Author Topic: Jack's Stab Wound  (Read 947 times)

Offline sadavidas

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Jack's Stab Wound
« on: May 26, 2010, 01:08:21 PM »
It's not a major issue or anything or any huge revelation, I just think it's interesting -

Did anyone else gather that Jack knew the stab wound in his side was fatal?

He's a doctor, I'm pretty sure he knew he was going to die from it.  He even tells Hurley as much saying "I'm already dead" before he goes in to plug the cave.  That's why Jack didn't let Desmond plug the hole even though it could have been safe for him to do and that's why he didn't book it out of the cave and he just laid there smiling.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Stab Wound
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »
It's not a major issue or anything or any huge revelation, I just think it's interesting -

Did anyone else gather that Jack knew the stab wound in his side was fatal?

He's a doctor, I'm pretty sure he knew he was going to die from it.  He even tells Hurley as much saying "I'm already dead" before he goes in to plug the cave.  That's why Jack didn't let Desmond plug the hole even though it could have been safe for him to do and that's why he didn't book it out of the cave and he just laid there smiling.

Yeah, when he was lying in the cave he was smiling knowing he had saved everyone. His purpose was done and he knew he was dying.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Stab Wound
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 01:35:59 AM »
Speaking of his side wound, I immediately thought of the wound that Jesus Christ had when he was stabbed in the side -- pretty much the same spot (where they think Jesus was stabbed).  And that was what caused Christ's death (although the nails and thorns didn't help).