Author Topic: What's Up with Walt?  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
What's Up with Walt?
« on: May 23, 2006, 07:36:26 PM »
I think that Walt deserves a topic by himself.

My current theory about Walt is that he is able to appear to people, like he did Shannon, but only when he is not in "the room."  Perhaps he attempted to escape when he was first captured and was able to appear to Shannon.  He was wet because he had gone via the ocean.

Maybe what's in the smoke is a projection by Walt?  What are your thoughts?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What's Up with Walt?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 07:40:45 PM »
i think we are reading too far into Walt as well, they obviously want children for some sort of experiment, but this leads me to ask why they havent attempted to take Aaron, we know they wanted Aaron to begin with

they took Alex while she was a baby, they took those other children on flight 815 (what the hell happened to them btw)

once question, when Shannon saw Walt, was it raining?? I remember it raining, but I could be wrong

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 03:14:39 AM »
i think we are reading too far into Walt as well, they obviously want children for some sort of experiment, but this leads me to ask why they havent attempted to take Aaron, we know they wanted Aaron to begin with

It's true that we could be reading into it, but it seems like the story is leading us into it, in my opinion.

they took Alex while she was a baby, they took those other children on flight 815 (what the hell happened to them btw)

Yeah, I don't know what happened to the kids.  I always wondered how Zeke and people knew her name was Alex if she was stolen when she was only a week old.  Were they watching Rousseau?  Did she scream out, "No! Not Alex?"  How do the kidnappers know that her name was Alex?

once question, when Shannon saw Walt, was it raining?? I remember it raining, but I could be wrong
I think you're right.  I'm pretty sure it was raining.  Geez, thanks for killing some of my theories...

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 06:31:25 AM »
Alright, here we go people.... please bear with me :)

I think Walt appeared to Shannon because he gave her Vincent to care for.  Vincent isn't exactly your average dog....and I do suspect the writers will one day renew their script for the Island, from Vincent's perspective. Remember, in "Three Minutes," Walt screams out "How's Vincent?"  It wasn't because he missed his dog, it was because he was going to send a message to his dad via Vincent, the Dog of Doom (as Lindelof has called him).

I don't think Walt is there for an "experiment."  He's gifted and they know that.  They may want Aaron for the very same reason....

and now I'm probably going to piss some people off but here goes:  I don't believe Danielle killed her crew.  TheOthers as we know them were a science team, still are, and have Alex.  Danielle is the nutjob. Cassullivan at abc.com's site contributed to the theory that they banished Danielle, but I firmly believe TheOthers are Danielle's crew she never killed.  Not one iota of her Season 1 story has ever stood up as the truth--she's been lying her ass off from day 1 to our Losties.

Those are my thoughts about this subject, anyone else have any ideas?

*Des8

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 06:36:24 AM »
I think that Walt deserves a topic by himself.

My current theory about Walt is that he is able to appear to people, like he did Shannon, but only when he is not in "the room."  Perhaps he attempted to escape when he was first captured and was able to appear to Shannon.  He was wet because he had gone via the ocean.

Maybe what's in the smoke is a projection by Walt?  What are your thoughts?

to paraphrase a very wise man...

\/\/@I_7 @12e t3H d0o/\/\z012s!!!

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 09:11:47 AM »

Huh???????????????? Not very wise here. Please tell me what that says, please!!

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 09:20:54 AM »
Alright, here we go people.... please bear with me :)

I think Walt appeared to Shannon because he gave her Vincent to care for.  Vincent isn't exactly your average dog....and I do suspect the writers will one day renew their script for the Island, from Vincent's perspective. Remember, in "Three Minutes," Walt screams out "How's Vincent?"  It wasn't because he missed his dog, it was because he was going to send a message to his dad via Vincent, the Dog of Doom (as Lindelof has called him).

