Author Topic: "Follow a compass bearing 325, and you and your son will find rescue"  (Read 27047 times)

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
I'm starting to like the whole snowglobe theory. Except for one small thing: Desmond comes right out and says it. Granted, he meant it figuratively when he said it, but would the producers of this convoluted show give us the answer quite that obviously right in the middle of the show like that?

Otherwise, it's a great theory that accounts for the polar bears, the arctic guys, etc.

Also, however, why would Penny need guys to "find" it if it were a big obvious snowglobe? From the outside, you'd think it would be perfectly visible and Penny could easily find it (with prior assumptions that she knows more than we currently realize).

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Like I posted on another thread, maybe it is a "virtual snowglobe" created through the magnetic field that allows a tropical island in the Antarctic.  Now that the field is gone, Hurley is going to be the only one with insulation...  ;D

Offline Cinsin

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
The problem I have with Michael and Walt making a final escape is that the have the boat!  We know from last season's finale that the Others use that boat, so would they be so willing to watch it sail away?  I think the Others must be somewhat certain their vehicle will return.

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Very good point. If it's so hard to get back there, they have no way of getting more boats for their own usage. I know they have lots of advanced equipment of all sorts but I can't imagine them having a boat factory on the island! LOL

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Where are they getting all of the gasoline?

• View Profile
Where are they getting all of the gasoline?

Even better point! This show blows my mind!

Offline FallenAngel

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
My husband and I have kinda adopted the biosphere (similar to the Truman Show) theory we think the bearing point would lead Michael and Walt to the door out to the sphere. I think its a possiblity that its located in Artic (snow in the Challah). Since its a dome like the Truman Show its exterior would blend with the EArth/Sky. What do u y'all think?
Also the whole use inaccuarte compasses on the island makes me think of last weeks Lost Experiance site letyourcompassguideyou.com (consciencde?) I think not.

I thought about the Truman Show thing when I started watching it as well. But how would they get the plane in such a place is the question.

Offline greenskorpion

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
not only that, but now we know Walt is alive too. So what explains the sightings of Walt all wet and ghost-like in past episodes?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
If the losties are concerned about people getting away from the island wouldn't they be concerned about the sail boat they now have. I believe michael will not get away just like the sail boat will never get away.

• View Profile
I just watched the Truman show last night and couldn't help but see the similarities. Saying that, I'm not sure if I'm convinced either way. I'm not sure how I would feel if it turned out to be the case that this is a dome, it seems too simple. I'm going to reserve judgement for now and see how it goes...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Could 325 send them towards the barracks that the Pearl video said the Pella (sp) dock sent the workers at the end. Send Michael that way for capture and Jack and company believe they keep their word

Offline arnezami

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Some arguments here:

• Desmond spend weeks sailing into one direction and only then ended up on the same island (only then he saw land again). So this means that IF its all a virual snowglobe its very large.
  • The range of the boat Michael is in is much more limited than the sailing boat. Its very unlikely he is going to reach the edge of the "snowglobe" let alone the island again by going into 1 direction on one tank.
  • Since he probably won't reach this island again AND speculating the others won't simple give away the boat its most likely Michael (and Walt) will reach another closeby island. Or else they will starve to death.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 03:47:03 AM by arnezami »

Offline abaymomma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
I seriously don't know anything about sailing or even how to really read a map other than longitude and latitude, but I researched and found that compass bearing 325 means N 35 degrees W.  Now where in the world is that?  I know it depends on your point of view and starting point, but where could Michael be heading?  To Hawaii?  That would be funny...  Are there any sailors out there?

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
Could 325 send them towards the barracks that the Pearl video said the Pella (sp) dock sent the workers at the end. Send Michael that way for capture and Jack and company believe they keep their word

^^  Nice thought, I think (Pala by closed caption)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
I agree that Mike and Walt are not done being on the island evven if he gets out of the " inviso " barrier of the island there is no way he could make it to any land in that boat

I think that Fenry ment that he would find an inner rescue by ending up back at the losties camp
and having to come to terms with what he has done