Author Topic: Injuries cause the insanity!  (Read 1677 times)

Offline nightfly2000

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Injuries cause the insanity!
« on: May 25, 2006, 03:30:40 PM »
Here's my theory on LOST and the "sickness"..... if you think back to the pilot, jack had a wound Kate had to stitch up. He soon saw he dead dad around the island. Then later, Sawyer was accidently stabbed in the arm...soon after he thought a bore was out to get him...then sayid got a nice blow to the head from the radio incident, he soom heard whispering. Then charlie had a wound from a falling rock, now look how evil he is. Locke took a wound to the leg, now he lost faith..my threoy is that injury has an effect...like that's how the "sickness" enters the body.....what do you think? 

Offline Hanso

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Injuries cause the insanity!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:46:06 PM »
Hmm i would disagree, for example Shannon seeing Walt, Ecko seeing his brother, Hurley seeing Dave.. I think the survivors are in some way slowly losing the plot but not due to injury. At first I thought it was just post traumatic stress, but the chances of that many people having the exact same sort of irregularity in seeing things/people not there seems more pathological as you suggest.
You also see a lot of major personality changes in people too:
Jack is becoming increasingly more aggresive than initially. Sawyer is becoming a lot more sympathetic, Locke is losing faith and becoming anti social, and of course Michael too.
I just think that much like the characters of 'Lord of the Flies' the persona of all the protagonists seems to be changing gradually, and yes I believe this could be the infection we'v heard about slowly taking effect..
What you reckon?

Offline nightfly2000

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 10:55:12 PM »
Excelent theroy...... I still wanna stick to my theory, but your point is valid with well researched reasons......BTW, have you noticed that this looks like henry gale? click on it to make it larger....i THINK it is....
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:00:01 PM by nightfly2000 »

Offline Hanso

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 12:46:32 AM »
I dont reckon thats Henry Gale but the guy sure does look creepy, I'd be gutted if he was my doctor, haha! :D