I don't think Walt is there for an "experiment."  He's gifted and they know that.  They may want Aaron for the very same reason....

and now I'm probably going to piss some people off but here goes:  I don't believe Danielle killed her crew.  TheOthers as we know them were a science team, still are, and have Alex.  Danielle is the nutjob. Cassullivan at abc.com's site contributed to the theory that they banished Danielle, but I firmly believe TheOthers are Danielle's crew she never killed.  Not one iota of her Season 1 story has ever stood up as the truth--she's been lying her ass off from day 1 to our Losties.

Those are my thoughts about this subject, anyone else have any ideas?

*Des8

ehhh i agree about Danielle, to an extent, i think she was kidnapped like claire was, had the baby then dumped in the jungle

however i dont agree with Walt and Vincent, i dont think they are that special, no more special than anyone else

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »
We have heard it from the beginning it seems... Walt is special.  It doesn't seem like this would be repeated on end unless there was some truth behind it.  I do not know what is is, but given the line of questioning as to whether he has ever shown up someplace he wasn't supposed to be...plus the fact that he has appeared to others.. this seems to be the latant talent he posesses, but may not be able to master and control on his own yet.  Contol of this ability could be what the Other/Dharma guys are working on.  Think what a double agent he could be for any country with this ability.  Especially if he not only visually appeared, but physically as well..enabling him to not just communicate with someone in another place (or time period like on Quantum Leap?) but to actually physically do something there/then.  This ability would be worth all the cost & trouble Craphole Island has caused.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 12:50:04 PM »
We have heard it from the beginning it seems... Walt is special.  It doesn't seem like this would be repeated on end unless there was some truth behind it.  I do not know what is is, but given the line of questioning as to whether he has ever shown up someplace he wasn't supposed to be...plus the fact that he has appeared to others.. this seems to be the latant talent he posesses, but may not be able to master and control on his own yet.  Contol of this ability could be what the Other/Dharma guys are working on.  Think what a double agent he could be for any country with this ability.  Especially if he not only visually appeared, but physically as well..enabling him to not just communicate with someone in another place (or time period like on Quantum Leap?) but to actually physically do something there/then.  This ability would be worth all the cost & trouble Craphole Island has caused.

ok now you got me thinking

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 01:01:21 PM »

Huh???????????????? Not very wise here. Please tell me what that says, please!!

walt are teh doomzors... look up "leet" on urbandictionary.com

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 02:47:32 PM »
You lost me bro.  You need to speaka da englase.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 05:42:15 PM »

I can read what you're saying, but I don't know what it means.  Walt ARE the DOOMZORS?  Where is that dictionary people keep talking about?  What are the doomzors?  Is this a spoiler by code or is it written in Canadian that I don't understand because I'm from the USA?   ;)

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 05:44:05 PM »
Doom-seers?  Walt is a doom-seer?  No idea, Mr. Dashwood.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 06:11:55 PM »

I can read what you're saying, but I don't know what it means.  Walt ARE the DOOMZORS?  Where is that dictionary people keep talking about?  What are the doomzors?  Is this a spoiler by code or is it written in Canadian that I don't understand because I'm from the USA?   ;)

leet (or /_337) as it might be commonly called is a written text which derives it's name from "elite"

it is the now often highly overused (and often poorly imitated - including me) method of typing that was used by "elite" computer hackers. (ex: Angelina Jolie's "Hackers")

It employs using broken english/grammar, codewords, and letter/character substitution to convey its message.

ThE MoSt cOmMoN oFFshOoT of L337 wAs tYpiNg LikE tHiS.

other examples:

PWNED = owned, you've been embarassed
b0x0rS = computer
r0x0rs /\/\y b0x0r5 = that's amazing!
d0o/\/\z0r5 - something really really bad, or really, really good... depending on your perspective

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 12:36:52 PM »

Here's the link to the glossary:
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=1114.0

Let's not get overly caught up with l337 speak.  I think it defeats the purpose of communicating when you try to exclude a large percentage of people, like your average poster on this forum.