Author Topic: Best episode ever? (show info inside...dont look if u didnt watch)  (Read 5745 times)

Offline vypurr

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
So who else thinks that this was the best episode to date?

We learned A LOT!
- The island itself seems to generate an Electro Magnetic charge
--- The button is what releases the charge
------It must be released every 108 minutes to prevent it from building too much
---Desmond is who caused the plane to crash because he didn't press the button
- The Pearl Hatch is a fake
--- The tubes get dumped into a field
- The island contains many pieces of the 7 wonders of the world

--- We saw part of the Colossus, and Stonehenge

Can we assume that Locke, Eko, and Desmond are dead?
How did Charlie get out?
How did Desmond's girlfriend know to look for EM pulses?

Anything you think I missed?

Offline Ihatemagnets

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Best episode ever? (show info inside...dont look if u didnt watch)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 02:51:52 AM »
That covers a lot of it.. And I have to say yes that was the best episode to date.  I got my hopes up a great deal, I'm glad I didn't get let down!  I'm left with so many unanswered questions though, I can't wait til next season! Who do you think the others really are, and what are they going to do with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer?  What exactly was going on with the ultra violet sky, The Others didn't really seem too bothered by it..  :o

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 02:56:13 AM »
Not as good as lockdown but I loved it.

We know who made the map

We know fenry is a top guy on the island at least.

The swan is not a fake.

Libby is very involved in getting people to the island.

Someone is at least looking for them.

Offline Ihatemagnets

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 03:00:59 AM »
PS.. How do you think Kelvin knew about "Him"? That is the first thing he asked Desmond when he drug him back to the hatch...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 03:04:02 AM »
Kelvin, the big CIA guy is involved somehow. Never really got info on how he got there. He acted like he was hired. Could of been his way to see if des was his replacement not HIM

Offline siouxiesue1919

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 03:22:00 AM »
PS.. How do you think Kelvin knew about "Him"? That is the first thing he asked Desmond when he drug him back to the hatch...

When he says "him", I think he's referring to his "new partner replacement."

Oh man!  So good!  Why did the statue have only 4 toes?  Why does Not Henry seem like he's in charge of everyone else?  TELL ME!

This is going to be the worst summer of my life.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 09:21:44 AM »
Because fenry may be HIM. The island people bow to his word. Is the real Him not on the island

Offline IFilingPoo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 10:30:53 AM »
I have my own theories:

The four toed statue:

The rest of it is missing right?
So what if it's missing one toe, that could either have been due to time, or just the fact that it broke off like the rest of the body.

If Walt was SO important, why let him go?
Is he brainwashed, and on a mission to accomplish something off the island?

Isn't hard to read the purpose of the Pearl?
I mean they are pressing the button for a REAL purpose, I guess the Pearl is a "Plan B" in case one of the workers in the Swan pulls the crap that Locke pulled.  What I mean is, when one of the workers in the Swan refuses to push the button, there is perhaps a protocol that allows them to alert their superiors as to what's going on and remedy the problem.

The "snow man" question is prob one of those hidden messages to alert someone their replacement has arrived to relieve them of their duty at the Swan.  Perhaps it's something else we just don't know yet.  Innman was pretty high up there in the military, he commaned men, he is prob one with privileged info, the "snow man" code was prob for his handler or something.
Thus the correct answer to that "snow man" statement would allow Innman to spill the beans on what is really going on on that island.

Fenry (Fake Henry Gale) is convinced that Michael will never find his way back to the island, so is it safe to say that the magnetic field on the island keeps it hidden from sat pictures?

Penny is still looking for Desmond, and now that the 2 fumbling idiots found and triangulated the magnetic disturbance, Penny will send a search party for Desmond to the island.

Rumors have it that Desmond has been signed on to be a regular next season.

I guess that would mean that Locke, Eko, and Desmond will still be alive.

Personally I would like to see these things happen:

Eko beat Locke to a bloody pulp, break his fingers, legs and other multiple bones and organs for doing what he did.

Desmond to be alive, cause it would suck for Penny to get there and find him dead.

Half way through the trip on the boat, have Walt pull a gun and say 'Dad this is for the greater good,' shoot the unfeeling Michael repeatedly, drive the boat back and say to the "others" 'see, I told you I was committed to the cause' point the gun at Kate and say 'now let's finish what we started' and fade to black, ending the episode.

What I was really hoping to see:

As the Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley watch the boat speed away, Fenry would pull out a small remote and blow up Michael & Walt.
(that would put a smile on my face)
At that point Jack & company would be scared, and need a change of underwear, when Fenry says "we're the good guys"

This is of course my opinion, subject to revision and approval by my wife.

Offline becksmex

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 10:55:29 AM »
So here are my burning questions:

If Desmond made the plane crash by not pushing the button, what is going to be the consequence of Locke not pushing the button in the finale?  The charge obviously built up more than when Desmond missed it on 9/22/04 (now we know for sure the date they crashed was indeed in 2004!), so should we be looking for another crash?

Also, if the plan crashed because of Desmond's mistake, was it completely by accident? Was if fate? Or was it truly a conspiracy theory and Kelvin planned for Desmond to follow him that day?  More and more the giant conspiracy theory is sounding more ludicrous  to me...

Offline Stray

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »
Concerning Walt, they let him go, because they mentioned something along the lines of "Walt was more than we could handle". I don't remember the exact wording.

Also, did anyone catch the line from Hurley, when he asked Michael about killing Libby? He said something like, "you didn't have time so you killed Libby, but if you had enough time, you still would have killed her/them?"

- Stray

Offline daniels87

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 11:54:20 AM »
I watch lost religiously but have just started looking at these forums.  Did anyone else see the advertisement for Hanso careers during the commercials??  I just saw the end of it with the website www.hansocareers.com  am I really behind the times?  Is this old news?  There is a personal assistant job for a Thomas Werner Mittelwerk is this our "bearded" other?

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 12:22:33 PM »
they have a pic of mittelwerk up at thehansofoundation.org

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 01:22:27 PM »
As the Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley watch the boat speed away, Fenry would pull out a small remote and blow up Michael & Walt.
(that would put a smile on my face)

Oh Iwas so praying for the samething and Walt would jump out and be okay.
They said Walt provided them with a lot of information and learend all they could from him, like they were done with him.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 01:25:17 PM »
This is of course my opinion, subject to revision and approval by my wife.

the truest statement made on this board... ever!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 01:28:01 PM »
daniels87 we have an entire forum topic with lots of threads on how toplay the game try this link
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=1072.0