Author Topic: Two guys at the arctic station  (Read 7163 times)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Two guys at the arctic station
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:46:40 AM »
DID ANYONE THINK THAT THOSE 2 GUYS AT THE VERY END OF THE SHOW (RUSSIANS?) LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE WEARING DISGUISES?
THE ONE GUY THAT ACTUALLY MADE THE PHONE CALL TO DESMOND'S EX LOOKED LIKE JACK IN DISGUISE.  OF COURSE I AM GOING TO WATCH IT AGAIN TONIGHT BUT AT THAT MOMENT IT LOOKED LIKE JACK TO ME.  MAYBE I WAS JUST REELING STILL FROM THE WHOLE ENDING?  ANY THOUGHTS ON WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT?  I THINK THEY WERE HIRED TO TRACK DESMOND OR HIS BOAT. "WE MISSED IT AGAIN" ?? 
I'D LOVE TO HEAR THOUGHTS ON THIS.  IT ALMOST LOOKED LIKE A BAD COMMERCIAL OR SOMETHING. :o

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Two guys at the arctic station
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 11:48:33 AM »
DID ANYONE THINK THAT THOSE 2 GUYS AT THE VERY END OF THE SHOW (RUSSIANS?) LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE WEARING DISGUISES?
THE ONE GUY THAT ACTUALLY MADE THE PHONE CALL TO DESMOND'S EX LOOKED LIKE JACK IN DISGUISE.  OF COURSE I AM GOING TO WATCH IT AGAIN TONIGHT BUT AT THAT MOMENT IT LOOKED LIKE JACK TO ME.  MAYBE I WAS JUST REELING STILL FROM THE WHOLE ENDING?  ANY THOUGHTS ON WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT?  I THINK THEY WERE HIRED TO TRACK DESMOND OR HIS BOAT. "WE MISSED IT AGAIN" ?? 
I'D LOVE TO HEAR THOUGHTS ON THIS.  IT ALMOST LOOKED LIKE A BAD COMMERCIAL OR SOMETHING. :o

I believe they were Italian or Portugese...

they are two dudes who are on penelope's payroll

someone has imdb'd the jacklookalike... it's not jack

other people have speculated its penny looking for her father

Offline Bones

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 11:52:06 AM »
Or the easy answer: she's looking for des.  They could work for Widmore, she used her feminine wiles on them (or money) to get them to do some favors for her.  Who knows?

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 12:05:23 PM »
Or the easy answer: she's looking for des.  They could work for Widmore, she used her feminine wiles on them (or money) to get them to do some favors for her.  Who knows?

hehe... then doesn't make it an easy answer if there's a "who knows?" at the end

the father tangent is thrown in there as it is speculated she knows something about the widmore-dharma connection

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 12:11:20 PM »
I don't think Italian...But I think they are looking for Desmond
She had said I have a lot of money and I can find anyone or something like that.
I know that wasn't jack but does anybody else see that he looked like him or is it just me?

Offline Bones

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 12:15:44 PM »
I agree Olly.  I think she knows her pops is in something really big and has done a little bit of snooping.  I would if I was in the situation.  But hey that line of thinking never works with this show.  I would have told everyone about the pearl ASAP and I'd be looking for ecko and locke too. 

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 12:25:34 PM »
It's been confirmed by a Portugese speaker that it is Portugese.

As for speculation about how Penelope knew what signal to look for... I think she knows a lot more about her father's organization and projects than she is letting on.

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 12:31:37 PM »
Closed caption said they were speaking Portugese also.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 01:12:03 PM »
Well theguy did refer to her as MS or Miss Widmore,not by a married name, so she is still looking for Desmond but how that connects with electrical magnetic anaolmys we will have to wait a long summer to find out more.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 01:13:39 PM »
Anyone else think that the  false alarm the two guys were referring two was the instance when Desmond allowed  it to goin to system failure and brought the plane down?

Offline Jonny_BB

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 02:03:04 PM »
Anyone else think that the  false alarm the two guys were referring two was the instance when Desmond allowed  it to goin to system failure and brought the plane down?

Makes sense to me.

Offline reliquary

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 02:04:51 PM »
I agree that Desmond's Ex has a great understanding of her fathers business affairs with Hanso. I think the guys have been monitoring for the electromagnetic energy and have only been able to find it one time before and they missed it like it said it the subtitles.   Which could have been the plane crash incident. The new find could be the blast on the episode. Desmond's Ex obviously has infinite wealth to carry on such an operation and she mentioned a line to Desmond in the stadium scene pertaining to finding someone.

Offline Sidd

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 05:27:54 PM »
Hi all, I've been a long time lurker here.

I jump in because something is bugging me: don't you think the snow station were the portuguese are can have something to do with the polar bears we saw in season 1?

I know the bears are supposed to be related to Walt. But still, they showed us the snow on purpose.

Hmmm, maybe the Island look different from outside? don't know, just wanted to get it off my chest. Much better now. :D

Offline HurleyHawk

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »
I was also wondering what significance the view of the snowy mountains had.  They seemed to focus on it for a long time.  I have read other theories that the magnetic field or whatever is hiding the true island to the outside world, and that the polar station at the end was actually on the same island, but outside of the Dharma "project" the island  appears to be a barren ice cap.  Don't buy into it all, but found it interesting.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 05:41:09 PM »
Hmmm, maybe the Island look different from outside? don't know, just wanted to get it off my chest. Much better now. :D

I half expected Micheal and Walt to show up at the door there.  But I don't think that place is the "outside" of the island.  I think that was at south pole 180 degrees from magnetic north(magnetic south?), so they could better detect a magnetic anomaly and not have the earthes magnetic poles interfere...