Author Topic: What have you all been up to since we left the island?  (Read 11027 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: What have you all been up to since we left the island?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 08:22:15 PM »
Woo hoo! I'm in!  4 years....  my baby girl, Quincy, is now 5!  My big girl, Sam, is now a teenager (no one told me teens are harder than toddlers).  I quit to stay home with Q, then went back to work at the school 3 years ago when a job opened. 

My life is very much the same....

But I am sitting on a cruise right now waiting to head out to sea!  Woo hoo!

Are you sure you are LB you are not in pink!!!!!!!  Enjoy your cruise!

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 11:09:51 PM »
Wow, the changes in technologies since we were all last active!  Now we are saying "Like" for replies!  I just have not been able to find another forum I liked.  Thank you so much for getting this one reactivated!

I've instinctively looked for the "like" button at least 2-3 times already!

It's so weird the way everything changes but still stays the same - same house, same job, same pets, new TV shows.  The only big change in my life is my wife and I are expecting our a baby girl (our first) in August.  We are exciting and terrified, of course!

And here I am, posting on SWLS again and it feels like no time has passed.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 08:55:08 AM »
Wow, the changes in technologies since we were all last active!  Now we are saying "Like" for replies!  I just have not been able to find another forum I liked.  Thank you so much for getting this one reactivated!

It's so weird the way everything changes but still stays the same - same house, same job, same pets, new TV shows.  The only big change in my life is my wife and I are expecting our a baby girl (our first) in August.  We are exciting and terrified, of course!

Awe so sweet to see you posting and sharing on here.  You will be wonderful parents!  Kate promised to be the Nanny ;-)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »
Four years has been a while.

So to sum up. In August 2010, wifey and I had our first year anniversary. We bought a house, got new cars, another dog. I'm now working for my dad and about ready to probably take over his business in a few years. I'm currently training our new guy that I was instrumental in hiring. Wifey's business is the same, and booming. We have a 19-month old boy who is adorable. See Facebook for about a billion pictures. Online, I call him Chibi.

I started doing Let's Play youtube videos, which basically is a walkthrough of video games with live commentary. I recently got a Youtube Partnership, so I am now making (a very small amount of) money from the vids. I joined another forum (with an emphasis on gaming) where I am a mod of the creative writing section. I somehow am the poster with the second-most posts there. -shrug- It just happens, guys, I swear.

On that forum, there are several role-plays that I'm involved with. Basically, writing a creative story with a large group of people based in a particular setting. The top three that I'm involved with now are based in Persona, Kingdom Hearts, and Mass Effect, respectively. There also have been several original universe settings. These all fall under my Creative Writing modship section.

Since LOST ended, I really haven't found any TV shows that I've followed to the same degree. However, I have been getting more interested in political stuff. Gary and I started a podcast on politics called The Disgruntled Independents. It's full of Gary's unique brand of humor and our collective insight on various political things that are going wrong with the world. I might be biased, but I highly recommend it. We also brought in a female colleague of mine for the last few episodes.

So yeah, no major life-changing events asides from a kid. The kid's kinda a cool thing, I guess. :P

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »
Four years has been a while.

So to sum up. In August 2010, wifey and I had our first year anniversary. We bought a house, got new cars, another dog. I'm now working for my dad and about ready to probably take over his business in a few years. I'm currently training our new guy that I was instrumental in hiring. Wifey's business is the same, and booming. We have a 19-month old boy who is adorable. See Facebook for about a billion pictures. Online, I call him Chibi.

I started doing Let's Play youtube videos, which basically is a walkthrough of video games with live commentary. I recently got a Youtube Partnership, so I am now making (a very small amount of) money from the vids. I joined another forum (with an emphasis on gaming) where I am a mod of the creative writing section. I somehow am the poster with the second-most posts there. -shrug- It just happens, guys, I swear.

On that forum, there are several role-plays that I'm involved with. Basically, writing a creative story with a large group of people based in a particular setting. The top three that I'm involved with now are based in Persona, Kingdom Hearts, and Mass Effect, respectively. There also have been several original universe settings. These all fall under my Creative Writing modship section.

Since LOST ended, I really haven't found any TV shows that I've followed to the same degree. However, I have been getting more interested in political stuff. Gary and I started a podcast on politics called The Disgruntled Independents. It's full of Gary's unique brand of humor and our collective insight on various political things that are going wrong with the world. I might be biased, but I highly recommend it. We also brought in a female colleague of mine for the last few episodes.

So yeah, no major life-changing events asides from a kid. The kid's kinda a cool thing, I guess. :P

LIKE :P (we need a like button)
Hi JB!!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 01:13:57 PM »

LIKE (we need a LIKE button-if I say it enough Ben might see it and give us one)

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
LIKE (we need a LIKE button-if I say it enough Ben might see it and give us one)

SMACK!!!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »

SMACK!!!

OUCH!!!

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline TXFlyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 12:10:08 AM »
4 years?  Have I had Max'sdad  locked in a "Magic Box" that long?  I hope I drilled the air holes big enough.

I continue to design and build buildings.  My oldest graduated from high school last week.  In addition to the airplane I bought a motorcycle - it's fuel is much cheaper. 

That's about it.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 05:57:24 PM »
4 years? dang, i barely remember what i ate yesterday!!!

well... first of all, it's so nice to see some known faces (usernames) still around and hear (read) what the ppl i haven't kept in touch with have been doing :)

I finished my degree, am a Chemist now, then i got a job, they payed miserably, i quit after a year, hoping one year would be enough on my curriculum, turns out it wasnt. i got another job, like mos people i thought it boring and hated the bosses, then i got unemployed again. i got married sometime in between and we bought a house. hubby is still working abroad and i became a kept wife. got 4 fur kids and am still looking for a job, or maybe, if i win the lottery, ill get my own lab :) for now, i do some handmade  stuff to entertain myself and try to make some money.

planning on going to visit the hubs soon but traveling to Africa is making me jittery.7

also, im glad this place is back up, some of the memories made here are awesome and i owe Ben and SW some great friendships that last over 10 years now :) (wow, we're old!!!)

thats it!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
4 years? dang, i barely remember what i ate yesterday!!!

well... first of all, it's so nice to see some known faces (usernames) still around and hear (read) what the ppl i haven't kept in touch with have been doing :)

I finished my degree, am a Chemist now, then i got a job, they payed miserably, i quit after a year, hoping one year would be enough on my curriculum, turns out it wasnt. i got another job, like mos people i thought it boring and hated the bosses, then i got unemployed again. i got married sometime in between and we bought a house. hubby is still working abroad and i became a kept wife. got 4 fur kids and am still looking for a job, or maybe, if i win the lottery, ill get my own lab :) for now, i do some handmade  stuff to entertain myself and try to make some money.

planning on going to visit the hubs soon but traveling to Africa is making me jittery.7

also, im glad this place is back up, some of the memories made here are awesome and i owe Ben and SW some great friendships that last over 10 years now :) (wow, we're old!!!)

thats it!

wow that is a lot of stuff happening in 4 years.  Congratulations on the marriage, graduation and most of all a kept woman!  Joking about the kept woman, and good thoughts for finding a well payed job.

Agreed great friendships made here as well as memories (chorus of Memories flowing out of vocal chords...whilst neighborhood dogs come a barking)

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 11:17:50 PM »

Awe so sweet to see you posting and sharing on here.  You will be wonderful parents!  Kate promised to be the Nanny ;-)
Not sure if I can sell Kate as a baby name to the wife, but I'm not giving up!

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »
Am I dreaming or do I see that Ben has added a like button?? 
I guess we'll just have to adjust