside world" so as to later compare it to "Island time".... the very mention by the writers that Island time is in question should be an indication that it's not exactly the time we think it is.

For example, they're going to explain why Walt is so big in S3, as opposed to being 10 for the first 3 mos on the Island.  The indication being that which I posted above.

It'll be freaky to see what the explanation is, but I do not believe Island time is the same as outside world real time.

cheers
*Des8

I agree with Des but Des as in season 2 you amy want to go back and use spoiler tags on why we agree

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 07:05:55 PM »
Why use a spoiler tag?  There's no spoiler here.  It's obvious that Walt is no longer 4 feet tall--and we've already seen that in Season 2.  Now they're going to have to explain why Walt is taller and had a growth spurt even in Season 2.

If I'd have said "I heard that Walt will be played by a different character," that'd be one thing, but there's no spoiler here.  If there was, I'd have put it in the spoiler section, silly!

*Des8

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 01:12:29 PM »
I don't think it is a spoiler, because I don't think it is true.  When the producer say island time is not the same as "real time" they mean our real time, not the shows outside world real time.  The fact that the date of the crash was on the print out was the same day as the actually crash is some proof of that.  I think Walt's taller growth will never be explained.  It was just ignored last season and we won't see Walt again on the show, I believe.  That's why the sent them off...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 01:15:08 PM by HansoJr »

misspensinger

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 03:23:35 PM »
Walt is signed for Season 3.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 03:29:46 PM »
Well, then they'll explain it with growth hormones and steroids or something.  I still don't think it'll be a time issue...

Offline beckhamfan

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 03:55:34 PM »
i don't think they will need to explain it. i mean we all know why he grew so fast isn't that good enough?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 08:26:57 PM »
I don't think it is a spoiler, because I don't think it is true.  When the producer say island time is not the same as "real time" they mean our real time, not the shows outside world real time.  The fact that the date of the crash was on the print out was the same day as the actually crash is some proof of that.  I think Walt's taller growth will never be explained.  It was just ignored last season and we won't see Walt again on the show, I believe.  That's why the sent them off...
The date on the printout might be the same because it is the time that the entered the island. Now that they are on the island, there time might be moving either faster or slower as that of the outside world.

Offline beckhamfan

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 09:51:14 PM »
maybe im still nto sure though.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 01:09:01 PM »
The date on the printout might be the same because it is the time that the entered the island. Now that they are on the island, there time might be moving either faster or slower as that of the outside world.
Exactly and walt will be back.

misspensinger

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 01:18:30 PM »
Juggy and GJ, I really don't see how that is possible or how they could explain that.  It is not a property of electromagnetism. 

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 01:23:14 PM »
Juggy and GJ, I really don't see how that is possible or how they could explain that.  It is not a property of electromagnetism. 
Producers said
Spoiler
time moves differently on island than in outside world