Author Topic: Am I the only one that noticed  (Read 4340 times)

Offline kayak101

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Am I the only one that noticed
« on: May 25, 2006, 02:24:56 PM »
The ship that looked like a space shuttle come crashing down at the very end. The show ended, there was a commercial, then it showed what appeared to be a shuttle come crashing down (for a split second), then it ended again. Anyone get a screenie of that?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one that noticed
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 02:37:55 PM »
It was the sign from the hatch that said quarantened(sp?)

Offline HurleyHawk

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 05:43:33 PM »
No, when the hatch fell, there was not a commercial cut or anything.  I think what you are talking about is I gues sin some regions, after the polar station made the call to penny, some stations showed what looked like another plane crashing on a beach, while the credits were rolling. 
I had read that some ABC stations had mistakenly started to run the Tailies episode "48 days" or whatever it was called, and that was a scene from when the tail section crashed. 
I am in Chicago and I did not see this "other plane crash" so I am just going on what I had read online today.

Offline kayak101

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 09:31:32 PM »
Oh, that would actually make sense then. Do you remember where you read it?

Thanks!

Offline FallenAngel

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 01:15:50 AM »
I was wondering if another plane was going to crash on the island (that would be a cool twist) and for a split second I thought it would happened and then it was the door of the hatch :(

Offline AlwaysLOST4ever

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 01:43:59 AM »
I was wondering if another plane was going to crash on the island (that would be a cool twist) and for a split second I thought it would happened and then it was the door of the hatch :(

I did too.   Because, if a plane crashed the first time the magnetic pull got to be too much, why wouldn't it happen again.

Offline HurleyHawk

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 10:45:01 AM »
I think I read that on the ABC website forum actually. 

The only problem I Have with another plane crash is this, actually a few..
1.) There are already too many people on this island, why bring on more characters?
2.) When Flight 815 crashed, we assume the counter went down to 000:00 and they had a system failure.  BUT this time, the timer went down and then Desmond turned the Key on the failsafe.  He DID NOT DO THAT when 815 crashed.

So it is not the exact same scenario as when 815 crashed, so I will be curious to see what it was and what happened, if anything.

Offline andersinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 11:27:11 AM »
And also if you remember Flight 815 shouldnt have been there it had changed course, so the chances of this happening again are very slim.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 03:18:08 PM »
I don't think it crashed because it changed course. I think it changed course because of the electromagnetic field going nuts after the first system failure. I think that made the plane change course.

Also, Desmond's boat couldn't seem to get away from the island too. It wouldn't be that farfetched to have other vessels get sucked into the pull of the island after another system failure.

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »
2.) When Flight 815 crashed, we assume the counter went down to 000:00 and they had a system failure.  BUT this time, the timer went down and then Desmond turned the Key on the failsafe.  He DID NOT DO THAT when 815 crashed.

Yes, but the first time he must have gotten to the hatch fairly soon after the magnetism started up.  Notice the timer wasn't crumpled, etc.  The second time I think it went on even longer because everything went to crap.  Counter crumpled, stuff flying everywhere, moreso than the first time.

If a plane didn't crash then, it is because one wasn't in the area.

Also, when Desmond came running back the first time, if the magnetism was strong enough to break up a plane, how was he able to open the metal hatch door...??

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 08:34:30 PM »
And also if you remember Flight 815 shouldnt have been there it had changed course, so the chances of this happening again are very slim.
but  was brought off course on purpose by the electrical magnetic force?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 06:46:02 PM by Geronimo Jackson »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 03:04:18 AM »
The incident in 2004 (not THE incident) happened for only 30 seconds or so. Not enough time to bring a plane hundreds of miles of course and crash it. It was flying of course for awhile.

Offline abaymomma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 03:07:52 AM »
Maybe the pilot was a Widmore/Hanso employee?  That could explain why the plane was close enough to the island to be pulled apart in the first place.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 01:14:52 AM »
Maybe the pilot was a Widmore/Hanso employee?  That could explain why the plane was close enough to the island to be pulled apart in the first place.

I sure wouldn't want to work for Widmore!  Their termination policy is brutal!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 01:58:19 AM »

I sure wouldn't want to work for Widmore!  Their termination policy is brutal!

Love it SLOL love it touche. ;D ;D ;D