Author Topic: What have you all been up to since we left the island?  (Read 8156 times)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
What have you all been up to since we left the island?
« on: May 31, 2014, 12:42:06 AM »
I was so excited when Craig told me that SWLS is baaaaack. 

How has everybody been doing?  What have you been up to in the last 4 years?

So many great memories and good friendships were created here so glad to be back !!

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: What have you all been up to since we left the island?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:05:37 AM »
Omg, did you say 4 years!?!?

Well, the biggest news for me is that I decided to go back to work, and I'm currently training to be a dog groomer. Hopefully I'll be done with school and working for reals by the end of June!

How are YOU, Debz???

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 08:25:58 AM »
CC when you are done, let me know I have friends who live in Auburndale and maybe they will use your services.

Yes, four years, that  was my first trip to England.  Since I have been back twice.  I met a wonderful man, bought a house and soon to have our third cat.  And going on 10 years with the company I work for.

But if we are FB friends you all knew that.  Four years ...wow

Offline POLLENZ

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »
wow can't believe its been 4 years, back then only had internet access in work, used to hate it when I had to go home and miss out on the laughs. now have internet at home and on phone so wont be missing out!! In same job still, been there over 12 years now and was promoted to office manager recently, although I may be demoted if I get caught on here in work time haha. still got 2 dogs Pollen and Kilo who are old timers now (sob) no kids (by choice). Still live in hometown Liverpool and spend much of my free time working my fabulous (but small) garden, growing tomatoes, herbs and flowers I love it!! So glad we are all back and can't wait to hear how everyone is getting on!! :-D

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 10:05:01 AM »
 8) Hello everyone! I've been very busy during these last few years. I got divorced and moved back to my hometown of Hickory NC. I started working for our local brewery which I absolutely love. And about 2 years ago I met the love of my life(for real this time). I lost around 100 lbs which feels amazing. I cant wait to hear what everyone has been up to!!

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 11:43:52 AM »
8) Hello everyone! I've been very busy during these last few years. I got divorced and moved back to my hometown of Hickory NC. I started working for our local brewery which I absolutely love. And about 2 years ago I met the love of my life(for real this time). I lost around 100 lbs which feels amazing. I cant wait to hear what everyone has been up to!!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 01:27:40 PM »
Omg, did you say 4 years!?!?

Well, the biggest news for me is that I decided to go back to work, and I'm currently training to be a dog groomer. Hopefully I'll be done with school and working for reals by the end of June!

How are YOU, Debz???

CC!!!! I am really happy that you are doing something you love!  And I'm REALLY happy to see you (((firlhugz))). I wish we were closer so I could use your services too!!   :-*.
I am the same.  Same job, same kids~ Bobbi is graduating high school this Tuesday can you believe it?  Nicole is back to work with me. (Yay!) she is doing well since her surgery.  I have a new grandson "Cake The Cat". I adore him!  He is partially blind and was a sickly little boy so I think I have a soft spot for him.  I spoil him rotten!  Other than that nothing much has changed .  I'm really happy to be back here with all the Losties! 
Ohhhh I met Joy  (AlwaysLost) at a Mumford & sons concert last summer (finally)
Life has not been the same since we left the island.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:15:43 PM by LostGirlDeb »

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »

Like ( we need a like icon)

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 02:07:29 PM »
CC when you are done, let me know I have friends who live in Auburndale and maybe they will use your services.

Yes, four years, that  was my first trip to England.  Since I have been back twice.  I met a wonderful man, bought a house and soon to have our third cat.  And going on 10 years with the company I work for.

But if we are FB friends you all knew that.  Four years ...wow

LiL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 02:09:07 PM »
Wow, the changes in technologies since we were all last active!  Now we are saying "Like" for replies!  I just have not been able to find another forum I liked.  Thank you so much for getting this one reactivated!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
Wow, the changes in technologies since we were all last active!  Now we are saying "Like" for replies!  I just have not been able to find another forum I liked.  Thank you so much for getting this one reactivated!

LostieLoo are you happy or what!!!!!!!!!!! You have been missing this for a long long time.
Huggles

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 04:38:08 PM »
I have been!  None other like it!  And now that I'm almost done with school obligations, I won't have to feel guilty about being on it!    ;D

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »
Woo hoo! I'm in!  4 years....  my baby girl, Quincy, is now 5!  My big girl, Sam, is now a teenager (no one told me teens are harder than toddlers).  I quit to stay home with Q, then went back to work at the school 3 years ago when a job opened. 

My life is very much the same....

But I am sitting on a cruise right now waiting to head out to sea!  Woo hoo!

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 05:54:43 PM »
Woo hoo! I'm in!  4 years....  my baby girl, Quincy, is now 5!  My big girl, Sam, is now a teenager (no one told me teens are harder than toddlers).  I quit to stay home with Q, then went back to work at the school 3 years ago when a job opened. 

My life is very much the same....

But I am sitting on a cruise right now waiting to head out to sea!  Woo hoo!

So jealous!! I'm a big fan of cruising!! Bon Voyage!**

Yeah, Cameron is 10 now... not looking forward to him becoming a preteen!!!

**ps where are you going?

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 06:34:18 PM »