Author Topic: It worked  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
It worked
« on: May 29, 2010, 10:33:33 PM »
Juliet was talking about the candy bar, not the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We all obsessed over this statement meaning that the bomb re-set time, but she was just having a flash to their purgatory/ALT timeline and the candy bar falling out of the machine.  That is all she meant by it.

I was waiting so intently for the "We could go dutch" line that I didn't even realize she said "It worked" also until I rewatched it tonight.

(My apologies if this has already been discovered/discussed by others, but I didn't see this in the other thread titles yet.)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: It worked
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:45:06 PM »
Juliet was talking about the candy bar, not the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We all obsessed over this statement meaning that the bomb re-set time, but she was just having a flash to their purgatory/ALT timeline and the candy bar falling out of the machine.  That is all she meant by it.

I was waiting so intently for the "We could go dutch" line that I didn't even realize she said "It worked" also until I rewatched it tonight.

(My apologies if this has already been discovered/discussed by others, but I didn't see this in the other thread titles yet.)

Wow! Great catch! here I am watching the same thing you are (for the second time) and it went right by me!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 12:09:55 AM »
I realized that tonight too watching a second time.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 03:26:55 AM »
I caught it the first time lol...but I also took it as having a double meaning. Well, at least until I realized Jack was dead, and that all of them were dead. At that point I thought "Oh, damn, it'd didn't work afterall" and that I was wrong about the double meaning. It was just a VERY clever red herring.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »
It was an amazing red herring.  Took some thinking to realize she wasn't referring to the bomb re-setting time at all, and that the bomb hands-down didn't work.