Author Topic: Positive thoughts on the finale  (Read 6029 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Positive thoughts on the finale
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »
I think the concept of them of them living together, dying "alone" but living together eternally was a twist that I didn't see coming.  That their bond was that strong that the collective souls/bodies gave them that ability to achieve that.

This group of strangers living in on an island with all the adversity they face in the end they were all happy, comfortable and without issue

Excellently put *thumbsup*
Thank you

I think the concept of them of them living together, dying "alone" but living together eternally was a twist that I didn't see coming.  That their bond was that strong that the collective souls/bodies gave them that ability to achieve that.

This group of strangers living in on an island with all the adversity they face in the end they were all happy, comfortable and without issue

Props
Thank you

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 11:29:36 PM »
Yeah, I really got everything out of the finale that I wanted. I mean as great as some of the twists along the way have been (first time seeing whats in the hatch, first time seeing Dharmaville, "We have to go back, Kate!!") if there would have been a major game changing twist, it would have "created too many questions". I mean just imagine some Planet of the Apes type ending. Yeah, semi-cool factor, but ultimately unfulfilling.

I wanted a happy ending for our characters - CHECK
I wanted a happy ending for the Island - CHECK
I wanted high tension - CHECK
I wanted high emotion - CHECK
I wanted big special effects - CHECK
I wanted to hear "dude" "son of a bitch" & "brotha" - CHECK
I wanted the final shot to be the eye closing - CHECK
I hoped to see Frank and Richard again - CHECK (though I thought they were 100% dead)
I wanted to enjoy the ride - CHECK

I don't think there was any way for that finale to be any better for me. My all time favorite ending to my all time favorite show.

Yeah I think the way it was presented you could tell it wasnt going to be an Emeril BAM! I loved it...I feel complete still..
Yes, yes, and yes. Plus, everything WhatThe said, lol.

You liked seeing Kate in that dress, too, huh? lol ;)
That dress was way way way HOT!

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 12:44:58 PM »
Regardless the church scene,

I was happy about the ending because I told myself ok I can live with Sayid, Jin and Sun dead. But not Hurley, Jack, Sawyer and Kate. For a moment I really thought that to be the Island's protector you had to be the last man standing. So ending up with Hurley and Ben on the Island was another twist I wasn't expecting. Bravo!

Offline sparrow

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 07:33:14 PM »
I loved Ben in the last eppie. Or, I loved him all through the show. haha. <3

After having some of the stuff explained, (dont hate me on that please!) - I really loved Saywer's way of making up for his sins. Even if I always loved Saywer for being bad, and also Kate. (They were my sweethearts because they had done bad things and had bad things happen to them and such..and they were really "difficult" in the start of the show. tbh I actually hated Kate the first episodes, but then I started getting to know her and I loved her) - anyyway, even if I didn't enjoy "good Saywer" too much, it still really melted my heart when I realized he was making up for his criminal life by being a cop.  :'( dunno why that really struck me so much.

Also, I'm so glad they met up again and remembered. I was afraid some might not remember. <3 awww and they were all together and had a good time. And the ending had Jack hug both Desmond, Saywer and Hurley. DesmondxJack and SaywerxJack was a real manlove moment. woo!

(and a very random thought on the last episode, I loved how Sayid looked totally out of his element when he sat in the car as Hurley went to sedate Charlie I think..and Saiyd was sitting there in his pastell-purple shirt, with his seatbelt still on, stretching to look back in the car. hahaha. it was soo odd seeing him that way, compared to how he was on the island)