Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 9251 times)

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
The Walking Dead
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:38:42 PM »
Ok I can't be the only one on here who loves this show.  Anyone?
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:56:49 PM »
I can't believe I'm posting here again!!!!   LOVE~!

I am obsessed with TWD.  IS everyone here caught up to date with the show - meaning we have all seen Season 4 Finale????  If so - let's start there!!!! Terminus?!?!?!?!?

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:34:02 PM »
I am not a zombie person, but I got roped into the last few episodes on this season, and what caught me and will get me to watch next season was the mythology of the terminus.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 07:23:33 AM »
I'm caught up and pretty excited for the premiere.  I think it was a mistake for the Termites to put all of Rick's group in one place.  I bet the new season starts out with a prison break.  Also, where does everyone think Beth is??

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 05:52:50 PM »
I think Beth is going to be a major help in S5.  I'm not sure who took her - I want to lean towards good guys but part of me feels like she was captured by Termites.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 06:08:31 PM »
I like it. used to LOVE it, now i just like it... almost gave it up when Hershel suddenly grew his own leg for an epi or two and was then killed just cause. but i do watch it when it's on, just not with the same passion has before.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 06:34:42 PM »
Watching and like the show, but like Pauinha, I'm not loving it as much as I used to. I think they are having a hard time figuring out what to do with the show right now. There needs to be a bigger picture story somewhere. Otherwise, it's just more of the same. So, hopefully Terminus leads to some connections to a broader story and not just another Governor type situation.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 07:35:51 PM »
Can we possibly get this show it's own mini forum like 24 and GoT and call it...wait for it...The Walking Sledge. 

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 09:13:41 PM »
 ;D

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »
Watching and like the show, but like Pauinha, I'm not loving it as much as I used to. I think they are having a hard time figuring out what to do with the show right now. There needs to be a bigger picture story somewhere. Otherwise, it's just more of the same. So, hopefully Terminus leads to some connections to a broader story and not just another Governor type situation.

LIKE! *we need a Like button on the posts... ;) *

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 12:51:42 AM »
Can we possibly get this show it's own mini forum like 24 and GoT and call it...wait for it...The Walking Sledge. 

Do you not have those powers? Oh, alright, I'll do it! But you have to move all these posts over!!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »
I love the show but I agree with Sledge & and Paula. 
I stopped watching in S1 because I was constantly getting grossed out and I am not a big zombie fan.  (I wasn't a big zombie fan)  I picked it up again around S2 and I am really glad I did.

I was really pissed when they killed Hershel after he suddenly grew a leg  :P but aside from inconsistent stuff like that I still find this show one of the BEST on TV right now.   
I want to know what happened to Beth too!!

"Look at the flowers"

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »
I'm glad you didn't give up Deb.  I think it's one of the best things on TV and even though it can be gruesome, I don't find it to be gratuitous. 

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 11:58:04 PM »
what i like about it is just that, no gratuitous gruesome pics. yeah, its strong, i wouldnt let children watch it, but i think it's view-able without getting grossed out and sick. for example, i gave up Spartacus because of the exaggerated gratuitous torture and blood and all that and more together. made me sick to see it.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 01:19:02 AM »
what i like about it is just that, no gratuitous gruesome pics. yeah, its strong, i wouldnt let children watch it, but i think it's view-able without getting grossed out and sick. for example, i gave up Spartacus because of the exaggerated gratuitous torture and blood and all that and more together. made me sick to see it.

I do get pretty grossed out but I am getting tougher...  :P
One person I can't stand (this will probably piss people off) is Rick.  I hate the way he talks!  I know he is a Britt trying to do an American southern accent but his speach really really annoys me.  It's like he lowers his voice about 10 octaves or something.  Idk..I am just not a Rick fan.  Anyway...I guess I needed to share that. 
Do you all watch the talking dead after the show?