Author Topic: Positive thoughts on the finale  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Positive thoughts on the finale
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »
Nice to see they all achieved peace and weren't stuck wispering their way across the island.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 10:46:54 PM »
I liked it...

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 11:54:34 PM »
I liked the finale the first time I saw it, and the more that I think about it, the more I like it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 12:44:30 AM by lostandfree »

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 11:57:36 PM »
I've have NONE.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »
When Jack laid down to die in the Bamboo thicket and Vincent laid down next to him, so he wouldn't die alone.
While people have been predicting the end of Lost would be Jack closing his eye in the bamboo thicket, having Vincent there as he died was my favorite scene.
Sad.  :'(

Yeah... good doggie!  You can always count on the dog to be there for you when you need him most...

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
Yeah, I really got everything out of the finale that I wanted. I mean as great as some of the twists along the way have been (first time seeing whats in the hatch, first time seeing Dharmaville, "We have to go back, Kate!!") if there would have been a major game changing twist, it would have "created too many questions". I mean just imagine some Planet of the Apes type ending. Yeah, semi-cool factor, but ultimately unfulfilling.

I wanted a happy ending for our characters - CHECK
I wanted a happy ending for the Island - CHECK
I wanted high tension - CHECK
I wanted high emotion - CHECK
I wanted big special effects - CHECK
I wanted to hear "dude" "son of a bitch" & "brotha" - CHECK
I wanted the final shot to be the eye closing - CHECK
I hoped to see Frank and Richard again - CHECK (though I thought they were 100% dead)
I wanted to enjoy the ride - CHECK

I don't think there was any way for that finale to be any better for me. My all time favorite ending to my all time favorite show.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 12:22:09 AM »
With so many people discussing what they didn't like about the finale I thought why not a thread of the favorite parts of the finale. I loved the expression on Hurley's face when he went and got Charlie. He was so happy!
Favorite parts are probably ending with Jack's eye closing, and Juliet and Sawyer reconnecting.  And I liked seeing Christian again.  And the fiery pit that seemed to lead to Hell was a nice image.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 03:19:47 AM »
This sideways shot of Jack staring down FLocke from a distance as the island is starting to be destroyed:

The fact that the last 5 minutes of the finale had zero dialog (minus one line from Locke to Jack: "They're all waiting for you").

Ben sitting alone outside the church, even though both Locke and Hurley invite him in...very poignant scene. And Ben's reaction to seeing Hurley walk out of the church--the delight and warmth in his "Hello, Hugo" was incredibly sincere.

Vincent laying down next to Jack at the very end (as others have mentioned)...incredibly sad and beautiful at the same time.

Having the last image Jack will ever see in his life be that he did get the plane off the island afterall.

FLocke bleeding for the first time ever after Jack started punching him...and FLocke's expression on his face when he realized he was now vulnerable.

Every single one of the "breakthroughs" in the ALT...all were very emotional. Well, except the Sayid/Shannon one lol...but even that one had me going "Oh, s**t, it's Shannon" and laughing lol...

The moment I realized Hurley, and not Jack, was going to be the new island protector.

Seeing Rose and Bernard as the ones who rescued Desmond from the well.

Locke to Jack in the ALT: "You don't have a son"...that sent chills.

Kate in that dress lol :D...I'm sorry, but when they showed her approaching Jack after the concert had ended and Jack was looking for his "son", and especially when they showed her from the side...hoo, boy. I kept thinking why can't a woman that hot and dressed THAT good ever approach me and say "I've missed you soooo much"? lol

That they actually kept both Richard and Lapidus alive lol.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 08:59:25 PM »
Yeah, I really got everything out of the finale that I wanted. I mean as great as some of the twists along the way have been (first time seeing whats in the hatch, first time seeing Dharmaville, "We have to go back, Kate!!") if there would have been a major game changing twist, it would have "created too many questions". I mean just imagine some Planet of the Apes type ending. Yeah, semi-cool factor, but ultimately unfulfilling.

I hoped to see Frank and Richard again - CHECK (though I thought they were 100% dead)

I don't think there was any way for that finale to be any better for me. My all time favorite ending to my all time favorite show.

Yeah I think the way it was presented you could tell it wasnt going to be an Emeril BAM! I loved it...I feel complete still..

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 09:45:44 PM »
When Jack laid down to die in the Bamboo thicket and Vincent laid down next to him, so he wouldn't die alone.
While people have been predicting the end of Lost would be Jack closing his eye in the bamboo thicket, having Vincent there as he died was my favorite scene.
Sad.  :'(
It's was such an emotional scene! I thought it brought the series full circle...a perfect ending.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 11:11:16 PM »

Yeah I think the way it was presented you could tell it wasnt going to be an Emeril BAM! I loved it...I feel complete still..
Yes, yes, and yes. Plus, everything WhatThe said, lol.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »

Yes, yes, and yes. Plus, everything WhatThe said, lol.

You liked seeing Kate in that dress, too, huh? lol ;)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 07:53:37 AM »
I think the concept of them of them living together, dying "alone" but living together eternally was a twist that I didn't see coming.  That their bond was that strong that the collective souls/bodies gave them that ability to achieve that.

This group of strangers living in on an island with all the adversity they face in the end they were all happy, comfortable and without issue

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 01:10:22 AM »
I think the concept of them of them living together, dying "alone" but living together eternally was a twist that I didn't see coming.  That their bond was that strong that the collective souls/bodies gave them that ability to achieve that.

This group of strangers living in on an island with all the adversity they face in the end they were all happy, comfortable and without issue

Excellently put *thumbsup*

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 10:30:06 AM »

Props