Author Topic: John Locke marches on!  (Read 4616 times)

Offline president_locke

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
John Locke marches on!
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:50:56 PM »
Towards the end, Locke is sitting on the beach looking out into the ocean like he normally does, then he cuts away his leg splints and hikes off away from the funeral.

Where do you think he is going? Did he get another inspiration from the island? Is he going after the others himself? Is he going back to The Pearl?

Offline Goldmund

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: John Locke marches on!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:49:13 PM »
I think John is starting to realize that whatever power the island has is man made, not mystical. This obviously isn't sitting with him well. He is tired of being manipulated. I think he is about to have a major freak out. Rambo anyone?

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
pres, you're avy is GOLD!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 04:46:58 PM »
I think John is starting to realize that whatever power the island has is man made, not mystical. This obviously isn't sitting with him well. He is tired of being manipulated. I think he is about to have a major freak out. Rambo anyone?

I am with you on this. I think he is completely lost (if you will) and needs to find some answer and direction. Eko did not get him to still believe in the hatch. He needs a new obsession or he will lose it.

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 06:23:46 PM »
Greetings. Add me to the list of longtime readers, first time posters.

Where do you think he is going? Did he get another inspiration from the island? Is he going after the others himself? Is he going back to The Pearl?

I am with you on this. I think he is completely lost (if you will) and needs to find some answer and direction. Eko did not get him to still believe in the hatch. He needs a new obsession or he will lose it.

I believe Locke to be heading back to the Swan Hatch to confront Eko on [not] pushing the button. Locke appeared to remove the leg splint and walk away with a strong look of confidence and determination. He possibly has a new inspiration from the island, just not how one would assume. Perhaps, he is now motivated by a much deeper, complex, vision as to the happenings on the island.

Eko may have reached the point of realization/clarity Locke had already stumbled upon while gaining entrance to the Swan and is pacing behind Locke in terms of self-realization/enlightenment. Alternatively, Eko has somehow managed to look beyond Locke's vail of emotional frustration and inner-personal conflict to percieve things as they really are (in terms of the island and its powers).

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 06:25:42 PM »
glad to meet you... now do your rounds at the Community Longe!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 06:39:59 PM by OLLY-wood »

Offline president_locke

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 06:35:18 PM »
Thanks Olly.

I just re-watch the previews for the next episode and it does show Locke yelling at Eko in the hatch. Which hatch, I don't know, but probably the Swan.

I would like to see Locke figure out where that air chute goes or sneak across the island to where the Others are staying. If Locke could free Walt, then he could help him develop his powers maybe and use them against the Others.

I also want Locke to beat up Charlie again for good measure. I just think Charlie deserves it. I mean, he threw away all that heroine in Sawyer's tent that Jack could have used to ease peoples pain if they were super hurt like Libby was. But noooooo.....Charlie only thinks of Charlie. Locke needs to punk him out again and slap him.

Offline Goldmund

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 08:14:24 PM »
Perhaps, he is now motivated by a much deeper, complex, vision as to the happenings on the island.

I agree with this. He is definitely not the kinda of person to just let something go.

Eko may have reached the point of realization/clarity Locke had already stumbled upon while gaining entrance to the Swan and is pacing behind Locke in terms of self-realization/enlightenment. Alternatively, Eko has somehow managed to look beyond Locke's vail of emotional frustration and inner-personal conflict to percieve things as they really are (in terms of the island and its powers).

Seems like Eko is slighty blinded by his religious faith, while John is beginning to get weary, having had a lot of experience in getting conned. Almost like John knows when something is too good to be true. I think Eko still believes the island to be some sort of mystical place because of the religious infleunce. Meanwhile, it seems to be panning out to be human ran experiments.The "incident" could turn out to be some sort of mystical phenomenon, though.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:11:15 PM by Goldmund »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 11:03:11 PM »
John is pissed that he has been pushing that button for no reason, he believes, and he wants ansers from the island now. His new focus will be solving the islands mysteries.

Offline andersinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 05:21:57 AM »
I think charlie was more than happy without knowing where the heroine was, but once he found out he needed to get rid of temptation. I've got a family member whose an ex-heroine addict and he says that kicking the habit is one of the hardest things in the world. Now that Charlie knows the smack is gone he can't be tempted and for Charlie to be the one to destroy it is very comendable.