Poll

... good or bad?

Good idea!
3 (75%)
Bad idea!
1 (25%)
I'm not good at making judgmental decisions!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Bringing back the original cast..  (Read 1034 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Bringing back the original cast..
« on: June 05, 2014, 12:55:44 PM »
The old gang is returning for more Star Wars. They tried it with Indiana Jones. Will it work for Star Wars?

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
Re: Bringing back the original cast..
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »
I think the problem with Indiana Jones was George Lucas.  Since he won't be involved in the new Star Wars, I think it will work.  And after seeing Super 8 and Star Trek: Into Darkness, I am super excited about them letting JJ Abrams direct it. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »
I am almost always of the opinion that it is better to bring back old cast members to reprise roles than to attempt to bring in new faces. The character will be portrayed differently if someone else is the actor. That's what acting typically is. The question then remains: do we want to see a Star Wars with a bunch of 60-year-old actors? Or do we want a completely new story altogether?

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 03:24:58 PM »
I am almost always of the opinion that it is better to bring back old cast members to reprise roles than to attempt to bring in new faces. The character will be portrayed differently if someone else is the actor. That's what acting typically is. The question then remains: do we want to see a Star Wars with a bunch of 60-year-old actors? Or do we want a completely new story altogether?

I kind of wish they would do new movies set in The Old Republic storyline from the games.