Author Topic: Best episode ever? (show info inside...dont look if u didnt watch)  (Read 6086 times)

Offline Jonny_BB

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Best episode ever? (show info inside...dont look if u didnt watch)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »

Half way through the trip on the boat, have Walt pull a gun and say 'Dad this is for the greater good,' shoot the unfeeling Michael repeatedly, drive the boat back and say to the "others" 'see, I told you I was committed to the cause' point the gun at Kate and say 'now let's finish what we started' and fade to black, ending the episode.

Now you mention it, that sounds a lot better than the actual ending.  They couldn't give away that much information in this season though  ;)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 02:39:43 PM »
We ae alla greed on all the sites  and threads on last night's episode that Michale should have DIED!

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 02:43:58 PM »
So who else thinks that this was the best episode to date?

We learned A LOT!
- The island itself seems to generate an Electro Magnetic charge
--- The button is what releases the charge
------It must be released every 108 minutes to prevent it from building too much
---Desmond is who caused the plane to crash because he didn't press the button
- The Pearl Hatch is a fake
--- The tubes get dumped into a field
- The island contains many pieces of the 7 wonders of the world

--- We saw part of the Colossus, and Stonehenge

Can we assume that Locke, Eko, and Desmond are dead?
How did Charlie get out?
How did Desmond's girlfriend know to look for EM pulses?

Anything you think I missed?

I don't think that the island "itself" generates the charge. Some experimental apparatus (Hanso-made?, Widmore-made?) was generating the EM. One episode showed how it was all sealed off with concrete I think. Although you may be right that it is the island, the storyline seems to indicate that this is a research area.

Stonehenge is not one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. The seven wonders are:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sunken/wonders/

The colossus of rhodes had 5 toes, not four. If you look at the picture http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x23/foot.jpg one of the toes did not break off, it was made that way. The colossus broke apart at the knee, this pic shows a break significantly below the knee.

Now... The "Lost-Isle-of-Atlantis" theory sounds good though (forgot who posted it, sorry). Atlanteans may in fact have had four toes, some of the hindu symbology works (namaste, dharma, yin/yang, etc.), and the geographical location is right  8)

http://www.wisdomworld.org/additional/ListOfCollatedArticles/TheLostAtlantis.html

Offline abaymomma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 03:23:35 PM »
So here are my burning questions:

If Desmond made the plane crash by not pushing the button, what is going to be the consequence of Locke not pushing the button in the finale?  The charge obviously built up more than when Desmond missed it on 9/22/04 (now we know for sure the date they crashed was indeed in 2004!), so should we be looking for another crash?

Also, if the plan crashed because of Desmond's mistake, was it completely by accident? Was if fate? Or was it truly a conspiracy theory and Kelvin planned for Desmond to follow him that day?  More and more the giant conspiracy theory is sounding more ludicrous  to me...

I told my husband about my conspiracy theory idea and it included the idea that Des was led away from the hatch by Kelvin.  I posted the idea in the theories section (along with some others). I think it could be plausible.  I mean come on we're talking about Lost here.  And an island where polar bears and talking birds roam-not to mention strange smoke monster things. ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 03:25:06 PM »
Concerning Walt, they let him go, because they mentioned something along the lines of "Walt was more than we could handle". I don't remember the exact wording.

Also, did anyone catch the line from Hurley, when he asked Michael about killing Libby? He said something like, "you didn't have time so you killed Libby, but if you had enough time, you still would have killed her/them?"

- Stray

My memory has it more like "walt gave us more than we could of ever hoped for.

Offline tallygirl

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 09:17:43 PM »
Yes, it was the best episode ever.  The writers are brilliant.  A lot was learned and a lot of new questions arose, but it has all taken a 180 plot wise, it seems.  Like Abrams said about the finale, we will find out that "nothing is as it seems" AND why the plane crashed.(WOW)  And then, the tie-in of Desmond to Widmore through his daughter and the two guys at the end calling HER.  I mean--amazing stuff!!  I just had to gush some about this.  My son won't watch the show with me--he waits until the DVD boxed set  comes out so he can watch the season all at once.  He avoids all the suspense from week to week during the regular season...cheater.  I can't say a word about Season 2 to him until OCTOBER, and I am about to BUST to tell him.  Take care all of you fellow Lost fans.

Offline globee

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 01:24:33 PM »
I have been reading these boards for awhile, but this is first post.  Since I'm now free for the summer (teacher) maybe I'll have a little more time. 

I have a question.  It's obvious that the others have a boat, which they gave to Michael.  Why haven't they used it to get off the island.  Is is possible they have other boats and can leave the island at will? Why else would they be so generous to Michael to give away their boat?

Offline siouxiesue1919

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »
I have been reading these boards for awhile, but this is first post.  Since I'm now free for the summer (teacher) maybe I'll have a little more time. 

I have a question.  It's obvious that the others have a boat, which they gave to Michael.  Why haven't they used it to get off the island.  Is is possible they have other boats and can leave the island at will? Why else would they be so generous to Michael to give away their boat?

I think the others are on the island because they want to be, not because they are stranded.  My question is what is going to happen now that they have Desmond's boat?  Are a bunch of them going to try and leave again?

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »
I have my own theories:

The four toed statue:

The rest of it is missing right?
So what if it's missing one toe, that could either have been due to time, or just the fact that it broke off like the rest of the body.

If Walt was SO important, why let him go?
Is he brainwashed, and on a mission to accomplish something off the island?

About the four toes: Here's a pretty basic answer. The toe was never there. "4" is one of "the numbers".

About Walt: I forget when this was said (I think it was Fenry or Mrs. Clue) but one of the others said "Since Walt has been with us we haven't had the best of occurences."(or they said something along those lines).
Maybe they don't want Walt, becuase Walt brought bad things to them.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2006, 11:24:31 PM »
Henry said  smiling not angry Walt was more than we bargained for.
For moreon fourtoes theroies read David Icke