Author Topic: Charlie reaction at the end  (Read 15634 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Charlie reaction at the end
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:21:18 AM »
What was with charlie at the end of the show. All of this happened in the hatch and he comes back and acts like some milk was spilled. Their not here yet? And his facial expressions where strange. A couple thoughts

1. Just continues the losties habits of never communicating with others.

2. Charlie is just a nutter?

3. He thinks that locke, eko, jack, kate etc are gone so he is going to slide into the leadership role and win Claires heart.

What do you think?

Offline IFilingPoo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie reaction at the end
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »
I just think he is in both shock and denial.

After the flash of light he has prob written off Locke, Eko & Desmond as Dead.
<PSYCH ALERT PSYCHO ALERT>

He has also prob decided to just take care of himself and his own needs, or decided to go to a hidden hail mary to recover from what he has just seen and that's why he appears to be so unattched and despondent.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 10:37:33 AM »
It was his reaction in addition to what he said. He looked relieved or happy. He has always looked out for himself. I think that he may see this as an opportunity for himself.

Offline becksmex

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 10:47:54 AM »
I thought that Charlie acted strangely all the way through the episode, not just at the end.  He was very strange when he told Locke that Desmond was back -- what was his motivation there?  He built Locke's case up and kind of helped him get Eko out of the way, then suddenly he is helping Eko blow up the hatch to overthrow Locke's decision to not push the button!  Finally, he tries to help a knocked-out Eko, but ends up outside the hatch, by himself, unconcerned by the missing friends in the blown-up hatch, and very nonchalant about the explosion, not to mention the electromagnetic reaction!  Maybe his final reaction could be chalked up to shock, but...what the ?!*%$ is up with Charlie even before the dynamite/electromagnetic incident?  I think we may be seeing a dramatic shift in character.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 10:50:56 AM »
He has been a locke hatere since locked kicked his a$$. He was acting like fenry in captivity. Playing people off each other so he gets them to do what he wants. strange

Offline becksmex

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 10:58:42 AM »
He has been a locke hatere since locked kicked his a$$. He was acting like fenry in captivity. Playing people off each other so he gets them to do what he wants. strange

I don't know, jug.  He seemed genuinely concerned and confused when Eko enlisted his help.  I don't think Charlie is as smart or as sure of himself as Fenry is -- I think he keeps changing his mind and really has no idea what he wants, or can do.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 11:07:14 AM »
I am not solid on the fenry comparisons he just up to something at the end of the episode. He wants to be important. He hates locke so he set him up. Wants to be ekos buddy so tried to help him. My theory is that he thinks they are dead and wants to fill the leadership role.

Offline Bones

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 11:12:31 AM »
When the pressure in a confined area changes like that and blows your eardrums you are a little wacked out.  I think there was more to it than that though.  I worry for claire and aaron.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 11:16:41 AM »
Aaron is very important to this show. I am worried about him with charlie in his life.

Offline Stray

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 11:20:15 AM »
He was acting strange during the whole episode. We know that he does not like Locke. I'm sure he wishes to get back at Locke for betting him up and he was jealous of Locke replacing him as Claire's care taker.

Now, with Locke missing, he can step in again and fulfill that role of taking care of the baby and Claire. I really don't think he is after a leadership role.

- Stray

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 11:26:05 AM »
i agree that charlie was acting strange during the episode.  i think the first part (before the meltdown) was because he just wants to be in the "in" crowd.  he only gets included when someone NEEDS something from him.  I think that makes him p.o.ed.  could his lack of emotion at the end be due to shock?  i mean look at all that has happened.  how unrealistic is everything?  then this!  i think it could cause shock in anyone.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 01:40:53 PM »
Charlie's reaction at the end was very weird.He didn't even go back to see if Eko and Locke were alive.He just said Oh they aren't here.he had nothing against Eko,but did against Locke.But whenever Charlie goes into evil wicked dark side Charlie  he wears his ajacket with the hood.That was the only thing missing last night. He was in his dark Charlie mood,could care less that three people could bedead, he had Claire that's all he cared about.

Offline LOSTgurl

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 01:59:49 PM »
The only thing I got out of Charlie's weird reaction is that he is  Whipped!! Dontcha think?  Everyone knows (or maybe it's just a woman's observation) that a man will do anything for a woman he's trying to "catch".   ;D :-*

Also, my b/f thinks maybe Charlie talking to Locke about Desmond being back was a figment of Locke imagination (with the help of the Island's doings).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:48:59 PM by mollyh »

Offline reliquary

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 02:13:53 PM »
I agree Charlie seemed stunned. He genuinely thought that Locke and the others should have made it out of the hatch. He was still recovering from the blast he took. I think it is possible that all of them are still alive in the hatch and Desmond while trying to turn the key didn't turn it in time and the electromagnetic shock went out. The timer was freaked out and he did have to crawl a long way. I have a feeling that we will see them all next season. We will all have to wait and see.

Offline Jonny_BB

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 02:24:56 PM »
It seemed to me like Charlie was just giving the big "What happened in the hatch with the explosion and the electromagnetic lights and the immense danger?  Ah, nuthin' I can't handle baby".  He's been acting strange for ages though.  Ever since he pulled the stunts with Aaron, he's lost favour with the group and has a sore head about it.  Now he's back in with Claire though, he seems more sure of himself and happy.