Author Topic: The Psychic? Thoughts?  (Read 4785 times)

Offline deadpolarbear

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
The Psychic? Thoughts?
« on: May 14, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »
The Psyhcic we saw in this episode and in Claire's previosu flashbacks, claimed he was a fraud... but why do you think he went to so much trouble to convince claire to go to LA??? and also he never took any money from her.... ? why would he be like this if he was a fraud?

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: The Psychic? Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 01:25:11 PM »
well, it seems like he wanted to get those two, claire and eko on that plane
he got claire on it by giving her the tickets and telling her he had a new vision or something
he got eko on it by claiming he was a fraud, so that eko would not have to investigate the miracle claim, and thus be able to catch his flight to LA

one good question is: does the pshycic work for or is affiliated with dharma/hanso?
i would say that is a good possibility

Offline dymonaz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 10:04:59 PM »
well the more i think about it the more it feels like the psychic was lying that he is a fraud. but than again there is LOTS of coincidences in lost. or maybe he did his 'research' about eko and realised that he is a 'good' person and that's why he thought claire must take the flight (and get a chance to meet eko - or maybe even someone else on 815)

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 08:37:30 PM »
He is a fraud.  He's just a fraud that works for Dharma.  He didn't take money from Claire because Dharma paid him...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 10:44:02 PM »
He is either a psychic who lied to Eko or he is being paid to play Eko and Claire to get them on that plane and to Craphole Island. My prediction is he is being paid.

Offline dymonaz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 02:02:29 PM »
Getting paid to get Eko on the plane? I don't see how is this possible. He just told Eko he is a fraud - not even Sawyer could've planned such a huge con - Eko was going to be on the plane in any case.

And as for the getting paid to get Claire... I guess we first have to see the finale to know why the plane crashed. But is there anyone in the world so stupid, as to send a pregnant woman on a plane which IS going to crash, and if you need that person - why risk his/her life? There are easier ways to do it. It doesn't make sense for both of these to be true: a) dharma crashed the plane b) dharma gathered CERTAIN people (they need) on the plane.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 01:33:12 AM »
He told Eko he was a fraud so he would stop investigating the "miracle" this got Eko on the plane.

He would have Claire on the plane if he new it was a soft landing or a planned accident. He would know this if he worked for Dharma. I am not solid on this theory but I think it is as likely as any.

Offline Caidoz

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 02:46:16 PM »
He was lying.  He knew if Eko investigated the miracle, Eko would miss Flight 815.  I wonder how many other characters had something to do with that psychic, and I wonder *why* the psychic wants them on the flight.

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 05:10:14 PM »
Given the number of twists and turns the show has brought us, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another twist, and it would turn out Malkin was lying yet again... and he was in fact, psychic, as we originally supposed.  After all, he kept going back and forth with Claire... first, he said the baby should be raised by no one except her, and then he said that the adoptive couple in LA was also safe (kind of mirrors Dr. Kim's lies as well--and we are left not entirely sure whether it was Jin or Sun who was infertile, to this day, because he kept going back and forth).  So I think the book is still left open on what the truth about the psychic's abilities are, too. 

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 02:03:29 AM »
I think Pandora summed upthe psychic about Claire excellently.  good summation on him.Jugdish and CAidoz do a superb job of wrapping up his motives about Eko. He was lying.But as Pandora points out will he could be back with more twists and turns and lies as she put it .