Author Topic: S.R. = Razinsky?  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
S.R. = Razinsky?
« on: May 25, 2006, 12:30:28 PM »
When the 5 come across the pneumatic tubes in the field, Kate opens one notebook and reads "S.R. moves ping pong table". 

I think the most likely choice is that Razinsky is S.R.  He's also the original mapmaker according to Kelvin/Joe, which may explain the 2 different handwritings on the map.  I wonder if like Kelvin/Joe, he is also a flashback character we know?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: S.R. = Razinsky?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 01:16:31 PM »
Good theroy but wasn'ts he also reading a number after each entry someone takes a shower,also had a number.

Offline abaymomma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 03:08:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure the numbers that Kate were reading are the times at which those event occured.  I don't remember the times however.  THat poor ping-pong table got moved around a bunch!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 03:26:53 PM »
they were the times that they were doing things,

Was kelvin adding to the map or just acting to trick desmond that he is really exploring the island

Offline theory

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 03:32:12 PM »
they were the times that they were doing things,

Was kelvin adding to the map or just acting to trick desmond that he is really exploring the island

I think that he was just adding to the map to trick des. Also i don't beleave the map was in that room, wasnt it in the same room as the computer and not in the "living space" where kelvin was making a map.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »
I think he was addig to the map looked like thes ame place tome,too bad Desmond never got more curious in three years and tried to see it.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 03:39:04 PM »
Time stamp on what the person was doing makes sense.Iwas thinking more recently with al lof them going in and out of there that perhaps they assigned them numbers.Wouldn't need too though would they as know all their names.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 03:40:08 PM »
how did he have time to fix the boat and continue to search the island. He only was gone for an hour or two

Offline HelloImRayRay

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 04:28:28 PM »
Is there any chance that Rezinsky is the Henry Gale impersionator?

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 04:30:42 PM »
I'd say unlikely, given that Kelvin claimed to have seen him commit suicide, and showed Desmond the bloodstain on the ceiling.  Of course, a lot of things are possible still, since this is a third-hand account (we have to trust Desmond's flashback, and then have to trust Kelvin wasn't lying about the suicide story, somehow faked a bloodstain on the ceiling for no apparent reason).

Offline HurleyHawk

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 05:40:39 PM »
I was hoping they would have turned on the black light again to see what the map looked like in his flashback.  I wondered too if he was actualyl adding to it or just putting on an act for Desmond, like him going outside in the space suit.
If he was adding to it, how could he REALLY know what he was writing?

Offline theory

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 11:06:20 PM »
I take back what i said before, that was the wall that locke saw the map on , i still dont beleave that kelvin was working on the map, someone needs to do some research, and find out if detergent and water mixed together can show up under a black light. I think there is more to kelvin's story and what happened to his partner (he seems to know the most, where the other hatches are, dragons ...etc) in the hatch. I hope next sesson will give insight to that.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 11:49:35 PM »
I take back what i said before, that was the wall that locke saw the map on , i still dont beleave that kelvin was working on the map, someone needs to do some research, and find out if detergent and water mixed together can show up under a black light. I think there is more to kelvin's story and what happened to his partner (he seems to know the most, where the other hatches are, dragons ...etc) in the hatch. I hope next sesson will give insight to that.

Yes no research needed, when I was in College we painted our walls with detergent and fabric sofener to make the glow under a black light, but was nearly undecetable unless you were really looking in white light.   So yes.  Its the phosporous in them I think.  All the colors is another story, they must have had others things they used too.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 12:00:05 AM »
WOW I really life connection to lost. That was awesome.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 02:10:23 AM »

Yes no research needed, when I was in College we painted our walls with detergent and fabric sofener to make the glow under a black light, but was nearly undecetable unless you were really looking in white light.   So yes.  Its the phosporous in them I think.  All the colors is another story, they must have had others things they used too.

Funny, at a lab I used to work at, we used to pull the same trick with UV lights.  Black light is on the spectrum of UV... specifically, it is "UV-A", of a slightly longer wavelength (and therefore less damaging to cells) than "UV-C", typically used for disinfecting.  But the detergent trick works with all of them (yes, I think it's the phosphates), as do highlighters and blood and other substances, which is why they use these lights in forensics.

I don't think I've ever seen the theory on SWLS, but we had a good discussion elsewhere that this may be the reason black lights were installed in the Swan (and it had nothing to do with Desmond or Kelvin, more recent inhabitants).  The theory was that the light was actually UV-C and used to be germicidal, since there was some real fear of sickness/contamination at some point (don't know if this holds up as well anymore, given what we know about Kelvin's lie).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 02:13:13 AM by PandoraX »