Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 9249 times)

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 06:36:01 AM »
I watch the Talking Dead most of the time.  It usually depends on who the guest are.  Did you see the episode where Hershel was on with his severed head prosthetic?
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 12:54:02 PM »
what i like about it is just that, no gratuitous gruesome pics. yeah, its strong, i wouldnt let children watch it, but i think it's view-able without getting grossed out and sick. for example, i gave up Spartacus because of the exaggerated gratuitous torture and blood and all that and more together. made me sick to see it.

I do get pretty grossed out but I am getting tougher...  :P
One person I can't stand (this will probably piss people off) is Rick.  I hate the way he talks!  I know he is a Britt trying to do an American southern accent but his speach really really annoys me.  It's like he lowers his voice about 10 octaves or something.  Idk..I am just not a Rick fan.  Anyway...I guess I needed to share that. 
Do you all watch the talking dead after the show?

I watch The Talking Dead about half the time. Maybe we could start a show that dicusses what happened on The Talking Dead? And, the unique thing about our show is we could be walking as we talked. So, we'd call it The Talking Walking Talking Dead.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »
what i like about it is just that, no gratuitous gruesome pics. yeah, its strong, i wouldnt let children watch it, but i think it's view-able without getting grossed out and sick. for example, i gave up Spartacus because of the exaggerated gratuitous torture and blood and all that and more together. made me sick to see it.

One person I can't stand (this will probably piss people off) is Rick.  I hate the way he talks!  I know he is a Britt trying to do an American southern accent but his speach really really annoys me.  It's like he lowers his voice about 10 octaves or something.  Idk..I am just not a Rick fan.  Anyway...I guess I needed to share that. 

I watch The Talking Dead about half the time. Maybe we could start a show that dicusses what happened on The Talking Dead? And, the unique thing about our show is we could be walking as we talked. So, we'd call it The Talking Walking Talking Dead.

I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »
I watch the Talking Dead most of the time.  It usually depends on who the guest are.  Did you see the episode where Hershel was on with his severed head prosthetic?
No!! Damn it!  I have missed a bunch of them because I had to switch channels  to watch something else .  I think they are on the website though and one of these days I will go thru and find it

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 07:51:37 PM »

Hahaha lets do it!!

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »
Started watching this on Netflix so I am a season behind.  I've only been able to see through Season 3.  May have to skip this thread to avoid spoilers.    Netflix has me started on several series but then I end up waiting for the last season to be posted.  I was really enjoying Sons of Anarchy but its been so long since I've seen it I don't know if I can remember where the story line left off

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »
Started watching this on Netflix so I am a season behind.  I've only been able to see through Season 3.  May have to skip this thread to avoid spoilers.    Netflix has me started on several series but then I end up waiting for the last season to be posted.  I was really enjoying Sons of Anarchy but its been so long since I've seen it I don't know if I can remember where the story line left off

You can find an online streaming place to watch season 4... it's a bit slow compared to the others, but it gives some more insight into the characters.
Unfortunately i'm with Debbs, i don't like Rick... i don't want him to die, but im not a fan either LOL if it comes between him and Daryl, i'll take Daryl to live anytime! he's more likely to keep the rest of them alive than Rick hehehe

anyways, S4 is slower, but it is worth watching.

and as for you forgetting SoA?? not likely, you got the memory of an elephant lol

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »
I had shoulder surgery in December and had a lot of free time during recovery. They replayed them all so I recorded them all and got caught up. Enjoy it. Thought most of the last 8 were very boring except the one where they had the kid killing and the last one. Good to get everyone back together.

Offline TXFlyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 08:36:49 PM »
I keep waiting for Season 4 on Netflix. 

HOW THE HECK ARE YOU JUGGY?  Aside from the shoulder thing.  It's good to "see" you again.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »
I'm really good. Last day of work tomorrow for the year. Then it is fun in the sun.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 06:01:30 AM »
I first started watching about a month ago.  I binge-watched it all the way up to the end (so far).  Binge-watching is the way to go.  Rick's accent really bugged me at first because I didn't know he is a Brit.  Now that I know, I can forgive him for talking that way.  Maggie's accent seemed a bit forced at first, but it's better now.  She's a Brit, too.  I was so happy when Carol executed Lizzie.  That kid gave me the heeby jeebies.  I think Beth didn't drive off without Daryl.  I think she was taken by the Termites.  She would never have abandoned him like that.  I'm getting a feeling that Terminus isn't as evil as we think.  Maybe Gareth is a good guy?  I expect Carol and What's-his-name (Sorry.  Senior moment.) to save Rick and Co.

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 01:13:53 PM »
It didn't get too much love with Emmy nominations.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 02:23:26 AM »
Terminus = cannibals!!!!!

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile