Author Topic: Going where Lost has never gone before..  (Read 12259 times)

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Going where Lost has never gone before..
« on: May 25, 2006, 04:53:56 PM »
I thought the most significant thing that happen in last night's episode was the last scene, which was NOT on the island and NOT a flashback.  That is the first time, since the first episode, a non-flashback scene occured off the island!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 05:33:14 PM by BurkRoyer »

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Going where Lost has never gone better...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 05:01:21 PM »
What a good point, Burk!  That scene was in real island-time, but remote geographically from it.  I can't think of another time that's happened on the show, can anyone else?

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 05:04:34 PM »
No. Puts a bunch of theories to rest methinks  :-\

Offline HurleyHawk

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 05:29:53 PM »
I agree that this last scene is a HUGE indicator of what is to come.  Here are my thoughts...
1) it puts to rest the whole 'time travel/twilight zone' theory
2) it links the island to current day (as in Nov 2004 - 60+ days after the crash.)
3) How does Penny know what to look for?  Is her dad involved in the Dharma project?

I think it was very important to show the connection to what we call the 'real world' compared to the 'island world' and will make for continued story lines in the next few seasons.

Offline LOSTgurl

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Going where Lost has never gone before..
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 06:12:41 PM »
And I guess my theory that the whole Island is made up in their own minds and/or that they are all dreaming... is out the window!!!  :o

Offline lwaves

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 06:18:10 PM »
I agree that it's nice to get a link to the off-island world.

To answer Hurley Hawk.
3) How does Penny know what to look for?  Is her dad involved in the Dharma project?

Desmond was on a round the world race. He wouldn't be the only one and when he didn't make it back people would look for him. Even if he was well of course they would have an idea of what route he originally would have taken.
Flight 815 crashed/disappeared. People would be looking for it and again they would have original flight plans.

So that puts Desmond and Flight 815 in an area of ocean (even if it's a very large area).
Now there is a chance the electromagnetic anomaly that presumably brought down 815 was detected in some way (maybe not pin pointed) by someone. Penny is obviously connected money-wise so probably has other connections. She then sets up the station to look for this anomaly.

Personally I think her father is involved in some way. I think she knows this. I think she's going against her father because he took Desmond away from her and didn't tell her about the letters (which she may know about now).
Maybe her father even caused Desmond to crash into the island to get rid of him (would be possible if he was involved with Dharma).

As a side note:
There are a few minor characters that have power and money.
Penny's father, Sun's father, Locke's father. All big business men, all have power, all try to manipulate people.
All involved with Dharma???

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 07:33:01 PM »
That could be the big connection. None of them a real pleased with their offspring either.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 03:08:09 PM »
one of the things that I find interesting is this twin theory. Even though I dont believe the bad twin theory we have Libby and Jack. Some people are saying that maybe libby had a twin. Now we have these portuguese guys in the middle of the arctic in what looks like a downed aircraft with a guy that looks exactly like Jack. Did the general population perhaps miss one of the biggest shockers in the show? That this portuguese guy is a twin of jack?

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 03:13:05 PM »

yes... it says the island actually exits on this earth in this time

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 03:54:09 PM »
i don't believe we missed anything. that guy was a one time character and is not important in the show.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 03:57:10 PM »
one of the things that I find interesting is this twin theory. Even though I dont believe the bad twin theory we have Libby and Jack. Some people are saying that maybe libby had a twin. Now we have these portuguese guys in the middle of the arctic in what looks like a downed aircraft with a guy that looks exactly like Jack. Did the general population perhaps miss one of the biggest shockers in the show? That this portuguese guy is a twin of jack?

i've heard that portugese is brazilian here, and if it was really the twin of jack the proddies would have saved some money by just having matt fox play dual roles like so many others before

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 04:03:10 PM »
yeah, you guys are right. Its just funny that they decided to use someone that was so similar in appearance.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 04:06:35 PM »
yeah, you guys are right. Its just funny that they decided to use someone that was so similar in appearance.
there really is no "right" though, we'll get answers by series finale, dont' worry

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 03:04:57 AM »

yes... it says the island actually exits on this earth in this time
on this earth or inside the earth?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 02:32:53 PM »
GJ Not a center of the earth theory. GJ you don't buy this stuff don't sell it.