Author Topic: Charlie reaction at the end  (Read 18478 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie reaction at the end
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 10:20:45 PM »
You mean Sun no he has been all over the mental map this season.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 06:10:28 AM »
The only thing that doesn't make sense about the whole "Charlie's glad Locke and Eko are out of the way" scenario is that if he thinks they're dead--and is glad they are for the reason stated--why act like they aren't? Why not realize this is his chance to get back into Claire's good graces AND lead everyone back to the hatch so they can see for themselves that Locke and Eko are dead? It doesn't serve any purpose for him to keep it to himself, and it doesn't do any harm to let everyone else know.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 06:12:17 AM by WhatThe »

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 12:09:47 PM »
The only thing that doesn't make sense about the whole "Charlie's glad Locke and Eko are out of the way" scenario is that if he thinks they're dead--and is glad they are for the reason stated--why act like they aren't? Why not realize this is his chance to get back into Claire's good graces AND lead everyone back to the hatch so they can see for themselves that Locke and Eko are dead? It doesn't serve any purpose for him to keep it to himself, and it doesn't do any harm to let everyone else know.

He's half deaf, bleeding, and might even have a fork and a spoon imprint a couple places he shouldn't... he was 10 feet from a 'event' that we still don't fully know what it was... Eko just almost blew him up because of desperation, Locke said he wasn't his friend (so maybe he did hear that part).   He got Eko up and made sure he was ok, and stumbled back to the beach... at that point all that he could focus on was the fact that Claire was smiling at him, and she didn't hate him anymore.  Of course he was happy.  (That and he promised to get Locke back, and well Locke did that for him).

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 02:25:23 PM »
hey maybe after the big shock of all the events charlie went and had a blast on his secret stash

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 02:57:33 PM »
hey maybe after the big shock of all the events charlie went and had a blast on his secret stash

"cloned charlie went and had..."

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 02:58:23 PM »
I kind of took his reaction to the question  " where are Echo Locke and Desmond "
as he had seen them after the " event" and was truely surprised they had not returned

they could be late comming back 'cause  Echo is busy beating the living H#LL out of Locke

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 03:07:47 PM »
Funny :) :) or he could be havig Locke ask for his forgiveness and having Locke do a bunch of prayers and hail mary's.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »
If Echo ask's I obay
he is one bad man
Yes Mr Echo anything else Mr Echo  of course Mr Echo

LOL

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 03:29:14 PM »
If Echo ask's I obay
he is one bad man

LOL

shaft is a bad muthaSHUTYOMOUTH

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 03:40:15 PM »
If Echo ask's I obay
he is one bad man

LOL
Yu got it Demra

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 04:43:50 PM »

He's half deaf, bleeding, and might even have a fork and a spoon imprint a couple places he shouldn't... he was 10 feet from a 'event' that we still don't fully know what it was... Eko just almost blew him up because of desperation, Locke said he wasn't his friend (so maybe he did hear that part).   He got Eko up and made sure he was ok, and stumbled back to the beach... at that point all that he could focus on was the fact that Claire was smiling at him, and she didn't hate him anymore.  Of course he was happy.  (That and he promised to get Locke back, and well Locke did that for him).

Um, but by the last scene it was well beyond sunset, night had taken over and everyone was back to being calm. Charlie was cracking jokes and kissing Claire by that point. I think the shock-bleeding-flying forks excuse is no longer valid at that point lol. And that's why I said I have a problem with the "Charlie's glad Eko and Locke are out of the way" scenario, because if he truly WAS glad they were out of the way, he'd want everyone to know they were out of the way.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 06:01:32 PM »
Um, but by the last scene it was well beyond sunset, night had taken over and everyone was back to being calm. Charlie was cracking jokes and kissing Claire by that point. I think the shock-bleeding-flying forks excuse is no longer valid at that point lol. And that's why I said I have a problem with the "Charlie's glad Eko and Locke are out of the way" scenario, because if he truly WAS glad they were out of the way, he'd want everyone to know they were out of the way.

Exactly he is back i nevil Chalrie darth vader mode without his hood on.He should have gone back to look forthem.  He was glad he had Locke out of the way with Claire.But why leave Eko.This is almost as cold as Michael.

Offline Jumkun

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 08:21:22 PM »
Let me try another twist... (a hard one)

We all say that Charlie has been acting strangely lately... what if he was following "orders"? I know it's a hard one... :P

But it would explain why did he get the vaccine (urgh, my english is terrible X<) (well, the pharmacs). Just the perfect thing to get Claire at his side (without even knowing she was searching them...). He could just got them from The Others. Then warn Locke about Desmond being in the island, so they can trigger the computer...

It would explain why The Others don't say anything about the "explosion" (whatever). They were expecting it. And it would explain too the "happy-Charlie" of the end (mission acomplished).

I know, it's quite a stretch and it doesn't fit well enough... just a tought.

(please, don't hit me ...  ;))

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 08:52:25 PM »

And everyone is saying its dark and been hours since the 'event' and Charlie didn't go back... but we only saw that little clip... for all we know Locke and Desond we up the beach drinking their Dharma issue Jonny Walker and laughing about Eko not having eye brows.   So maybe we just don't know they are ok yet. ;)  (I got your back Jumkun now they'll come after me you are safe)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 09:50:36 PM »
Maybe charlies is just a nutter