Author Topic: Desmond's Boat Race  (Read 13389 times)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Desmond's Boat Race
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 01:34:15 AM »
I would submit that they have to have some sophisticated  equip that montiors they surrounding  area

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2006, 11:57:33 PM »
just  a thought on that

he is pumped because he knows she still loves him and he believes he can win her and his honor back
so he is in a very positive frame of mind when he first meets Jack

I could be way off base
it's just a thought
Derma: great post; I'm with you on this one ;)  Post quickly so we can congratulate you!

cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 01:22:26 PM »
I would submit that they have to have some sophisticated  equip that montiors they surrounding  area
Maye the TV'sin the pearl?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 01:23:22 PM »
just  a thought on that
Thaywould explain si sudden mood change when stumblinginto jack,being sodepressed then so full ofhope and sharing that hope with jack otbeelivein miracles.

he is pumped because he knows she still loves him and he believes he can win her and his honor back
so he is in a very positive frame of mind when he first meets Jack

I could be way off base
it's just a thought
Derma: great post; I'm with you on this one ;)  Post quickly so we can congratulate you!

cheers
*Des8

Offline button pusher

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 06:50:17 PM »
Maybe it really was a SOLO race around the world... Widmore has enough money to pay a bunch of people with boats to start a "race" knowing Desmond would be the type to try to win it. So the race starts, the course is set to run through the area where the boat will get caught in the islands pull. Desmond takes off and pulls ahead of everyone with a commanding lead... feeling pretty pumped and good about himself. What he doesn't know is that Widmore has the fix in and that all of the other "racers" are letting Desmond get ahead and once he's out of sight, they turn around, pull into the harbor and have a great steak and lobster dinner with open bar hosted by Charles Widmore. Desmond goes right on racing to his prison.

As far as Libby goes... I can see giving a stranger a boat if you have no use for it and it holds painful memories. I once gave a car to a complete stranger who knocked on my door one day... I want to believe in Libby's goodness

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2006, 01:51:38 PM »
Button pusher I'mthorughly enjoyign reading your posts this morning.No one would dispute what yopu posted here about Des and the post race.
On other site though there was a lot of discussion about libby and how and why she was working for Widmore to give Des that boat.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2006, 10:13:35 PM »
I enjoy your posts button pusher and you seem like a very nice person but I really think there is more to Libby giving Des the boat
I mean how many people in the world are REALLY like you (to give something of such value to a total stranger).  I suppose it could happen as you are proof of that but in this story I really think it was some sort of a setup.

Offline button pusher

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 11:34:09 PM »
I wouldn't really say that I'm that nice a guy... In the case of the car, I didn't need it anymore... had some memories to it that I was ready to part with. It had been sitting for several months in my carport. One day a kid knocked on the door and asked if I wanted to sell it to him. I looked at him. He didn't look like he had much to offer so I told him he could have it. It benefited me to be rid of it as much as it benefited him.

I haven't read any of the theories about Libby working with Widmore... I just hope she wasn't because I really like Libby and want to think of her as being just genuine... may she rest in peace.

Oh... and shame on you who gather information and speculation from other sites  :P

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 11:40:28 PM »
Thanks for sharing that little bit about yourself and maybe you are right about Libby
I liked her too
She did seem nice and genuine I guess I am just to cynical (wish I wasn't) and find it hard to believe that someone would do that and because it is the show I am suspicious of everything.
Hey GJ there should be a punishment for going to other sites  J/K
I know you only do it to provide us with even more info LOL

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 11:41:44 PM »
well there were a whole bunch of people...... where did THEY come from, and where did they go???

I don't think there was a bunch of people.  That's what I thought at first, but when I watched it again, Desmond just has blurry vision; they are all Kelvin.

Uh-oh.  Here comes another one of my theories.  

I think half of those people were Kelvin and the other half were Joe.  (I know the producers have said that Kelvin and Joe are the same person, but I don't trust them!)  Why use a cluster lens to show delerium when it would be just as easy to use a blurry lens?  I think they wanted to confuse us about the number of people who came to Desmond's rescue.  At first we assume there were several, then we realize they all looked alike, so we assume there was only one.  I say there were two, Kelvin and Joe Inman.  Desmond knew his rescuer as Kelvin.  Kelvin frequently came and went from the hatch, leaving Desmond inside to push the button by himself, and telling him it would be dangerous for him to leave.  Was it always Kelvin who came back after an outing?  Could it be that sometimes it was Kelvin and sometimes it was Joe?  Kelvin seemed to have a Jekyll and Hyde personality.  Sometimes he was cynical, demanding and cold, morose, other times he was charming, funny, warm, devil-may-care.  So what if Kelvin was Jekyll and Joe was Hyde?  

(This theory is inspired in part by the "secret twins twist" from season five of Big Brother.  Remember Natalie and Adria?)  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 01:01:05 AM by Sweet Old Lady »

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 01:41:59 AM »
well there were a whole bunch of people...... where did THEY come from, and where did they go???

I don't think there was a bunch of people.  That's what I thought at first, but when I watched it again, Desmond just has blurry vision; they are all Kelvin.

Uh-oh.  Here comes another one of my theories.  

I think half of those people were Kelvin and the other half were Joe.  (I know the producers have said that Kelvin and Joe are the same person, but I don't trust them!)  Why use a cluster lens to show delerium when it would be just as easy to use a blurry lens?  I think they wanted to confuse us about the number of people who came to Desmond's rescue.  At first we assume there were several, then we realize they all looked alike, so we assume there was only one.  I say there were two, Kelvin and Joe Inman.  Desmond knew his rescuer as Kelvin.  Kelvin frequently came and went from the hatch, leaving Desmond inside to push the button by himself, and telling him it would be dangerous for him to leave.  Was it always Kelvin who came back after an outing?  Could it be that sometimes it was Kelvin and sometimes it was Joe?  Kelvin seemed to have a Jekyll and Hyde personality.  Sometimes he was cynical, demanding and cold, morose, other times he was charming, funny, warm, devil-may-care.  So what if Kelvin was Jekyll and Joe was Hyde?  

(This theory is inspired in part by the "secret twins twist" from season five of Big Brother.  Remember Natalie and Adria?)  

SLOL I"M disagreeing with you on this one didn't Sledge do a screen c ap showing they were  not the same person?
 Desmond did say to Jack that Kelvin said come with me come with me or something to that affect.But Kelvin didn't speak to him so we did learn from the rescue is that Des does lie.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 02:25:40 AM »
Agreed Gj.different people and only one person got des off of the beach.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 03:18:01 AM »
I'm going to stick with this one for awhile.  I think the twins, Joe and Kelvin, where both in the swan station, but not at the same time.  They kept switching places.  Desmond thought they were the same person.  Maybe I'm being stubborn about it because I'm a twin.  (BTW, my evil twin recorded S2 on dvd and she promised to send me her discs so I can really study the images up close.  I hope she remembers.)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 02:13:00 AM »
Stick to your beliefs. I have my faith in underwater hatches and christian still being alive.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 02:39:28 AM »
Stick to your beliefs. I have my faith in underwater hatches and christian still being alive.

Thanks, Jug.  I'm with you on the underwater hatch and Christian, too.