Author Topic: Skeletons in the Cave  (Read 2087 times)

Offline sadavidas

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Skeletons in the Cave
« on: May 31, 2010, 08:04:49 PM »
I was looking at lostepia's timeline which had a reference to Rousseau's friend Montand that lost his arm and then was subsequently killed by the smoke monster after Rousseau's party landed on the island in "This Place is Death".  That made me remember the skeletons in the cave when Desmond is lowered down into it. 

This made me go back and look out of curiousity, at first there is a shot with two skeletons, then it shows one more that looks like it could be missing it's left arm.  I don't have the time right now to go see which arm the guy lost, but does anyone think that that skeleton could have been Montand's?

It might be a stretch, but it's something I have not seen anyone mention.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:08:29 PM by sadavidas »

Offline sadavidas

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Skeletons in the Cave
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:16:01 PM »
Okay, I found some screenshots:

The skeleton in the cave -

Montand's arm -

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 08:23:17 PM »
What cave did Desmond go into the one where the bear was?
Not sure if this changes anything as we know they had continuity issues

Offline sadavidas

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »
I guess I should have been a little more specific.  The cave I'm referring to was the one that the light was emanating from that he was lowered into by Flocke and Jack that Jacob was protecting.

It does not change anything about Lost but it if it is Montand's skeleton there it could answer the question of who the skeletons are.  They would be the remains of the people who Smokie pulled underground and that is where they were left.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:28:33 PM by sadavidas »

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 08:35:47 PM »
Possibly , but we saw Montand under the temple so it could be another victim from another time, I don't believe Smokey was hanging out in the light for long :)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »
MIB was looking for the light for centuries so he wouldn't have been able to bring anyone there.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 08:02:48 AM »
Pretty much the case- again I think we forget that there were a lot of continuity issues, I think they used the same Dharma beer cans over and over as well as skeletons ;)