Author Topic: What shall we do with this place?  (Read 37442 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
What shall we do with this place?
« on: May 31, 2014, 03:56:03 PM »
Hello all.

So, since this is your community, what would you like to do with it moving forward?

A lot of sections of this forum aren't used much any more. Do we want to remove those, archive them somewhere else? What do you all think?

Also, do you want new areas on the forum? Should the forum be renamed / rebranded and try to grow the community further? Or should it just stay as is to a memorial of olden days? And just be a home for a small group of users to keep up with each other?

If anyone wants to help moderate and clean up the forum, let me know. And, in general, let me know what you guys want to do with this community and the outer shell site as well.

Thank you,
Sledge

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
Re: What shall we do with this place?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 10:16:34 PM »
Ok I would vote to archive the stuff that doesn't get used as opposed to removal.  I mean with 24 coming back, is it unbelievable that we would see more lost in some form?  Yes to new forums and rebrand, but leave an area like the Community Lounge for those of us who are family. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
I think we need some new wallpaper, possibly an upgrade to fixtures...oh and the hallway light keeps blinking for no apparent reason. ...

That said, I agree on archiving old threads. A rebrand and new threads could be fun. .....

abbiegaill444

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »
I agree with archives. It would be a shame to just see it all disappear forever.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 06:40:28 AM »
Agreed with the archives and for now can we just let this grow organically?  If after a reasonable time if nothing blossoms then we start on the rebranding.  And I agree with Thlay about Community Lounge...

I am not sure about new folks right away either.

I am willing to help in anyway! 

Offline POLLENZ

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »
i agree with archiving rather than removing,
Agreed with the archives and for now can we just let this grow organically?  If after a reasonable time if nothing blossoms then we start on the rebranding.  And I agree with Thlay about Community Lounge...

I am not sure about new folks right away either.

I am willing to help in anyway! 
I agree with LiL, archive old threads, and see how it pans out before any major changes.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »
Yeah, I'm on-board with the archiving, leave the Community Lounge and then see what happens.

I have to be honest...  I would kind of like to revisit some LOST discussion 4 years later, like in terms of looking back at the series as a whole and the key themes and conversation topics.  Now that we can look back with perspective, it could be fun.  But I guess we'll have to see how that grows organically as well.   :)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »
If we could put all the LOST stuff together into one section, we could simply have this forum be devoted to discussion of various TV shows. LOST would simply be one of the many sections of discussion. If we archive it, I'd like it to be visible so we could go back and look over the things we discussed previously.

We could rename this from SWLS to simply Sledgeweb's TV Show Forum, or some similar thing. Even just calling it Hall of SledgeWeb would be ok. :P But I do think removing LOST from the title would be more effective at bringing in newbies.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »
I agree with everyone 

Achieve and leave the community lounge as is.   
I don't want the name to change for sentimental reasons but it makes sense to update it

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »
Another vote for archiving and keeping the community lounge. I like JBRam's idea of putting all the LOST stuff into one section, and then create other sections for different shows. For sentimental reasons I'm not sure if I would like a name change, though...but like Locke said, "Change is good, Hugo."

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 08:31:42 PM »
LOL. I'm kind of surprised people want to keep the name! When I started this site, I just put up a page for myself - thus the name. I always felt it was funny when it grew into something larger that it had my name in it, and seemed out of place. Anyone remember when the site looked something like this: http://web.archive.org/web/20050507064646/http://lost.cubit.net/

That wasn't even the very beginning.

Keep the ideas rolling. Thanks!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 09:41:57 PM »
 WHOO HOO I am finally in I agree with Debbie leave it as it is a lot of memories  of four years of posting. Leave community open so we can all reconnect (even though all friends on FB) and be like the finale this is our church  :)

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 10:44:14 PM »
WHOO HOO I am finally in I agree with Debbie leave it as it is a lot of memories  of four years of posting. Leave community open so we can all reconnect (even though all friends on FB) and be like the finale this is our church :)

I like that concept!  It is, isn't it?

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 11:00:49 PM »
Love it!  Even though I feel super close to many of you through FB - it is super fun to know we all still watch the same {amazing} shows! 

I posted elsewhere I wanna talk TWD (the walking dead!)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 12:31:06 PM »
Okay, for now, it will stay as-is. I might slowly start tweaking a new theme/skin for the forum. If we want to do something with the forum, I'm thinking of rebranding it as "Sledgeweb's Gourmet TV Dinners". It will largely be the same short term - with all the LOST stuff being moved to a LOST section of the site and other shows we like having their own sections. For now, most my attention is on fundraising for my film project.