Author Topic: www.hansocareers.com  (Read 2998 times)

Offline B-Bux

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
www.hansocareers.com
« on: May 25, 2006, 04:01:40 AM »
Did anyone else catch this commercial besides me?

Only 5 jobs are offered.  Just curious if anyone found anything.

Offline illtrickit

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: www.hansocareers.com
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 08:50:43 AM »
not yet, i'm still working on it. the only interesting bit so far is if you highlight the text on the job descriptions a tiny hidden link to the Hanso bio pages comes up. but i did'n notice anything different about the bio page either.

Offline west tower6580

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Hanso Careers website
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 09:28:32 AM »
I was checking out the newest Hanso website, and reading the job descriptions I noticed a gray colored letter every so often. from the first three job descriptions I gleaned the letters,n,s,l,u,t,m,I,e.
The next two job listings I got m,A,y,a. I have tried to type in nImaste on the top line to search and gotten nowhere, that leaves the letters l,u,m,y,a. I imagine that the are two different words or phrases to unlock the easter egg on their website. Curious as to what it unlocks on their site.

Offline padasaurus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 09:59:17 AM »
hey.
   i been trying to find out the relevence of the hanso careers site as well.  on the opening page...there are an odd assortment of capitol letters in the little header statement...something about the island.  the letters that are capitolized are...something like...isthel  or y is the ile?  who knows...is this meaningful, or perhaps im just looking for anything out of the ordinary.  so far the only thing this site seems to be doing is reaffirming the folklore that the writers want you to believe...that the hanso foundation is real.  this site just seems to help support that idea....with it's links to supposed real jobs searches..etc.  if anyone finds anything significant...please post. thanks

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 10:20:26 AM »
Check the walkthrough.  I put up the answer yesterday afternoon (the Careers link at the bottom of THF site preceded the commercial that led you there, and that appeared around 7PM EST).  The anagram is INMATE ASYLUM, and you use that in the Board of Directors.

Offline abaymomma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 03:55:31 PM »
If you go to the Hanso Found. website and click on EMR the Electromagnetism strand, there's a picture of the earth with and x and y coordinate system on it.  When you move the mouse around the x and y numbers change.  Is there a secret to this?  I found the spot where it is 0/0 and zoomed in but nothing showed up.  It is also interesting that the picture of the Earth is from October 62, 9129 or something like that.  Anyone else spend time on this page. I thought it was important given last night's show...

Offline jdearmond

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 05:51:15 PM »
Has anyone noticed under the first job listing there is a requirement to be familiar with Lacanian psychology? I read some about it (a little confusing). Does anyone know more?

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 09:48:37 AM »
If you go to the Hanso Found. website and click on EMR the Electromagnetism strand, there's a picture of the earth with and x and y coordinate system on it.  When you move the mouse around the x and y numbers change.  Is there a secret to this?  I found the spot where it is 0/0 and zoomed in but nothing showed up.  It is also interesting that the picture of the Earth is from October 62, 9129 or something like that.  Anyone else spend time on this page. I thought it was important given last night's show...

This is also in the TLE Walkthrough thread. You might know that by now but if not, just go to that thread. It's the very first thread when you click on The Lost Experience.

Offline treesinger

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 10:50:21 AM »
Has anyone noticed under the first job listing there is a requirement to be familiar with Lacanian psychology? I read some about it (a little confusing). Does anyone know more?

Check this out! From http://www.haberarts.com/lacan.htm

One can even apply Lacan to Dickens.

Then it is linked to http://www.haberarts.com/pip.htm.

Interesting that a job featuring Lacanian psychology is also linked to a work by Dickens.  Granted, I'm reaching, but it is still interesting.

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Hanso Careers
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 07:29:06 PM »
Ok, we all saw these commericals for Hanso Careers. Well while I was checking that out, I went to the main site " www.thehansofoundation.org ". I found the weirdest thing on this site, and I was wondering if someone could double check it. While on the site, go to the executive bios page and Peter Thompson. Notice something weird about his picture? Ya. Any comments on it would be great.

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Hanso Careers
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 09:24:50 AM »
Ok, we all saw these commericals for Hanso Careers. Well while I was checking that out, I went to the main site " www.thehansofoundation.org ". I found the weirdest thing on this site, and I was wondering if someone could double check it. While on the site, go to the executive bios page and Peter Thompson. Notice something weird about his picture? Ya. Any comments on it would be great.

Are you referring to the letters that flash in the picture? If so, those letters spell out survivorguilt and that is the password/text you need. Click below the picture on the left side, when you get a |,type survivorguilt. This is also in the TLE-The Walkthrough thread. Check it out.