Author Topic: Possible Connection  (Read 2451 times)

Offline redshadow

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Possible Connection
« on: May 18, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »
I have been thinking about the connections between everyone and I think that we will find out that Locke's father is the origional "Sawyer" who conned James Ford's parents.  He is a hell of a con man from what we have seen in Locke's episodes, and I think it would fit perfectly.

Offline bradman006

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Connection
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:31:20 AM »
 ;D :D

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 04:39:52 PM »
This makes sense.

Offline Hanso

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 05:51:15 PM »
could be a very interesting plot addition

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 11:53:49 AM »
So Sawyer is really pissed off (pardon my french) at the original Sawyer, as I recall.  What would he do if he found out that Locke was his son?  Of course Locke would side with him, given his back story.  And if Sawyer heard what he did to his own son, he may be happy he got off so easy himself.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 12:07:24 PM »
Good season ender. Lockes dad is on the island and Locke is all sad a weepy at the sight of his beloved father and Saywer wants to kick the guys a$$.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »
Locke, given the previous treatment by his father, feed up with the numbers, loss of faith.... he would join Sawyer in a game of kick butt on Daddy.

But Dad is HIM!  With plenty of protection from our guys.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 01:57:45 AM »
Actually, at LostMedia Locke's father was credited as to appear in a future episode at the time of the post (Season 2) and was also playing the real Sawyer, so this probably wasn't too far off base.

Why did they dump the epi?  Who knows... they dumped the Vincent-centric epi because Kristen from E! let the cat out of the bag; they dumped several epis this year that were either written or were reading for filming.  Just like the Ana Lucia story wasn't fully developed.  The official party line of her being on the show for one year only from the beginning was BS... and you could see it while Michelle Rodriguez went on her press tour after her character was killed off.

*Des8

Offline nightfly2000

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 08:28:28 PM »
wouldn't it be GREAT if Mr. Friendy turned out to be thw con man that conned sawyers parents?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 08:47:20 PM »
No general consensus is that it Locke's dad.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 04:04:34 AM »
Geromino:

No general consensus that it was Locke's Dad who was the original Sawyer, or that Locke's Dad is MrFriendly (who we all know isn't.)?

In the preview that ABC gives out about 4 episodes ahead crediting each actor, The real Sawyer was credited as being the same actor as that who played Locke's Dad, early on in Season 2.  Why it never aired?  I don't know.  I'll see if I can go back and find it.... keep our fingers crossed!

cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 01:15:38 PM »
Geromino:

No general consensus that it was Locke's Dad who was the original Sawyer, or that Locke's Dad is MrFriendly (who we all know isn't.)?

In the preview that ABC gives out about 4 episodes ahead crediting each actor, The real Sawyer was credited as being the same actor as that who played Locke's Dad, early on in Season 2.  Why it never aired?  I don't know.  I'll see if I can go back and find it.... keep our fingers crossed!

cheers
*Des8
Thee was a line in the Locke back story about getting the money for his dad, thar would have tied his father to being the real Sawyer but line was cut.

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 04:11:01 PM »
I have been thinking about the connections between everyone and I think that we will find out that Locke's father is the origional "Sawyer" who conned James Ford's parents.  He is a hell of a con man from what we have seen in Locke's episodes, and I think it would fit perfectly.

DUDE! You so read my mind!!!! I just watched episode 2x04 last nite. I was thinking the same thing. U owe me a taco man  ;D

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »
Geromino:

cheers
*Des8
Thee was a line in the Locke back story about getting the money for his dad, thar would have tied his father to being the real Sawyer but line was cut.

Naw, it wasn't that... it was a pre-show credit listed at LostMedia.com that had the actor who previously played Locke's Dad to play the "real Sawyer" in the credits.  I'll see if I can find it.

cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 04:33:13 PM »
Geromino:

cheers
*Des8

Naw, it wasn't that... it was a pre-show credit listed at LostMedia.com that had the actor who previously played Locke's Dad to play the "real Sawyer" in the credits.  I'll see if I can find it.

cheers
*Des8
I one of the producers podcast the mentioned they dropped the reference  for latter on.