Author Topic: not a ton to talk about?! lol  (Read 15695 times)

Offline jartog

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
not a ton to talk about?! lol
« on: May 18, 2006, 10:40:59 AM »
last nights show was somewhat uneventful but its just because its the buildup to the finale

Offline Usagi

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: not a ton to talk about?! lol
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 01:34:13 PM »
Not a whole lot happened, but we know a few things that didn't happen and some things got clarified.

A few things I found interesting.

Walt screaming "They're not who they say they are.  It's all Pretend."
Seems to validate the discovery made in Claire's episode where we learn the disshevled look is a big act.
If that look is an act, then that "village" Michael saw seems to be an extension of that. 
You only put on costumes to be seen in them.  They put on the outfits and created that Canvas Tent village so Michael would have a schewed idea of how they live. 
For some reason, aside from appearing ellusive, they want to the plane survivors to think they're 'Hut People' as opposed to the clean shaven professionals Claire vaguely remembers.

"They make me take Tests."  Walt says to Michael, before being immediately Hushed by Mrs Clue (har har).
They're testing Walt, and Mrs Clue asked Michael if Walt ever 'Appeared' anywhere he wasn't supposed to be; something we've seen him do.  It would appear that they're testing him regarding his unique abilities, what he can do and how he does it.  In this light the blood taken from Michael would be part of a scientific effort to isolate what makes Walt distinct.

"Do you want to go back to The Room?"  Walt immediately stopped talking.  It appears the Island has it's own Room 101.  Or at least some sort of disciplinary room discussed in such brief and elusory tones so as to indicate it may come into play later.  And walt's been there.  So we know he's acted up. 

"Something has developed."   From the way this was brought up, it appears that they did not plan on Henry Gale being captured.  This is important.  Also, Michael was coerced to let Gale free, as opposed to being brainwashed/drugged or something else.  Threatening him w/ Walt is the easiest and best choice, but it's worth clarifying that he didn't "Become an Other" or something else.

The Vaccine - someone on here pointed out that the Pearl Station doors didn't have Quarantine written on them.  The Others seemed to be uptight about vaccinating people (claire's episode).  Desmond injected himself with similar stuff.  Roussaou said her crew got Infected.  What this crazy disease is has yet to be settled.  But the suppliers for the Swan Station are replenishing the inhabitants w/ vaccine and Charlie took some.  Didn't seem like much at the time, but I"m guessing it'll come into play later.

"You know him as Sawyer"  Sawyer's real name isn't something that has gotten around a whole lot.  Nobody uses it.  Michael didn't know it.  Hurley knew it from the roster, Locke knew it.  But who has seen his Last name?  This indicates either exceptionally good spying (not as likely) or that they knew people who would be on the plane (where advertisements about the season finale seem to be heading).  Almost moot to bring up considering we'll know more abotu that in a week but whatever.

THe List   -   Why them?  They seem to have interest in the special abilities of the island, understanding Walt's abilities, etc., so Hurley, who has been most touched by The Numbers, would make sense from a scientific investigation perspective.  Sawyer and Kate don't have abilities and weren't touched by mystical happenings before or as soon as they touched down on the island, so that could be politically motivated (remove capable movers and shakers among the group).  Jack, the Dr. and Leader of the survivors so that applies to him as well, but his father... is a bit of a wild card.  Not only is he enigmatic and duplicitouss, he wasn't in his coffin when he supposed to be dead.  Sure that's season 1 and Jack was a little crazy at the time, but I haven't let that go.  So there may be more to his or Jack's relationship w/ the island

Pardon the extensive nature of this.  All the best everyone.

Offline Tilam

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »
I think this week's episode set-up next week's episode nicely. One thing I have convinced myself of is that Walt is NOT Michael's son. The blood work, the insistent questions from Ms. Klugh, the relentless meme of "my son" seems to be a definite set-up for that bomb being dropped.

Also, destroying the father-son bond between Michael and Walt allows the producers to kill off Michael but keep Walt for future use.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 03:54:04 PM »
Maybe they all have some connection to "an other"
Like maybe Jack's father is alive and is among the others.
Maybe something similar with Kate,Hurley and Sawyer.
I also think the others have some sort of list of everyone that was on the plane, remember the other side of the island when they took the children and the people on a list?
And what was the pink piece of paper that Michael was burning?
Was it the list of names? If so wasn't that yellow?? (maybe a prop mistake?)
It looks like we will find out a lot more in next weeks season finale.  I can't wait!!!   

