Author Topic: Positive thoughts on the finale  (Read 6005 times)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Positive thoughts on the finale
« on: May 26, 2010, 09:12:01 AM »
With so many people discussing what they didn't like about the finale I thought why not a thread of the favorite parts of the finale. I loved the expression on Hurley's face when he went and got Charlie. He was so happy!

Offline jinfan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Positive thoughts on the finale
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 09:31:44 AM »
I liked when Jin sees Sawyer and he smiles REAL big an just says "detective"

I loved Hurley being leader

I loved Ben on the bench

Sawyer and Juliet....I just cried all over the place

and Terry O'Quinn...every scene he was ever in on this show.

Offline Xentro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
I love jacks mega kick towards Locke, very cool !  :)

Offline bluesmanjay

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 10:03:34 AM »
Hurley being the leader. I mean that is the coolest thing! Name one person who would do a better job!

Offline jinfan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »
Okay, I'll add one more....When Jack tells Locke/MIB/Smokey that he dishoners John Lockes name by wearing his face. Jacks best line imho.

Offline DaveJohnson

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 11:13:47 AM »
Okay, I'll add one more....When Jack tells Locke/MIB/Smokey that he dishoners John Lockes name by wearing his face. Jacks best line imho.
Completely agree - this was awesome! Especially considering Jack's initial feeling towards Locke  ;D

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »
First of all, each of the "epiphany" scenes were all emotional wallops.  I loved each and every one.

Jack's scenes with Desmond: "There's no going back, no do-overs.  Believe me, I already tried that.  What happened, happened"  I'm paraphrasing, but I love that scene.  Look at Jack's transformation just from the S5 finale which was all about undoing everything, to that moment.  And "See ya in another life, brother" - I love that line and the way they used it here. 

Kate to Desmond:  "Christian Shepherd?  Seriously?" :D 

Flocke to Jack:  "So its you?  Aren't you the obvious choice?"  Great nod to the audience.

Richard starting to age but wanting to live. 

Jack and Christian - I *LOVED* that scene.  I know some others didn't, but for me it was spot on. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 12:23:45 PM by MachThree »

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 12:51:05 PM »
I honestly cannot think of a single thing about the Finale I did not LOVE. Maybe the credits and knowing there would be no more of it. Favorite part was the exchange between Jack and MiB about whats going to happen at the Light. Priceless.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 01:28:30 PM »
When Jack laid down to die in the Bamboo thicket and Vincent laid down next to him, so he wouldn't die alone.
While people have been predicting the end of Lost would be Jack closing his eye in the bamboo thicket, having Vincent there as he died was my favorite scene.
Sad.  :'(

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »
Completely agree - this was awesome! Especially considering Jack's initial feeling towards Locke  ;D

Jack's best line ever--

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 03:12:33 PM »
I loved when Jack stood up to Flocke and told him he was going with him to the cave and then he would kill him.  The look on everyone else's face was priceless!  Ben has shown he can take a punch willingly to further his plans, Kate has kicked some serious ass, Sawyer is as bad-ass as they come, and Desmond had a new sense of confidence and peace about him, but they gaped at each other, shocked at Jack's lack of fear.  Even Flocke himself looked a little taken aback and unsure of himself, which is unusual for someone who doesn't even blink at bullets!

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 03:14:01 PM »
I was so happy to see Richard and then when I thought I couldn't be happier-- Frank!!!!

Offline Caitlin

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 03:54:36 PM »
I liked that Christian finally behaved like a father to Jack in the end by gently breaking the news to Jack that they were both dead, and then hugging him and offering reassurance.  Maybe a bit cheesy to some people, I know, but also a good sense of closure to others.  :)

And also as mentioned before, the fact that Jack had Vincent with him so that he didn't "die alone." 

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 03:40:29 PM »
I always watched the episodes two or three times, but didn't watch the end again,
because I'm afraid I will cry again for two hours.  :-\

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 03:59:55 PM »
Yeah it hit me again the second time. Three times instead of five.