Author Topic: "Follow a compass bearing 325, and you and your son will find rescue"  (Read 32320 times)

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
The Prisoner "Fenry" tells Michael that if he follows that exactly, that he and Walt will be saved.  Where do you think he's leading them?  Is it a trap?  Or is it a specific way to elude the "pull" of the island, which the previous raft and The Elizabeth were unable to do (when Desmond tried to sail away the second time, but ends up back on the island)?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 04:51:49 PM by PandoraX »

Offline AlwaysLOST4ever

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
I'm torn between thinking (1) that it's just to give Michael the impression that he's leaving when he's really going to end up back at the island or (2) that it really is the path needed to escape and the Others aren't worried about it because (as Fenry said) Michael "won't be able to get back to the island once he leaves" and presumably no one else can find the island either unless they are somehow led to it.  So, it's not much of a risk.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
The real question is if Micheal does make it back, will he run into Penny Widmore?

Offline ape

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
To speculate that no-one would listen is flawed. The loved ones of all those missing, not to mention every investigative journalist in the world, may be interested.

Michael Dawson's name was on the flight log for the missing Oceanic 815 and he would easily be able to verify that he is the same person who was on that plane.

Something is askew. There must be more powerful forces controlling that situation if it is not an underhand plot where Michael simply can't blab.

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
The Shark will eat them both......I owned that question! 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
He is being sent to some other "others" who will hold them. You will find rescue to me means some one is waiting for them.

My hope is that Michael finally feels some remorse and responsiblity and goes back to camp to figure out how to help the captured people. Iknow that is unlikely.

Offline Gelotripsy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
They're not going to let Michael and Walt escape. Walt is too valuable to them. Besdies this is the ultimate mind game - let Michael think he's escaping. That compass heading could take them to another facility where Michael initially thinks he's out. Sort of like that show the "Prisoner" in the '60's where Patrick McGowen never really knew whether he escaped or not until the last show. Alright, I'm showing my age and I know it.  ;)

Offline FallenAngel

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
I wanted to see if 325 had any significance that I could use to search it on google earth but it's not working for me :p

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• View Profile
IMHO, I think that if Michael and Walt do make it to the real world as we know it, they will be unable to find the Island again because it is hidden from the rest of the world somehow and THE OTHERS would be well aware of this.

I agree with PandoraX, that it's a specific way to elude the 'pull' of the island.

Saying that, maybe he'll disappear for a few episodes and then come back having gone in a big circle like Desmond did...? OR like jugdish said, he may wake up to what he has done and actually get a conscience and try to help our losties - here's hoping!

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
That makes sense, but the producers
Spoiler
have already leaked that Micheal will not be a cast regular in season 3. So I have no idea what to think right now....

{{MOD EDIT: Please put producers' leaks in spoiler tags in this forum, thanks.  -PandoraX}}
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 02:49:58 PM by PandoraX »

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• View Profile

That is true sam_i_am but they have already said they will address Walt's growth in season 3. This may not mean that he is actually in it but if he is, it would indicate that something hasn't gone to plan somewhere along the line...

I have no idea what to think either! LOL
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 02:45:26 PM by PandoraX »

Offline Usagi

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
I'm going to have to agree w/ Pandora and Purple, and not just for alliterative purposes.

The Others have made too a big deal about being "good" and such, to go back on their word. 
(They could have just shot Michael in the face)

The Raft and Desmond couldnt' get off the island, and Henry gave such a Specific way to get out so I don't think that's all coincidense.

Also I think Michael will be Penelope Windmore's key to getting to the island.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Someone elsewhere pointed out that, while bound and gagged, Jack and Kate made little nods to each other. In the forest, Jack says he has a plan but we never see what it is.

It's quite plausible that Michael is part of whatever plan they are going to try. I'm quite certain he'll be back -- his conscience alone would make him want to help them out.

Offline SloHand

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Also I think Michael will be Penelope Windmore's key to getting to the island.

Usagi, I like this line of thinking! but Micheal appears to have been sick in the last little while [island sickness?] Maybe Walt is Penelope's key to getting to the island?

Offline mollyh

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
My husband and I have kinda adopted the biosphere (similar to the Truman Show) theory we think the bearing point would lead Michael and Walt to the door out to the sphere. I think its a possiblity that its located in Artic (snow in the Challah). Since its a dome like the Truman Show its exterior would blend with the EArth/Sky. What do u y'all think?
Also the whole use inaccuarte compasses on the island makes me think of last weeks Lost Experiance site letyourcompassguideyou.com (consciencde?) I think not.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:06:02 PM by mollyh »