Author Topic: Emmy's  (Read 1378 times)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Emmy's
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:57:47 PM »
If you were in charge of Emmy submissions for Lost season 6, which episodes / actors would you nominate?

I'd submit The End for Best Drama, Foxy for The End for Best Actor, and Ben for Dr. Linus for Best Supporting Actor.  Didn't feel that any of the female performances this year were that strong (but the scripting didn't really call for it either) so I'd probably skip them or I'm just too lazy to think of the best one.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Emmy's
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
I would agree The End deserves an Emmy. I would have to go with O'Quinn and Emerson in the best actor category for their work in the entire season. Jack did well in The End so maybe a best actor nomination for him too! Since there are so many characters  on the show are all the characters considered supporting actors? Also, unfortuantley I don't see any of the female actresses getting a nomination. The writers didn't give them anything to do this season..... :(

Oh, Nestor Carbondale (sp?) for Ab Aterneo--he was great.

I think Lost should sweep the emmy's but I am a bit biased...

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 05:50:43 PM »
I think it might be hard to give Fox the Best Actor, even with as great as he was.

Best Supporting actor would be split between O'Quinn and Emerson, but I think O'Quinn gets the edge because of the range he showed and damn, he just was tremendous.

Best Music - easy

Best Drama - easy

Best screenplay - Not only for the themes they wrote about, but there were so many awesome 1 liners in every episode.

I don't have much faith in awards shows though. I really don't need them to validate what I already know, Lost is one of the greatest shows ever.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
I really think that this year Lost will be nominated for many Emmy's.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »
When are the Emmys?

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »
When are the Emmys?

In the US, these are the most prestigious awards for the television industry - think Oscars, only for television programs.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 09:42:23 PM »
LAF asked WHEN they are, not what they are. I'm not sure when, but my guess is April?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 10:00:10 PM »
LAF asked WHEN they are, not what they are. I'm not sure when, but my guess is April?

I think they are in September

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »
I thought the guy that played Richard was amazing in the episode that was all about him.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »
I like Terry O'Quinn for his portrayal of Flocke.  He's very subtle.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 12:15:10 AM »

LOL, yes I asked WHEN not WHAT.  So...April, September, that doesn't help me at all.  ha ha

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 09:07:14 AM »

LOL, yes I asked WHEN not WHAT.  So...April, September, that doesn't help me at all.  ha ha

LOL! OK- Nominations will be announced July 8th and the actual awards will be Sunday August 29th!