Author Topic: How to paste a picture?  (Read 30006 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
How to paste a picture?
« on: May 19, 2006, 11:14:36 AM »
I have a map I wanted to put in a post. It is saved on my computer. I tried to copy and then paste it in my post and that did not work. I tried the insert button on the post that did not work. Any suggestions?

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: How to paste a picture?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 12:26:27 PM »
jugdish, you have to get it on the internet somehow first.  If you don't have a webpage to do this with, then you can use a free picture host.  What I use is photobucket, since it's not complicated.  Just sign up and load the photo.  When you're done, it'll give you a few links for that photo, one of which is between [ img ] [ /img ] tags (just without the spaces, and with the URL of the photo in between).  Just cut and paste it here and try it out, we'll let you know if it's working.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »
Thanks I will try it later.

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 11:16:13 AM »
Fanx jugdish and PandoraX, I have been meaning to ask that too!

My husband's got a photobucket account, he helped me do my signature etc. so I'm going to get him to do the pet photos later!

:)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 04:42:57 PM »
You should also be able to ATTACH images to a post - in which case they will be hosted on this server, but there is a limit on size. You should see this option in the ADDITIONAL OPTIONS area under the message composition box.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 06:50:09 PM »
Thanks sledge, but I actually looked for the attach option before, and didn't see it anywhere.

In Additional Options, users have:

Notify me of replies
Return to this topic
Don't use smileys

(I also have a few mod functions like lock, sticky or move topic, but that's it)

Unless I'm missing something, that is.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 03:53:40 PM »
Thanks sledge, but I actually looked for the attach option before, and didn't see it anywhere.

In Additional Options, users have:

Notify me of replies
Return to this topic
Don't use smileys

(I also have a few mod functions like lock, sticky or move topic, but that's it)

Unless I'm missing something, that is.
I have "Notify me of replies" "return to this topic" "don't use smileys" and an Attach: box. The problem is that the largest size picture you could get on here would be about 200x200 pixels or something like that, so the best option for a large picture is photobucket. If the pic is too large (1 MB) they will automatically shrink it for you.