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »
Here's one thing that really bugs me........at the funeral, Jack refers to ANAL's full name but Hurley just refers to Libby as Libby.  As the keeper of the manifest/census, Hurley should know Libby's last name. Especially if he was trying to remember her from the past - he would have looked at the manifest again - right?  I do know the rumors around Libby's last name - but it really bugged me during the funeral scene.

OK my 2 cents for the day

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »
What are the rumors about Libby's name?
It seems that they mentioned A.Lucia's last name more than once
like we need to know that her last name was Cortez for some reason.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »
Usagi You make some good points. I still think it was a weak show as far as making huge advancements in the story. I do think it was a good set up for the season final.

Offline mollyh

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 04:52:49 PM »
Libby's last name hasn't been revealed yet (on purpose i believe). For example another oppurtunity for them to reveal it was durning the scence where Sawyer told JAck he was his friend and they discussed Ana lulu's last name. For specualtion on Libby's last name we should check the spoiler board b/c those living spoiler free might view it as such. I liked last night's epi but i didn't really think there were any SHOCKING wow moments. I thought it was a great setup episode and also felt that it confirmed many theories I have had in the past about the others and walt. Today I was thinking about the list and think that maybe the reason for the list might have to do with the fact that Jack, Kate and Sawyer all went after michael in the epi "The Hunting Party." But this excludes Hurley (though his strong connection with the numbers are probably involved in his choice.) Another common thread between them is that they have all been responsible for the death of a family member either directly or indirectly in thier flashbacks.

Kate: she blew up her dad up
Jack: turned his father for drinking on the job and therefore he traveled to sydney and drank
  himself to death
Hurley: His association with the numbers caused his grandpa Tito to pass
Sawyer: (its a strech) but his mother sacrificed her life for his when his dad shot his mom and himself after the real Saywer tricked his mom.

Offline erinml

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 05:14:58 PM »
I really liked last nights episode...  it seems they got back to some more of the artistic and heart-wrenching aspects that I enjoyed so much in Season 1.  Like the scene with Eko helping to clean up Libby's blood, and him wringing out the rag.  I was choking back tears during Michael and Walt's 3-minute visit.  I definately think there is a connection between the Others, Oceanic, and Dharma/Hanso.  I was wondering if the list of 4 people they want is 2 "good" ones and 2 "bad" ones??

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »
Hurely had the manifest but maybe at some point, he lost it,or he never thought it important enough to look up Libby'slast name.he took her for what she was.he couldn't even remember if she was a shrink or a psychologist.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 06:04:44 PM »

Today I was thinking about the list and think that maybe the reason for the list might have to do with the fact that Jack, Kate and Sawyer all went after michael in the epi "The Hunting Party." But this excludes Hurley (though his strong connection with the numbers are probably involved in his choice.) Another common thread between them is that they have all been responsible for the death of a family member either directly or indirectly in thier flashbacks
Wasn't Locke also in that Hunting party though?
I likeyour theroies though.And interesting that in the Hatch we have Hurley,Sawyer, Kate and Jack with Michael no one else.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 06:05:14 PM »
Saywer killed the wrong man in australia after drinking with Jack's dad. Adds to your theory.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 06:06:47 PM »
It allowed Michael to ask them all. I think the writers did that so he could ask them.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 06:07:26 PM »
Today I was thinking about the list and think that maybe the reason for the list might have to do with the fact that Jack, Kate and Sawyer all went after michael in the epi "The Hunting Party." But this excludes Hurley (though his strong connection with the numbers are probably involved in his choice.) Another common thread between them is that they have all been responsible for the death of a family member either directly or indirectly in thier flashbacks
Wasn't Locke also in that Hunting party though?
I likeyour theroies though.And interesting that in the Hatch we have Hurley,Sawyer, Kate and Jack with Michael no one else.

One more post and you are a redshirt. Congrats!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 06:15:52 PM »
Thanks Jugdish I made it Whopeee :) I think it was in comments under community about Wisconsin and Minn :)